Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

cooper is a glorious beacon of lightcooper is a glorious beacon of lightcooper is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: No more Webkinz?

They are harder and harder to find I agree.
It makes me sad.
Hallmark by me stopped selling them.
My Toys R Us only had oner (literally one) Webkinz, an older one. Not even a spot for them.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #22
deedee6
Gifted

lego is stuck on replay
lego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replay

Webkinz is losing popularity and stores are making room for the next big thing. However you can still find them online.
lego is offline Female
Old 07-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #23
ebkinz. EX-cellent!

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

I don't know if Webkinz is going down the drain or if Ganz is just trying to cut out the physical webkinz or not, but they're sure doing a good job of it.

I don't know how often Ganz actually goes thru it to check on the info but I've gone to the store locator at the Ganz website and called nearly every entry in my area looking for something in particular and got some words from the sales clerks that answered the phones. About 90% of the ones I called (and again I called nearly every one in my area) said they either stopped selling or are on the verge of stopping selling them. Reasons came to one of two answers I got.

1) They weren't selling well enough to make it worthwhile anymore.

2) People still coming in asking for them but shipments too extremely sporadic - going from getting "regular" shipments for a month or two to suddenly not getting any for months at a stretch. Getting tired of the irregularity of the Webkinz shipments and not being able to tell customers anything.

3) They're being sent shipments of webkinz either old(er) or not new enough that anyone wanted them. (I guess on this one people were going looking and then going to the sales counter asking for the newest releases.)

I do hope they get someone to clean up that store locater list. One place I called that was still on the retailers list said that they hadn't sold any Webkinz for 5-6 years.

What would REALLY help would be for Ganz to make sure, at the very least, that stores they themselves list as carriers/retailers on their site store locator actually got their products on a more regular schedule (or got them period).

Last edited by serendipitydoda; 07-22-2011 at 05:25 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #24

Pandalover4ever swims in greatness
Pandalover4ever swims in greatnessPandalover4ever swims in greatness

Ganz NEEDS to make a thing that kids will love! if WW stops, so will my life
Pandalover4ever is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #25
#BOOTOOYOU

LakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledgeLakeTrio3 flows towards the sea of knowledge

FYE stopped selling them, and it was like the best place to buy Kinz stuff. Now I can only get them at:
Target (bad selection)
Hallmark (it's okay, hardly gets new Kinz)
Toys R Us (has a few, but a few weeks ago, I FOUND A TWILIGHT DRAGON THERE. The world is saved.
LakeTrio3 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #26

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

That's surprising...
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #27
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«
Gifted

btad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonder

I don't have a FYE, but I know that these store still sell them (:

Justice
Target
Thrift Stores

And then there is always eBay XD
btad is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #28
kk 2teal2 hand2
Banned
poppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guide

I've never been to a FYE...but not selling Webkinz does surprise me. Seriously, they were a big thing, they're losing popularity. I haven't really been to any Hallmarks, just the one in the mall, but, they only have old ones and some cocoa dinos I have my eyes on. The closest Target has old Webbies, nothing too great. There's this one shop I know (run by this older woman..) that has tons of Webbies, including retired.
poppilove is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #29
eAreYoung
Gifted

DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!

What's FYE? xD
DIBS is offline Male
Old 07-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #30

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

I've found the stores around me go in cycles. Even our Justice for a time barely had any. I had actually figured that they stopped selling them all together. But the last several months they've had a decent selection. Hallmark, same thing. I think for my Hallmark they were frustrated at so many ADULTS stealing the tags. So now they carry them again, keep them in the front, and you have to get the tags at the register.

I agree that they need to do more to get them in the stores, and keep the stores happy. I know I'm probably in the minority but I really don't care much if I get a plush or not. They take up too much space. So I wouldn't be against being able to buy ALL webkinz at the estore. I wish they would do that, and still keep the plushes in stores. Would save me a lot of gas running around searching!
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
heart891011 was here, i got the first two tags