Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #11
Gift Guru

knubme will become famous soon enough

Default Re: I feel bad.. but should I?

sorry for that mom she should be focusing on greater problems Dont let what other people think or say stop you from something if it is not mean or harmful in any way!! This lady must have nothing better to do with her time. How did the friend respond to her mother! In a pleasent way she should have explaind her views AND I AM OVER 40 AND I STILL CARRY THING THAT MEAN ALOT TO ME What about people who hang things from there rear view mirror in their cars usually it has a meaning behind it You are by far from weird..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
Carlos

Like everyone else says, you are not weird for taking your Webkinz to the show. You may be weird (in a nice way) for other reasons, but not for that. My main philosophy is "Do no harm!", and taking a Webkinz out with you definitely keeps with this philosophy, while making someone feel weird - for any reason - does NOT!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
theDuckyWI
Gift Guru

the Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to all

Personally, I think the mom was out of line. She may have thought it strange that you had a Webkinz with you, but she had no reason to tell her son about it. But, these things will happen. I've found that the best way to deal with things when people make a big deal out of them is just not let it be a big deal. It is really hard at first, but if one of your friends starts giving you a hard time about carrying a stuffed animal, just respond with a "yeah, it was my xxxxx Webkinz". Leave it at that. One of the hardest things about growing up is to just let some things go. I'm 30 and I'm still working on it, but it makes life so much easier to deal with. I really hope that when my kids are your age they (like you) will bring their favorite thing with them to something important. I hope this helps some, and GO WEBKINZ!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 AM   #14
Hulamama
Gifted

Hulamama is on a distinguished road

You Go Girl! I'm sure that Mom hasn't a clue what webkinz are YET! But soon she will be addicted, also! LOL...! Confidence is half the battle - just own your attitude!! LOL!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
bostielove
Gifted

Mutt is a jewel in the roughMutt is a jewel in the rough

I'm a 'tween' and I would barely have been able to leave the house with out my lil webbie! lol It may have been akward, but If you had fun, who cares?
Mutt is offline Female
Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 AM   #16
bbrules9
Webkinz :)

jennythekitty10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't feel bad. I'm almost a teenager and i take my Webkinz with me. Some people stare at me. I just ignore them and move on with my life. It shouldn't matter what you carry or wear it hsould only matter if your kind to peopleor not.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #17
Gift Guru
connie1234 is a name known to allconnie1234 is a name known to allconnie1234 is a name known to all

i am a mom and when i go to disney land i wear my mickey mouse ears proudly and when i go shopping for webkinz i say they are all for me and i really love them i try to teach my daughter that it is not what other people think it is waht you think and do not worry about what other people think you are what counts and feel free to do as you please
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #18
Pupspawz

Its perfectly fine I bring webkinz tons of places

Tip dont put ur webkinz near a coke bottle!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #19
Ask [=
Banned
ea11 will become famous soon enough

Aw shame on that lady, she should be the one feeling bad!
How were the Lippizaners? I went to see them one year, they were great! I love horses! CAN'T WAIT for the Pinto Horse to come out in August! Well, atleast it's rumored that it's coming out...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #20
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

I still carry my webbies! And everyone looks at me! I took one to my mom's graduation reception and everyone was stairing!
katiepup is offline Female
Closed