Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default It has been 4-5 years

Hey, I haven't been on webkinz in 4-5 years I recently just logged on and everything has changed. I want to get back to what I've been missing to see if webkinz is still a game I would enjoy. I had tons of fun in the years I was active. Can anyone please fill me on the major things that have changed? I'd appreciate it a bunch!
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #2

6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide

Default Re: It has been 4-5 years

I think the biggest thing would be playing deluxe vs not deluxe. There seems to be not a lot of capabilities unless you are deluxe. There is actually 3 different acct types -totally free they give you a pet, then add your own pet which is good for one yr of extra benefits, and then deluxe. Here a link that can help Free, Full, Deluxe – What’s the Difference? | WKN: Webkinz Newz
https://www.ganzestore.com/estore/me...roductsSize=15
I am personally deluxe and can't imagine playing any other way. They often have a 99 cent for 1 month of deluxe special so you can try it out. Welcome back and have fun!
6Jedis is offline Female
Old 04-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Welcome Back to WW & WI!

Oh, there's MAJOR things that have changed such as the launch of Webkinz X back in July of 2015 (I believe). There's still hundreds of glitches & thousands of items are still not fixed yet which is driving many people absolutely mad/insane, which is a valid reason. Ganz is slowly (but surely) fixing these items & any other glitches, although it seems they have more glitches with everyone glitch they fix (as usual now). Almost everything is Deluxe now, which su.cks but you're still able to play without Deluxe just have to adopt a new pet like once a year or so. Accounts turn into "free" ones after your Deluxe expires or it's passed time to adopt a new pet, you're so limited that it's insane & basically forces you to join Deluxe or buy a new pet, but it's an okay alternative. Not sure if you were around still when they did this, but Ganz stopped accounts from expiring like stopped deleting the inactive ones which make people still able to get onto their account even after years of no activity. You now have family score points which you get whenever you feed your pet, put them to bed/wake them up, fulfill their requests, give them exercise, & basically things along those lines. I'm sure you could read around on WI or Google to see what other major changes have gone on bc it's been quite a few. WI has definitely become a ghost town since you've left as I'm sure you can tell. I'm sure we were friends way back when too, so I'm glad to see that you're back! , although not as active as it was when you left it's still bustling with activity from the members that are still currently active, myself included.

One thing you may notice is that we all basically have Webkinz default avatars, & that's because it's a glitch that's been in effect since August of 2015 that's preventing everyone from using personal avatars, signatures, search function doesn't work, & you can't upload pictures to your albums. Everyone is aware of this, including mods & admins, but since this site was so poorly taken care of it can't get the updates that it desperately needs & that's like 2-3 updates that they don't have the manpower nor money to do. It's frustrating beyond anything bc we're all still mad about it but there's nothing anyone can do unfortuneately.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
CosmicThunder

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by luvzfrogs
Welcome Back to WW & WI!

Oh, there's MAJOR things that have changed such as the launch of Webkinz X back in July of 2015 (I believe). There's still hundreds of glitches & thousands of items are still not fixed yet which is driving many people absolutely mad/insane, which is a valid reason. Ganz is slowly (but surely) fixing these items & any other glitches, although it seems they have more glitches with everyone glitch they fix (as usual now). Almost everything is Deluxe now, which su.cks but you're still able to play without Deluxe just have to adopt a new pet like once a year or so. Accounts turn into "free" ones after your Deluxe expires or it's passed time to adopt a new pet, you're so limited that it's insane & basically forces you to join Deluxe or buy a new pet, but it's an okay alternative. Not sure if you were around still when they did this, but Ganz stopped accounts from expiring like stopped deleting the inactive ones which make people still able to get onto their account even after years of no activity. You now have family score points which you get whenever you feed your pet, put them to bed/wake them up, fulfill their requests, give them exercise, & basically things along those lines. I'm sure you could read around on WI or Google to see what other major changes have gone on bc it's been quite a few. WI has definitely become a ghost town since you've left as I'm sure you can tell. I'm sure we were friends way back when too, so I'm glad to see that you're back! , although not as active as it was when you left it's still bustling with activity from the members that are still currently active, myself included.

One thing you may notice is that we all basically have Webkinz default avatars, & that's because it's a glitch that's been in effect since August of 2015 that's preventing everyone from using personal avatars, signatures, search function doesn't work, & you can't upload pictures to your albums. Everyone is aware of this, including mods & admins, but since this site was so poorly taken care of it can't get the updates that it desperately needs & that's like 2-3 updates that they don't have the manpower nor money to do. It's frustrating beyond anything bc we're all still mad about it but there's nothing anyone can do unfortuneately.

