Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #11
nanadeb
Gifted

miamia is a name known to allmiamia is a name known to allmiamia is a name known to all

Default Re: The Rottweiler: A Controversial Webkinz?

View Post Originally Posted by pj1sportsfan
I think ganz had a great idea for it to come out! I mean how can a rottweiler be more dangerous than a tiger, lion, bear, crocodile, etc.....
Good Point !

As an animal lover myself I don't think there is anything controversial at all. Any animal can be dangerous if backed in a corner or treated badly. As many of us pointed out many of these dog breeds get a bad rep. 9 times out of ten you hear later how the animal was abused and /or even neglected. Unfortunately , people will go with what they first hear in the news. Most people don't see the follow up on the story on how / or what made the animal attack. This is a good thread and nice to see that so many of us agree. :rott:

My sister has 2 pitbulls and they are the sweetest things.
miamia is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
dusangpyong
Gift Guru

dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!

I've trained dogs (on a volunteer basis) on and off for the last 20 years. I've run across good and bad rotties and every breed and mix in between. Some of it is a genetic thing, I really believe. Rotties like to be the boss and a lot of people who buy/adopt them don't really know what they are getting into. There are several breeds that like being the boss, but training can prevent hte vast majority of problems. Even the gentle breeds can get a bad rep if people don't know what they are doing. It's scary how many Great Danes and Labrador Retrievers (both generally very gentle breeds) end up in pounds because "I can't control him anymore". People get a dog and think that a little training here and there will be all it takes, but think about the danger a 200 lb dog (in the case of danes) can pose just when it decides to run through the house chasing a baseball. It's not that unusual to see dane owners with crooked noses because they have been bopped by the dog (completely on accident) and it broke their nose. Just for the record, I have had just as many problems out of Poodles and Parson Russel Terriers as Rotties when it comes to training and dominance issues. Right now my biggest problem is a neighbor's Basenji being aggressive, but it is the neighbor's fault, not the dog, since he mistreats it. Oh, as a side note, did you know that black dogs are perceived as more dangerous or aggressive than any other color and it has no basis in fact, just human perception?
dusangpyong is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
kats2003
Webkinz :)

kats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant future

I worked as a Veterinary Technician for more than 16 yrs and it surprises a lot of people to hear that Cocker Spaniels are right near the top of the list of biters.

Most of the bites reported tend to be from large dogs, and that's simply because they do the most damage but the real "bite leaders" are small dogs. People get bit by these little guys every day but get reported less often because they aren't serious. There's a big difference between the bite mark left in your leg by a Rottie vs say a Yorkie so which bite gets reported? The Rottie..........

Now in those 16 yrs and handling all different breeds of dogs I only got bit 3 times (nothing serious thankfully), wanna guess the 3 breeds of dog that I got bit by?
kats07 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
Webkinz Lovers are
Gifted

cheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of light

I LOVE the rottwiler! It is very cute. One od my friends has one, and he's not mean, just hyper. Im sure that rottwilers began being labled as "mean" when a hyper rottwiler knocked down, or injured a person.
cheekyluver123 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #15
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

I agree. I don't have any real-life rottie stories but I love the breed. Their beautiful dogs and it's all about how they are raised. If I saw a rottie, I would not go pet it because you don't know if it's one of the badly raised ones or not. I'd only play with a rottie if I new the owner well. But I love rotties and am a proud owner of a rottie webkinz.

---------- gatorgirlchamps added 6 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

The most dangerous breeds I'd say would be poodles and huskies. Shar Peis and pretty violent too. g'ma (who was a very good owner she bred poodles) had this one poodle and she LOVED to bite people. And huskies bite people a lot too. And I myself used to own a shar pei which we used as a guard dog. She loved us, but strangers-don't even try. She'll eat you. And when I was a newborn we had a shar pei we had to put down because he was too violent.

Last edited by gatorgirlchamps; 07-22-2008 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
Edward Cullen is a

xolyssax67 has a spectacular aura aboutxolyssax67 has a spectacular aura about

Im glad they made one. I thought that to, and its not there fault and its quite sad what they do to them is cruel. Maybe this will change a couple kids minds when they adopt they cute adorable Rottweiler. I dont have one but i want one. Hopefully this will change some views because ik alot of people think this. I love your thoughts on this
xolyssax67 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #17
Gift Guru

ShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting everyone! I'm glad so many of us share the same view: it's not the breed, but the owner and how they trained the dog. It saddens me that there are so many *individual* violent dogs out there, of any different breeds, from the smallest chihuahua to the biggest great dane, but the ones that get punished the most are rotties and pits and the like. My friend has a pit bull named Ivy, she is the sweetest thing. I'm glad that for us, the rottweiler isn't a controversial Webkinz, just another cuddly face!

dusangpyong, that's very interesting about the black dogs being perceived as more dangerous. I guess it makes sense though. Black has always been thought of as a "scary" colour. It's a shame, though.

kats07, wonderful point about the number of bite reports! I hadn't even thought of that at first. Another upsetting fact, to me at least. I'm guessing your dog bites were all from small, toy breeds? At least not the larger, more aggressive breeds people would guess at first?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #18

wylacrosse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im new to the forum and i know how bad people trreat rotweiler and i know how nice the dogs can be because ive grown up with them im only 12 now but ive had them my whole life and they nerver bit anyone we would chase him around play tug of war with him (him be my current rotweiler max) he is so nice even to new people like most dogs arent the personality of the rotweiler depends on how it is brought up and im sure ganz didnt try to make a "killer" with the rotweiler:rott::rott:
wylacrosse is offline Male
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #19
Gift Guru

webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine
webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine

I disagree. I think that there is nothing wrong with making a :rott:
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #20
Edward Cullen is a

xolyssax67 has a spectacular aura aboutxolyssax67 has a spectacular aura about

I know what you mean. When i was in preschool ( Yes i still remember this ) they had a "Special" Play for us. They had the police come in and with there big " Mean " German Shepards. They had a whole play about how the German Shepards attacked people!! And they showed us ( Let me remind you this was preshool, 2-4 year olds!! ) It was sooo sad and cruel what they were showing us over and over
xolyssax67 is offline Female
Closed