Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Arrow KooKeys, BABV, Shining Stars, Webkinz, Beanie Babies 2.0, etc...

Does anyone but me see this specific pattern?? I know yes, that Shining Stars WAS created before webkinz but... why are all of these companies fighting for that no. 1 online pet site?

I think I have the answer...

I believe that companies compete to see who can make the most $$$. The better animals the better sites, the easier for all of us to buy a specific pet! Sometimes I think, this really DIDN'T have to be online to be popular. Like do you think people go to BABW just for the codes now? I think that if you love that pet you shouldn't need the whole online thing.

Then again, the online thing gives you something more to do. Rather than sitting on your floor setting up your webkinz and making them a crown of wonder and what not, it's easier to click once a day for a gem. That's another reason I guess.

I'm sorta wondering;;
Why do you think everyone is creating online pets now-a-days?

I mean, I so far am OBSESSED with WW and BABV.

How about you? What online pet sites do you go to? Please post your thoughts and the sites you go to!

Build A Bear Ville : CarlyBubbles81
Webkinz: BackFlip15
tygirlz: cuzinsarecool

Thanks!
peace.love.flip.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

webkinzloverpal219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: KooKeys, BABV, Shining Stars, Webkinz, Beanie Babies 2.0, etc...

I do Webkinz,Shining Stars, and Beanie Babies 2.0. But my Beanie Babies isnt online I just wanted the plush, and my shining stars I got fer easter and go on sometimes, Webkinz, Im totally obsessed!! xD
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
xKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the roughxKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the rough

the only site i use is webkinz.
i wouldn't go to babw for codes. i have 2 animals from there, from before they were also virtuals. they used to just be for the cuddle factor.
xKittyKinz13x is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #4

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

i am in LOVE with babw - i have a polar bear named Jake.
I am also a webkinz addict!!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledgeCrystalFlute flows towards the sea of knowledge

All the stuffed animal companies are competing just because they want to make more money and be a thriving business. I think that generally after a certain age, most kids have more stuffed animals than they ever need, and stop buying. They instead move to interactive games and toys that'll keep them more occupied. (computer, video games, etc.) The online gaming experience adds another incentive to buying a stuffed animal. So instead of buying just another stuffed animal, they get the internet website to play on with more games, and there's more incentive that expands a stuffed animal's market to an older audience. Plus, with the purchase of more there's more benefits to the online site. Once a couple stuffed animal companies started this, I think that the other major companies like beanie babies, are trying to keep up. Because now, if a kid wants a stuffed animal, they no longer want just the stuffed animal, but the online site as well, so the other companies have to make theirs virtual just to keep up, or else risk going bankrupt because they can't compete.

Personally, I only buy the stuffed animals I really want. I think Webkinz are really cute. I bought a beanie baby 2.0 because I liked the plush, not because of the site. I made an account anyway... but I wasn't really impressed by it. I have never bought a buildabear. I don't think they are as cute as webkinz. I made a site on buildabearville because I want to see what it's like, but I don't think I'm going to buy a stuffed animal because I just don't want one.

So, my main site is WW, but I also have an account on beanie baby 2.0 and buildabear
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

I have a WW account and I have BABV. I have club penguin but that's not online pets. and My tygirlz, thats a doll site. Anyways I prefer WW the best.
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
bonniesbabies
Gifted

bonniesbabies is just really nicebonniesbabies is just really nice

I only have WW, but my daughter has many. She has WW, BABV, Shining Stars, TY, & Barbie Girls. And she wants a LPS one for Christmas.

Out of all of those sites though, the only ones she visits daily are her 3 faves.....WW, BABV, & BarbieGirls.
bonniesbabies is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
i'm extra specially
Gifted

mom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to behold

i think companies are beginnign to uinderstand the virtual era we live in, plush are great but people are alwasy wanting more from things, so you can get a plush and computer games all lin one purchase. plus realistically boys are not big plush toy purchasers but they can reach taht market by having cool games therefore making these plushies cool.
i recieved a shining star as a gift but also bought one for my kids, mostly becasue i wanted to name a real star, i just thought that was so cool.
although the site is not quite as advanced or multifaceted as webkinz.
mom2ba is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
kokopiggy22

kokopiggy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have WW (my favorite)
i have babv (not a plush or code)
i have Lps (the plushes are soo cute)
my friend has shining stars (I think they are stupid)
kokopiggy2 is offline Male
Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
loves the pegasi!

Pegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonderPegasusluvr wows us all with wonder

I personally don't like anything other than WebKinz- I especially don't like ClubPenguin!
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Closed