Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default kitten vs. caramel lion: an epic battle

Last night, as usual, my cat (Flanigan) was sleeping on my bed when I went in to get ready for bed. I also had my Caramel Lion in tow, since I'd just tripped over him on the floor outside my doorway. It was dark, and I couldn't see my Webkinz basket, so I just dropped the lion on the bed near the cat, figuring I'd put him away when I finished brushing my teeth.

So I come out of the bathroom, and what do I find? Flanigan is awake! ...and what's this? He's scowling angrily at Caramel! Luckily, my camera was on my nightstand, and I was able to capture the action for your viewing pleasure... and mostly my own amusement.

Click the image to open in full size.
The stare down lasts for several minutes, and then Flanny arches his back - his tail poofing up and the fur on his head and back standing on end. He pounces forward, only to be frightened by the lion's stillness. He backs up, arching his back once more, and hisses at Caramel.

Caramel is playing it like a pro! He's standing perfectly still, giving no indication that he's alive. Unfortunately, Flanny isn't fooled! His cat instincts tell him that Caramel is just waiting for him to let his guard down. Not about to be made to look like a fool, Flanny goes on the offensive...

Flanigan pounces on Caramel, spinning him right around! He pushes his head down into the blanket, knowing that it would be harder for Caramel to fight back if he couldn't lift his head.

Flanny wraps his front paws around Caramel's neck, biting his mane so he can't break loose. At the same time, he's kicking with his back paws. Poor Caramel doesn't stand a chance!

But what's this? Out of nowhere, showing his first signs of life, Caramel musters up some energy and thrusts his head against Flanigan's chest, knocking the wind right out of him!! Where did that come from?

And just like that, Caramel's taking over! He flips Flanny onto his side, where he's rendered defenseless. Flanigan throws his paws up in vain, and tries to nip at Caramel's mane.

Flanigan's paws are flailing, and so are Caramel's. They're all over the place! It's hard to tell now who will be the victor. Caramel is thrown to his back, but Flanigan still hasn't gotten up...

It looks like Flanigan's back on top, with a look of utter disgust on his face. The tired Caramel appears to be struggling as Flanigan once again pushes his down face against the blanket.

Flanigan stands victorious, watching over the defeated Caramel. (Flanny certainly doesn't look too happy though... maybe he doesn't realize he won. LOL)

Note: He doesn't usually look so angry.

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-06-2008 at 01:32 AM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: kitten vs. caramel lion: an epic battle

Omg! My favorite is when your Caramel Lion knocked the wind right out of your cat lol! Your cat's face was priceless!
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Gift Guru

Jazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud of

Wonderful story and pictures!!! Isn't it funny how cats only go after certain webbies or at least mine do if given a chance.
Jazicat is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz101
Omg! My favorite is when your Caramel Lion knocked the wind right out of your cat lol! Your cat's face was priceless!
Thank you!

That one is my favorite too! If not for that one and the hissing picture, I don't think I would have posted them.

---------- Bonsai added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Jazicat
Wonderful story and pictures!!! Isn't it funny how cats only go after certain webbies or at least mine do if given a chance.
Thanks!

And yep... mine too! LOL. He had a very similar reaction to the Bengal Tiger. Something about the way they stand on their 4 legs, maybe? Not sure why, but he gets scared/threatened by the wild cats. (Didn't bother with the Alley Cat though.) This time was just so funny though... I guess he really got startled when he woke up and saw a lion. LOL.

He looooves the horses too. All the horses. And the Toucan. But he leaves most of the others alone. They can be sitting right out on lthe sofa, and he won't touch them. There's even an American Cocker Spaniel in his little cat bed right now, and he doesn't bother with it.

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-06-2008 at 03:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Awww.... That is so cute,I used to have a cat. Once I had gotten a really big plush dog and my dad's friends dog went crazy,lol
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
jpsmilegirl
Gift Guru

Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!

that is a great story thanks for sharing and giving me a morning giggle
Flame Boy is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 04:54 AM   #7
mommamea13
Gift Guru

mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!mommamea13 is headed for the top!

I so needed to read this! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Don't you love it when we actually have our cameras around at the right moment, lol?

Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #8
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Really well done, loved the pictures and storyline. Great for a good laugh early in the morning!!
Justin is offline Male
Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #9
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

That is one fabulous commentary and excellent photos.
commodore is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #10
PookyBear2007
Gifted

PookyBear2007 has a spectacular aura about

How funny!!!! I dont have a cat but my friends old dog we would put it on his back and he would walk around with it on his back for a little while. it was kinda cute.
PookyBear2007 is offline Female
Closed