Thank you for letting me know the major changes! Yes, I am quite sure we were friends. I logged onto WI and I thought the website was no longer active omg. I still hope there are tons of people on here that still play webkinz. I am quite disappointed with the club house though. There is only the trading room in the kinz chat plus. I wish they kept some others.

View Post Originally Posted by 6Jedis
I think the biggest thing would be playing deluxe vs not deluxe. There seems to be not a lot of capabilities unless you are deluxe. There is actually 3 different acct types -totally free they give you a pet, then add your own pet which is good for one yr of extra benefits, and then deluxe. Here a link that can help Free, Full, Deluxe – What’s the Difference? | WKN: Webkinz Newz
https://www.ganzestore.com/estore/me...roductsSize=15
I am personally deluxe and can't imagine playing any other way. They often have a 99 cent for 1 month of deluxe special so you can try it out. Welcome back and have fun!
Thank you! I'll have to consider deluxe if I decide to stay!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #5

436194 is a forum hero
436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero436194 is a forum hero

Mail is really different, and you can add Webkinz Characters as friends. I have Amanda Panda, Arte Fact, Cowabelle, Dr. Quack, Fred Rover, Mr. Moo, Ms. Birdy, Ms. Cowoline, PJ Collie, Sheldon Turtle, Sophie Stockwell, and Tabby Von Meow as friends on my list. Something I have noticed lately is that when I try to send a package to someone, it is impossible to send to someone who does not have an active account. When you try and send a package you get a list of active and non-active friends. Therefore you can tell which of your friends are Deluxe and Non-Deluxe, or no longer playing. This is helpful to update your friend list. A updated friend list is important when trying to get friend responses for challenges, use Building Kits,or other areas where you need friends to send items. So many of the friends on my friend list are no longer active. It is nice to know who is still playing...Welcome back. Let us know if you need any help. Add me as a friend because I am on daily. 436194.

View Post Originally Posted by 6Jedis
I think the biggest thing would be playing deluxe vs not deluxe. .... They often have a 99 cent for 1 month of deluxe special so you can try it out. Welcome back and have fun!
I had one of my accounts just go inactive and I just used the 99 cent Deluxe option to extend the life of the account for a month. This is cheaper than adding a pet to get the account working again, you also get to see how Deluxe vs. Non-Deluxe works. You just have to remember to stop automatic renewal if you don't want to continue.

Last edited by 436194; 04-10-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

Welcome back! So many changes, especially in the last two years! I think it would take a book to update you on all the changes. My advice is to plunge in and if something doesn't make sense to you to come here and ask us questions. I've been playing daily since 2007 and adjusted to changes as they came, so it is really hard for me to know what has happened since you stopped playing.

I manage eight accounts, some are deluxe, others non-deluxe and free accounts. You definitely cannot send mail to the free accounts, but it should work on the other accounts.

Even though there are some things I miss from the "good old days", I generally am pleased with many of the changes.

Last edited by Queen of Sheba; 04-11-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 04-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #7

6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide6Jedis is a golden guide

<<<Something I have noticed lately is that when I try to send a package to someone, it is impossible to send to someone who does not have an active account. When you try and send a package you get a list of active and non-active friends. Therefore you can tell which of your friends are Deluxe and Non-Deluxe, or no longer playing. This is helpful to update your friend list. A updated friend list is important when trying to get friend responses for challenges, use Building Kits,or other areas where you need friends to send items.>>>

What a great tip, I didn't know that and will be so helpful!
6Jedis is offline Female
Old 04-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
CosmicThunder

View Post Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba
Welcome back! So many changes, especially in the last two years! I think it would take a book to update you on all the changes. My advice is to plunge in and if something doesn't make sense to you to come here and ask us questions. I've been playing daily since 2007 and adjusted to changes as they came, so it is really hard for me to know what has happened since you stopped playing.

I manage eight accounts, some are deluxe, others non-deluxe and free accounts. You definitely cannot send mail to the free accounts, but it should work on the other accounts.

Even though there are some things I miss from the "good old days", I generally am pleased with many of the changes.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #9

Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!Pinky997 is the bees knees!

I swear I remember you from the clubhouse! I've always been a pink googles named Pinky.

I disagree with what someone else said about Deluxe.. there's plenty to do without it. All you need is a regular membership (from adopting a pet) and you'll be able to do just about anything
Pinky997 is offline Female
Closed