Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #51
Webkinz :)
dolphinluvs8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: my webkinz has fleas!!!! help!!!!!

You're doing great. Especially since you have so many supporters! LOL.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #52
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

Ahww heehee, I can imagine why you'd feel guilty to the plush toy...

Quote:
That is why we stick with virtual pets and not real ones. lol.
We have pets; birds, cats and dogs. But we use stuff to prevent flea's. And if they get flea's, we just vaccuum more. I never had them jumping on me! Nor did I ever have plush animals with flea's, and I have a LOT of plushies.

This was just a very unlucky incident...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #53
Lil Kinz
abby is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought of something else that helps with fleas in your home. Put mothballs in your vaccum bag and vacuum A LOT. It stinks, but it kills them and the eggs. It works!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #54
Owl City is love.♥
Gifted

sheashea123 will become famous soon enough

tell him that checkers is going on an artic adventure and write little postcards that look like they r from checkers and put them in a little plastick mail box in your sons room u could even drive up a plastic mail truck to it and have a stuffed mail man give it 2 him and when checkers is flea free have a welcome home party!
sheashea123 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #55
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc is the cats pajamas!mom2tc is the cats pajamas!mom2tc is the cats pajamas!mom2tc is the cats pajamas!mom2tc is the cats pajamas!mom2tc is the cats pajamas!

The tag reads spot clean. To kill fleas, put it in a zip lock baggie with baking soda or Mule Team Borax. I would probably take my chances washing it on delicate cycle in one of those mesh bags for lacy things.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 07-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #56
♫emmi05♫
Gifted

emmi05 is on a distinguished road

Wink Re: my webkinz has fleas!!!! help!!!!!

chill out buy a new one then say here is checkers! DONE!
there problum solved.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #57
Gifted

baggyrules941 is on a distinguished road

Hi put it in the freezer it will kill the fleas.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #58
alexism855
Banned
Lady_Gloomy is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by orionbug
i don't have his tag anymore. he is a lil grey and white cat. i was told because some are way different than others, that it was important to care for them by what they are. also does that get rid of fleas? i have never had flea problems before and know nothing about how to handle them!
I have a lil kinz gret and white cat, I can check...

All it say's is surface washable.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #59
Just ask! :)
Gift Guru

xokgirl95ox is a glorious beacon of lightxokgirl95ox is a glorious beacon of lightxokgirl95ox is a glorious beacon of light

Incase nobody else has said this: The tag on my Lil Grey and White Cat says Suface Washable... that is the actual tag with the Code...
The tag sewed on to the actual Lil Kinz says the same...

Good luck with all!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #60
orionbug
Gifted

orionbug is on a distinguished road

thanks all for the great advice.

but i was stupid, and stuck him in the deep freezer the other night for extra precautions. i thought he had air dried completely, and i guess he wasn't or you are not supposed to leave them in a freezer for long.

cause i got him out in the afternoon and his long hairs were coming off as i looked through him searching for fleas ( i wasn't being harsh with him, they were just coming off). ggggrrrr. i feel so bad! i'm not sure what caused this, cause i told his dad about what happened, and he said that he had sprayed checkers with a flea spray when i had him sitting outside so the spray wouldn't be in the house in the air (we used this spray on the ready made bed that couldn't be cleaned, and it said to test on a corner area first as a precaution) so i am not sure if it was the freezer, the washing machine, or the flea spray that made checkers go bald.

i just wanted to post this and let you guys know that you may want to test first when it comes to heavy duty chemical sprays (which i think was the culprit but i am not one hundred percent certain so i can't lay all the blame on it) or a combination of the spray, and freezer......

i guess we just panicked a little over this situation cause checkers is a very much loved toy by my son and NEVER left his side so we wanted to make it all better for him. but in the end ruined him.

alot of you have said honesty is the best policy, and i feel so badly about telling him what happened to checkers i don't want to cause heartache over this. and for the one person who said buy another... well obviously you never had that one special animal that you couldn't let go even though they were mangled, dirty, and missing parts and you were begged to leave it at home or in the car when you went out but just wouldn't..... there is a love for that toy, that just can't be replaced. but i am going to have to, since checkers meant to much to him and it was my fault this happened.

just be careful when cleaning these guys.

and i am so glad about all of you that cared and suggested really smart and great ideas on how to clean him i wish we had listened better.
Closed