Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
If you want it, ask!
Gifted

KinzCashRulz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Overpriced?!!!!

I think Webkinz are WAY overpriced. They should be 6.99 for 'Lil Kinz and 8.99 for Webkinz! I love Webkinz and I'm a proud owner of 38 Webkinz but I've spent over $300 dollars in Webkinz and I just don't think I should have to throw all my allowence and babysitting money down the toliet if I want to have a bunch of Webkinz. They don't even have a shortage of Webkinz, they are just trying to get us obsessed. What is up with this??

I say keep the Webkinz coming, keep these Plush Pets cute and furry, but for the guy who designs the prices, GET REAL!!!!

Who's with me????!!!!!!!!
-
If you are with me, sign your WI user name, your webkinz name and how many pets you have.
Here's an example:

KinzCashRulz
Smashgals1996

Last edited by KinzCashRulz; 07-29-2007 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Gifted

Kittygirl72 is just really niceKittygirl72 is just really nice

Default Re: Overpriced?!!!!

I got my alley cat little kinz for 6.99 at a candy store in a mall!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I disagree. When beanie babies were all the craze the cheapest you could find them was $10.99 and some went for hundreds even before they were retired. And beanie babies just sit there and look cute.

At least with Webkinz you can enjoy the plush to cuddle and play with as well as you have the whole Webkinz world to interact with your virtual pet and with other Webkinz owners.

For each pet you pay for you get the plush toy plus one year of interactive play online. I buy all the plushes when I want them.. but I don't activate them. I have activated only 2 so far. I will activate them closer to my 'expiry' date to extend my WW time!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

I don't think they are overpriced, either. At least, not yet, anyway. Where can you buy a computer game for around 15.00?? No where that I know.

I think the trading cards are a little overpriced, but that's life....And that's one of the biggest things I love about the WEBKINZ game in general: It is constantly teaching children about real life---financing, making choices, etc.
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Banned
xhollixsterx is a jewel in the roughxhollixsterx is a jewel in the rough

I agree! Add xhollixsterx and TerrorBoy!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by KinzCashRulz
I think Webkinz are WAY overpriced. They should be 6.99 for 'Lil Kinz and 8.99 for Webkinz! I love Webkinz and I'm a proud owner of 38 Webkinz but I've spent over $300 dollars in Webkinz and I just don't think I should have to throw all my allowence and babysitting money down the toliet if I want to have a bunch of Webkinz. They don't even have a shortage of Webkinz, they are just trying to get us obsessed. What is up with this??
If you feel that you are flushing your money down the toilet then you should probably stop buying them because they are not worth it to you.

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
I don't think they are overpriced, either. At least, not yet, anyway. Where can you buy a computer game for around 15.00?? No where that I know.

I think the trading cards are a little overpriced, but that's life....And that's one of the biggest things I love about the WEBKINZ game in general: It is constantly teaching children about real life---financing, making choices, etc.
I agree. This really is a great tool to teach kids about the value of earning something. First they have to earn the money to buy the Webkinz.. then they have to earn the money to get their pets all the little extras they want.

I was lucky.. I got the trading cards for $2.99 a pack.. I don't think that's too bad. Hope when they get more that she keeps the price the same,
Old 07-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
shoppingroxs
Gifted

shoppingroxs will become famous soon enough

i dissagree with you. Webkinz teaches children things like for example this is on webkinz.com
  • Booger Gets an A promotes addition skills
  • Lunch Letters helps children to learn how to type and spell
  • Quizzy’s Word Challenge aids in spelling
  • Operation Gumball encourages children to think logically
look at the choices plus quizzys i mean the only place that has them over priced is limited too
Old 07-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
Gifted

webkinzluva2104 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think they r a little over priced but i love them!!!!!!!!!!

Webkinzluva2104
Hadlian on W
26 and i pre-ordered the german shep. collie yellow lab and the seal and yes the seal is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
Gift Guru

reeses13 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Katz
If you feel that you are flushing your money down the toilet then you should probably stop buying them because they are not worth it to you.

I agree. This really is a great tool to teach kids about the value of earning something. First they have to earn the money to buy the Webkinz.. then they have to earn the money to get their pets all the little extras they want.

I was lucky.. I got the trading cards for $2.99 a pack.. I don't think that's too bad. Hope when they get more that she keeps the price the same,
Not very many children actually 'earn' the money for their webkinz. I know a little girl who everytime she sees a webkinz she likes, she gets it. And I know many other people who are the same way. They are technically not earning the money for the pet. i think that if you buy webkinz in large quantities you should get a special discount - or like a webkinz card where the amount you spend on webkinz adds up then when it adds up to like a hundred dollars you get a free webkin and every webkin after that is like 25% off. that would encourage people to buy webkinz but still not spend too much money. it is outrageous how much money people spend on webkinz. I have 14 pets so i must have spent $140 on webkinz, most of that being my money.
I agree that they are a bit more than i would like to pay.
however ganz obviously hires a lot of people to work on the site, think of the pets, make the pets, exclusive items, games, daily activities, arte's, etc. it takes a lot of work so they have to pay a lot of people so we have to pay a lot so they can make a profit otherwise it will go out of business.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
girliegirl66
Gifted

girliegirl66 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree they are alot of money... but i love them to death!!!! i wish they would lower the price but if you think about how high everything else is i really dont think they will lower the price,i mean they really cant, the stuff they need to make them costs money to.... you wouldnt want them to go indebt would you??then they would have to close the whole site. that would stink!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed