Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
ST
Gifted
spotted turtle knows the way
spotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the way

Arrow Limiting members, your thoughts

I think that making accounts limited is not right. I pay more money on webkinz than a deluxe membership price. I don't think it is a good way to make money either. Sure people might start to buy it but they will start to lose members who spend over $200 on webkinz a year like me. I know this has happened a long time ago but I thought I would just post this too see if anyone else feels the same way. I expect there to be deluxe only stuff, but all of those games and retireing themes for deluxe, and making new clothing deluxe only made me stop going on webkinz frequently. Sure deluxe deserves their own stuff but to me it makes me feel limited like free accounts used to be. Now the free accounts got even more limited, they can't buy stuff from shops or pretty much do anything.

My question for you is how do you feel about this?
spotted turtle is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Gifted

superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven
superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven

Default Re: Limiting members, your thoughts

Deluxe deserves it in my opinion. These same arguments occurred when all these new products were introduced to Webkinz, body spritz, trading cards, clothes, charms, figures, etc. Everyone complained that they adopt so many Webkinz and that they should have these same benefits. Well the fact of the matter is, is that you get what you pay for. A Webkinz plush simply unlocks Webkinz World, everything else is unlocked through certain means and there is absolute no secrecy involved.
superpenguin is offline Male
Old 03-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
ST
Gifted
spotted turtle knows the way
spotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by superpenguin
Deluxe deserves it in my opinion. These same arguments occurred when all these new products were introduced to Webkinz, body spritz, trading cards, clothes, charms, figures, etc. Everyone complained that they adopt so many Webkinz and that they should have these same benefits. Well the fact of the matter is, is that you get what you pay for. A Webkinz plush simply unlocks Webkinz World, everything else is unlocked through certain means and there is absolute no secrecy involved.
I know they deserve it but they are limiting the members inorder to give more to the deluxe. I don't understand why they couldn't have just made more stuff for deluxe and kept the members with those games and with a little more clothing.
spotted turtle is offline Male
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
Gifted

superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven
superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven

View Post Originally Posted by spotted turtle
I know they deserve it but they are limiting the members inorder to give more to the deluxe. I don't understand why they couldn't have just made more stuff for deluxe and kept the members with those games and with a little more clothing.
This is my reasoning:

Ganz sees members say all the time "Oh I don't care if they make new things for Deluxe, but it affects me when they turn existing things Deluxe". So they know the only way to really attract existing members to turning Deluxe, is by making these changes.
superpenguin is offline Male
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

If it bothers you so much, why not buy deluxe? You are already spending quite a bit on Webkinz every year anyway. You do get what you pay for. If you want more then basic membership, you have to pay for the deluxe membership.

What about the people who don't spend $200 a year on webkinz? How about all the people who only spend $5 on a little kinz they find at a store, should they really get full access to a game for a whole year? How is that fair to me, when I've spent a lot of money a year and wouldn't get more? That's the problem, a lot of people ARE doing that, and no game can stay afloat with people spending so little.

Having everyone pay a membership fee, like all other games, is actually more fair. Everyone pays the same amount, and if you decide to spend more in pets, that's extra and up to you. This helps Webkinz stay open, where if they continued to let people only pay $5-15 a year they sure won't.

Besides people complain just as much when Deluxe get new things. They say they won't, that it's fair when Deluxe gets new items. But when those new items come out all the complaints come out too. They can't make everyone happy all of the time. But they are a business and have to make money, so naturally they are going to cater to those who actually want to spend it with them.
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
ebkinz Classic

SoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledgeSoniaIsabel flows towards the sea of knowledge

I recently rejoined webkinz after being away for awhile. I was reminded of how much fun it is to be on the site. I was also surprised to see all the limitations for regular members that I did not remember being there before (such as access to clubhouse rooms and even certain games). Although it was with much hesitation, I upgraded to a deluxe membership. All the things that were available to deluxe members seemed very appealing and I felt like I was missing out without the exclusive membership. But I guess that is the point.
SoniaIsabel is offline Female
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Will be back soon!
Gifted

usaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicness
usaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicnessusaelite is epic beyond epicness

I believe Deluxe members are entitled to their own special perks in ww because that is what they payed for. I do not, however, believe that it's right to take existing things away from the Regular members and retire them to Deluxe. In my opinion, it's not fair that Regular members can have access to something (Such as certain Arcade games or the Vacation Island) one day and the next not be able to access those things because Ganz has taken them and given them to Deluxe members. However, they are a business who needs to survive, and in order to survive they have to make money. Webkinz is not as popular as it once was, and maybe Ganz is not making enough money to make the changes they need to in ww. Turning things Deluxe and doing things such as taking old Deluxe games and putting them at the top of the arcade is a way to get peoples attention and make then want to be Deluxe. This is just another way they are trying to make money. They are convincing people to be a Deluxe member and by in doing this, they are making the money they need.
As for free accounts or expired accounts turning into free accounts, I don't think people should be complaining about this. It used to be that if your account expired, you could not even log in to ww without buying another pet. In addition to that, this is just another way they are convincing their members to want to upgrade their accounts and therefore bringing in money for Ganz as a business to prosper and be able to survive. Regardless of whether or not they want to make all members happy, there is just no possible way for them to do that and be able to survive as a company all at the same time.
I understand that this may seem unfair to many, but Ganz has to be able to make their money otherwise Webkinz will not survive as a company. If this really bothers you too much, I would just suggest becoming a member. Then you won't have to worry about it.
usaelite is offline Female
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #8

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

great responses on an a well-beaten issue. I say, if you want what deluxe has, buy a few less pets & get deluxe. If you are firm on no-deluxe, then live within the rules for non-deluxe. I have been playing along time. I do not always agree with Ganz choices, no more than I agree with a grocery store requiring you to register to get their card so you can get discounts instead of just giving everyone the discount! But, I have a choice. If I like the store, I register so I still get the perks. If I dont care if I shop there, I dont go there anymore.
Again, deluxe members didnt make the choices. Deluxe members sure did not say "hey, when you retire something like you ALWAYS have, give it to us as a perk" I mean really...WW has always retired stuff, the difference now is that instead of a complete retirement, it is a partial retirement ... and that drives people crazy! From my standpoint, as so many others have stated, deluxe members should be given new special privileges, new items, new games etc. But that causes a whole barrage of negative comments. I really wish that Ganz would have a deluxe store, deluxe arcade, etc but then people would be mad about that. Never mind that people dont have a problem with buying zums to get into zumwhere, or klips to get into the other section or figures to unlock the others or hamsters for mazin hamsters or special pets for adventure park!!! But buy deluxe ... oh, horror!! Has anyone noticed how they have a pet now with deluxe membership? So now instead of 45 a year, you are essentially paying 30 plus a pet. so for the cost of 4-$15 dollar pets you get 1 pet & deluxe membership with its perks (which are still not that much, but hopefully increasing)
Sorry this may a bit scattered in thought
adrib is offline Female
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
acky

WackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talentWackyWebber98 has lots of talent

Well, I can see where non-Deluxe members think its unfair that Ganz is now taking away some of the things that everyone used to be able to do. I can understand 'regular' members being upset about this issue. On the other hand, I think Ganz is trying to make Deluxe more appealing to the average member by doing so. A lot of members are becoming Deluxe so they can enjoy these things and much more. I've been a Deluxe member for a long time and plan on staying one because, as was stated several times before, you get what you pay for. Deluxe has a lot of great advantages. This is becoming a recurring argument, 'To Be or Not To Be: Deluxe'. Ganz is more than likely hard-up for business and they're trying to generate more sales in this department. If you are paying that much for Webkinz, you could always cut a few Webbies out a year so you could get Deluxe if you wanted to. Just a suggestion. I spend a lot of money of Webkinz each year too, which is why I spend money on Deluxe too. I want to have the best experience possible and want all of the benefits I can get. This is my opinion on the subject.
WackyWebber98 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
support the blue

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Personally, I feel like none of it is worth any amount of money anymore. They have proven that they really don't care about customers, quality of their products, communicating with loyal customers, maintenance of their website, or honesty about what you pay for. I've never seen a company run so poorly.
I quit last December because of these decisions they've made. I felt like it was the right thing to do, in order to save myself the frustration, the cash, and to send them a message that their decisions are unacceptable.
Deluxe or not deluxe.. it doesn't matter. I've had both kinds of accounts. Neither is worth it, in my opinion.
I'm much happier to not have to deal with them anymore.
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
not worth it, spott