Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz X ~ Coming Summer 2015 ~Discussion

View Post Originally Posted by WebbyMomKinz
It was hinted on their FB page, that there will be a new room engine (someone had a stuck poster on the wall when they made a new doorway) and one of the team said that the new engine will take care of this issue, so I think we will finally be able to remove and add doors.

I also think they they will be making the dock more like the app version, with the similar type items sorted together - all floors, walls and flooring together, all wall art together etc..

They have been slowly adding content to the app, allowing us to do more on it. To be completely honest, rooms load much faster and it is my preferred method to decorate now. We can also now get login gifts and open them with the app, again, it is so much faster!

I think Webkinz X will be the complete integration of the app and the web based game, so that we can play and do everything, anywhere, on almost any device.
Thanks for the info. While I still prefer decorating & playing on my regular computer, I know that such changes would be great for those who like the app (like you ) and I wouldn't even mind a dock change (once I get accustomed to it lol)

Last edited by adrib; 05-06-2015 at 01:14 PM..
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #22

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

A more organized and expanded dock would be really nice! Also maybe a way to use a 'search' feature for all our things. I'd love that! Some new arcade games (for everyone) would be fun too. Or more clubhouse rooms with Kinzchat plus.
I'm not one for change, just for the sake of change.. and Ganz has had a rocky road with things that they've changed in the past. I really hope it's all positive for everyone, and not taking things away from anyone. Whatever they do, I hope they test it all out thoroughly first! LOL
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #23
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

I think they should change a lot, like, i love how they have always kept the same gameplay basis and idea, and I hope they do continue to keep the same general idea of what webkinz is, but if we saw some major changes that could put popularity into the game again that would be so amazing, I hope they do something like that.

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebkinz
Well, X is the roman numeral ten so maybe it stands for the start of the next ten years. I can't discern anything from the image on webkinz news. Anyone have any ideas on that? Here are my hopes. Removable doors are a big want! Time they made good on that promise. Hopefully the game will become more interactive between players like Animal Jam is. Am I allowed to mention a rival game here? That's all that comes to my mind at the minute.

Click the image to open in full size.
the start of the next 10 years? that would be amazing, I bet there are going to be lots of theories and stuff circulating around about this new webkinz x. I hope they post more information soon ( GANZ )

I don't think it will just be a feature change though, I think it will be a MAJOR gameplay overhaul, something unlike anything we have ever seen before, one thing i wish is they would bring hamsters back though.

Last edited by mattyboo1; 05-06-2015 at 09:39 PM..
mattyboo1 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
lanathelab

lanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshine
lanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshinelanathelab is a ray of sunshine

Oh, everyone has made wonderful points so far. I do think the Webkinz X goes more along with the roman numeral 10.... but whether that stands for 10 major changes, 10 new features, 10 more years, etc. I am at a loss. I wonder if they are going to add interactivity features like being able to connect to facebook, instagram, whatever social media outlet have you.

I honestly would just like removable/movable doors/rooms, search bar for the dock, and being able to do more through the mobile app, especially being able to go to the curio shop! And as I am writing this, I remembered the wonderful idea someone had suggested awhile ago and that I have always wanted... a Webkinz Bank! That would certainly be new!

So, I was just decorating one of my rooms and when I went to rotate the webkinz newz camera it glitched for a moment and showed the item turned diagonally!.... and then I thought what with the X and it being a possible overhaul on the look, maybe they are breaking away from the grid layout?

Last edited by lanathelab; 05-07-2015 at 04:23 PM..
lanathelab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #25

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Maybe this is the X-tra super Deluxe membership subscription, where they take most things away from deluxe members and offer the More Fun eXpanded deluxe membership?? (which will cost more)
LOL just kidding. Ganz would never do anything like that to its loyal members.

Last edited by Desty; 05-08-2015 at 11:32 AM..
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #26
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.
Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.

I didn’t see the article until just today (I’ve been kinda out of the loop lately). I can’t imagine what it could be. I know there’s always been rumors of WW going all 3-D, which I honestly hope never happens. I absolutely love the 2-D experience. Amazing World and the hamsters place has never looked like fun to me with that ugly 3-D going on. Plus, WW is already as slow as it can be on my computer. I’m sure making everything 3-D would be the end of my WW experience. So with that being said, I hope they aren’t going to try something like that. I love WW the way it is. I’m not an active player anymore, but I still do go on every now and then. I hope whatever changes they bring, it doesn’t completely change the game. I wish they would just add all the features we’ve been asking for for years – removable doors, the ability to sell/delete unwanted rooms, a “clear room” feature, and something I’ve always wanted: the ability to enter our own Kinzpost messages, using the KC+ chat system. Perhaps with Webkinz X, there will be some new chatting feature, which would be cool.

