Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

joey218 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Webkinz Is Tooo Pricy ???...And Kina Pointless :/

I think webkinz is getting 2 pricy
i know the econemy is bad and everything but webkinz is going over the edge
like the new badges...i think webkonz has alot of nerve making a 300 webkinz badge
i mean what kid or FAMILY has enough money 2 buy 300 webkinz...no one...unless your rich
and the trading cards ...to collect the whole set you have 2 buy like 3 whole boxes...each pack is $3.oo and they'res 36 packs in a box!
And the estore is the worst!
i know they make everything look cool...but when you think about it your paying 4 online items!
and some of the items are more than webkinz...why buy a virtual item 4 18.00 when you can buy a webkinz for less or the same ...they will never exist in the rel world so why waste your money???
and to top it all off...your account only lasts a year from when you adopt a pet....so if you want 2 stay on the site you have to keep adopting!!!!

i know everyone loves webkinz but in the end it was a waste of your parents money because in the future your not even going 2 remember webkinz !
your parents are pretty much paying for online items since no stuffed animal as small as webkinz should be 18.00 and you only go on the site for a year with every webkinz you buy

sorry for making everyone feel aquard but thats the truth

please comment if you think webkinz is 2 pricy as well
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
uvs the weim

SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Webkinz Is Tooo Pricy ???...And Kina Pointless :/

1. This is is the wrong section
2. There are people who do not mind paying $18 for a webkinz, or paying for online items, it just depends on the person
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
WFB
wfb0417

WFB is an unknown quantity at this point

Webkinz are a waste of money, my mom says. They're not real and you could be doing something better with your money, but Webkinz is fun. I don't think I'll adopt very many more Webkinz, even though I buy them with my own money.
WFB is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #4

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

I agree that the e-store is a rip-off, but you have to take into account that there is a certain thrill when opening trading cards, and entering the codes, getting a blossom fish or love dino, some people really enjoy webkinz (and 12.00 a year to keep your account open isn't going to kill you.). This website, Wi, was created because of webkinz!! Webkinz is a big thing, it's international, and it's a pass time for some people. and as SOSO910 said, this is the wrong section.
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #5

loganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Paying $18 is to much for a webkinz. I agree. I usually get mine on sale for $10 or buy 2 for $13 each and get a third free. I bought four Googles for my family the other day. It cost me $30 for all four (plus tax). The e-store for the most part is a rip-off. I have bought stuff there, but I don't like to. I collect cars and Halloween stuff, so I had to get my collection finished at the e-store. It is too much for a virtual item you do not own. But as long as they can charge these high prices and people pay for it, Ganz will continue to exploit the fad until it is gone like Ty did with Beanie Babies. I see the demise of the Webkinz brand in the near future I tell you, and it will be a shame.
loganace33 is offline Male
Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

Everyone has their own opinions, their own money, and their own right to a free decision. So let's respect that some people like Webkinz a lot and would prefer to spend more money while others wouldn't.
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #7

ottercute has a spectacular aura about

i would NEVER say yes to this
ottercute is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
Gift Trainee

funkyfree will become famous soon enough

Here is my opinion on the matter. Webkinz are a bit pricey but you do not have to pay for all the extra stuff. Keep ion mind, you only NEED one webkinz. Also it's about being a smart buyer. You can often purchase webkinz on Ebay for 99 cents with free shipping and handling. This means that you get a year's worth of play for less than a dollar. What else are you going to do with that dollar? Buy a candy bar? A pack of gum? Also, Hallmark has sales from time to time. The other day I got a kinzstyle piece for 75% off. This means it was only a couple of dollars. Even if you pay full price for a webkinz at about 12 dollars this is only 12 dollars for a year. This compared to other sites like Club Penguin which is I think 60 for a year seems reasonable to me. I agree EStore is out of control but it doesn't say in the user agreement you are required to buy all this extra stuff. This can be obtained through trading and hard work. If you shop right and don't get carried away in all the smoke and lights of webkinz it is not only somewhat affordable but also hours of fun.

Price Comparison:
Outside/With friends: Free
Movies: 8 dollars an hour
Arcade: 10 dollars an hour
A day at the mall: 20 dollars an hour
Amusement Park: 12 dollars an hour
Picninc in the Park w/food: 1 dollar an hour ish
Webkinz Plush (1 toy playing 1 hour a day): .032 cents

If you go with only the necessities it doesn't compare badly to other activities.

PS: Imagine how much it costs for a therapist. Webkinz helps relieve my stress for only 12 dollars a year without paying by hour. Now that's a good deal to me!
funkyfree is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Elephantboy42
Gifted
Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!

Sure they cost a lot, but hey, some people like this. For most of us, at least I hope, we use our own money to buy webkinz. It is your choice to either buy or not buy what you want, but Ganz is just trying to make Webkinz more enjoyable.
Elephantboy42 is offline Male
Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Gift Guru

asterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I agree that they are too expensive, but I will keep buying them. I just got back from the mall and I spent $55 on the Lamb, Cotton Candy Bunny and the new bunny kinzstyle. I'm happy with my purchase though, I like webkinz.

Last edited by asterravos; 02-07-2009 at 08:22 PM..
asterravos is offline Female
Closed