Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
Evan101singingstar

Default Re: my webkinz has fleas!!!! help!!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by orionbug
wow the freezer idea is awesome!!!! i would have never thought of that! now.... how do i tell him checkers is gone for awhile? i wonder if he will beleive me when i say checkers went to work in the gem mines or to go bag groceries for awhile to earn some money...........lol
how old is he. it could work
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #22
Gift Guru

ShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh, what a predicament! As for Checkers himself, I think the freezer idea sounds like a good one. I mean, a wash could help, but I know with real animals that a plain bath doesn't do anything to fleas unless there's flea shampoo, and I would be weary of using that on a stuffed animal. I would also call a vet in the area and get their opinion; they have tons of experience with stuff like this and I'm sure they can tell you what to do, and what precautions to take to make sure the fleas don't infest your house! Good luck, and I hope Checkers if flea-free and your son doesn't sleepover at that house again! x]

And I agree with roselake. Tell him that Checkers has fleas, and that the doctor/vet told you what they need to do to get rid of them. He'll be happy you were honest with him, and you can even let him help so he can feel proud that he helped nurse his buddy back to health! Good luck!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #23
Webkinz :)
DianaBaby642 is an unknown quantity at this point

go to your secret code tag and it might say what you do to wach webkinz let me see it say Surface Washable that is what it says good luck

Diana
Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #24
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

the freezer should work also get a flea collar and put it in your vacuum bag and vacuum your son's room and everything he had at this friend's house. Wash his stuff in warm water too. Fleas are so hard to get rid of. If you just vacuum them they will escape the vacuum so you have to put a flea collar in the bag to kill them. What a mess.
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

If it is washable... add some Dawn dishwashing soap. For whatever reason it kills fleas fast. I know a local groomer that uses it on dogs that are infested.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #26
Edward Cullen is
Gifted

WebkinzLover8 has a spectacular aura about

The freezer idea should work. My friend is allergick to dust mites and her docter said putting her stuffed animals in the freezer will work so im 100% shure it´ll work on fleas
-
Also tell him the truth.

Last edited by WebkinzLover8; 07-23-2007 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WebkinzLover8 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #27
If you want it ask
Gifted

heymay has a spectacular aura about

Tell him his webkinz went to webkinz world to play
heymay is offline Female
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #28
ask for it
Banned
*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by mgw626
wow i did not know that! great idea. Do they vaccuum off? just curious lol
i think if you tried to vacuum up the whoel pet
Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #29
orionbug
Gifted

orionbug is on a distinguished road

I am so glad that there are so many wonderful people out there that care for someone else's webkinz as much as their own!!!!!!

i have tried some suggestions. and this morning when i took the baggie out of the deep freezer (which are colder than regular fridge freezers) they were still moving so i dumped them all in the washer on gentle cycle, and am waiting for it to finish. we have spent the morning (and $50.00+ in products) cleaning off his inflatable sleeping bag (it's a ready made bed so it just can't go in the wash) which the little ******s were hiding in the seams. and i know it sounds corny, but he took his special terry cloth character towel for their pool, and they were burrowed in it as well!!!!!

we have powdered the floors and vacuumed like three times already (i have a baby who crawls so i can't afford not to make sure it's safe for her!), and treated the MANY bites on his legs, (there were more than i realized when i looked at him last night at 3 in the morning) and of course i called and had a lengthy and highly tempered talk with his friends parents about the problem this caused us. all they said was sorry. grrrr!

as for checker's absence, orion is only 5 and hasn't parted with checkers since he got him for his birthday over 6 months ago, and he was very upset to not have him, so i just asked him what he would think of checkers going to work at the kinz post as a sorter for awhile, and he said no he would use his allowance to take care of checkers if he needed anything. (i melted!)

then i asked what would he think about checkers going to see the doctor, and if he was sick then he would have to get better before he came back...and he said that he would make him some chicken noodle soup to make him better instead (i was gushing into a puddle at his cute remarks and love for his pet)

then i suggested that he was out looking for a new friend to bring home and play with forever and ever. and it worked. orion doesn't know this but i have a polar bear for him that he was loving on at the store, and when he asked for it, i didn't have the money for it at that time, but went back later and got it. i told him if he could come up with a special name for it and he called it out then the bear would answer him and show up. lol.

the truth would have devastated him, i see that now after hearing his answers to my suggestions as to what checkers was doing. so a little white lie wont hurt him. he's only 5 and i am afraid that he would take his anger out on the friend and ruin that friendship in defending checkers getting fleas from the sleepover. so the white lie over powers the truth in many good ways, and orion will get a new webkinz friend out of it sooner than he may have.

i will let you all know if this works for the fleas just encase this happens to someone else. the little things were burrowed into the fabric where it's got the long hairs, so they couldn't just be picked off. and it complicated things more. i hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. keep your fingers crossed!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #30
Webkinz :)
dolphinluvs8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my goodness! That's horrible! I would've cried really. Just keep updating. I wanna know if Checkers is alright
Closed