Catlover200710 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #27

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

New article:
Sneak Peek: What is Webkinz X? | WKN: Webkinz Newz

"It’s already been a busy year with the 10th anniversary of Webkinz World, but we’ve only just begun! This summer we will be debuting “Webkinz X”, the next step in the continuing evolution of Webkinz!

Webkinz X will be a huge leap forward in the look and feel of the game, keeping everything you love, but adding some new and exciting elements!

Here’s the second sneak peek look at one of the NEW important elements that will be a part of the NEW Webkinz!"

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by adrib; 05-10-2015 at 12:52 PM..
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #28
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

I've been away from WW for a while, but I have to admit, the mystery of Webkinz X may draw me back in (I know, that's definitely one of the goals for Ganz )

But, I really hope they don't mess everything up in the process. Whenever I (rarely) log into WW, I do it to relax and not get frustrated. The simplicity of the interface is one of the best things that the site has and I hope they don't change that in any way. I still remember the layout change of 2007 and how it actually did give the site a nice refresh from the comic sans font on the dock and things to do menu. I feel like if Ganz wants to do something along the lines of a layout change, they need to figure out ways to make the dock more organized and a way to speed things up when you have a lot stored in your dock. I'd also like to see a refresh of some of the places in WW (employment office, curio shop, etc.) that haven't been a primary focus over the past 10yrs. I really hope that Ganz doesn't change the entire game to a 3D interface. No offense to those who enjoy it, but I think it would look hideous with the pets, rooms, items, etc. On another note, the W-Shop NEEDS to go back to the way it was. There was nothing wrong. At all. I am so confused when I search through it because nothing is where it should be. If they don't want to change it back fine, but at least add a search bar. Even though the app is nice, I really would like to see the web experience and the app experience stay separate. Yes, obviously, make SOME things the same on the app and web (rooms, dock, pets, etc.), but keep most of it out. If they're heading for the app updates, I'd like to see app-only games that have unique prizes.

(By looking at the new picture, it seems like they'll be getting rid of the things to do menu and making it icons only? I hope not...)

Last edited by katiepup; 05-10-2015 at 05:00 PM..
katiepup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #29
Hazzy2324

Hazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guideHazzy2324 is a golden guide

Jumping into this conversation after having only quickly glancing over a few comments, so forgive me if I repeat anything... I just wanted to add my thoughts and opinions.

I've been around since 2007 and frankly I'm excited to see all the changes. To me Webkinz World does feel outdated and some of the features have been updated in ages (*ahem*My Pages*ahem*). I absolutely love the look and feel of the Webkinz app and I really hope to see some of those streamline designs are implemented in the online browser game.

Webkinz 10 Year Anniversary did wonders for Ganz's morale. It's nice to see all the positivity after having a period of little communication and negative comments. I think the Ten Year Anniversary drew a lot of attention to the casual and new players. I think that the renovations will bring in a lot of new players that are otherwise deterred by the outdated html-look of the current game.

It's no lie that Ganz is really trying to step up their game. Look at all the cool features they've done! Design Contests! Podcasts! Fanart! Fanmail! Social Media! Gotta give Ganz some credit for trying!

I think it's a step in the right direction for Ganz to recognize problem areas and to fix them. The W-Shop has a great look and feel. The categorizing needs a little more work, but I'm cool with baby steps.

As for everyone who has apprehensions about the new look, I understand. I mean when has anything ever worked the first time for Ganz? (Anyone remember when the Park first came out and then the trash collection fiasco? Good times...Good times...)

Honestly, there are few online "kid" games of Webkinz magnitude and reputation. I think these changes will help with Ganz's competition, honestly. It's a dog-eat-dog world in the gaming business and kudos to Ganz for keeping their head above water for so long!
Hazzy2324 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #30
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear is an unparalleled talent
Honeybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talent

If the new stuff is IN ADDITION TO rather than REPLACING what already exists, I'm totally fine with it. If they start messing around with the basics, I'll be unhappy.

I've found over the years (I've played since 2006) that whenever they start touting "wonderful, exciting changes!" it's almost always something that doesn't function well (hello, hot mess of the W-shop!), is way glitchy, or it's something I don't use much.

The big exception has been this 10-year anniversary stuff -- I'm amazed at how generous they've been and how much fun the events have been.

Now, if Webkinz X enables us to move or sell back rooms, or move doorways, I will be cheering the loudest

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and it turns out to be something wonderful, but honestly, I'm not really optimistic.
Honeybear is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
fish fashionistas, ganz what have you done?!, googles always prevail, i hate webkinz x, terrible update, totally ruined, webkinz x, who farted?, x project, yucky!!