Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:12 AM   #61
molyfur
Webkinz :)

sevenwhiskers is a jewel in the roughsevenwhiskers is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

another mom here ....i started playing on my 10 year old stepdaughter's account, first to check out what the site was about and then because i just had fun myself; she told me to get off her account and get my own ....now i've got ten of the little rascals! LOL (she's got 20) ...i've got another munchkin, he's 8, but he's visually impaired and has some other special needs - i haven't gotten him his own account yet because he'd not be able to use most of the site -- he does sit and answer some of the quizzy questions that i read to him from the 5/6 category on both our accounts though.. when we're doing that and i hit one i know he won't understand, i just "re-write" the question to one i know he knows the answer to...his sister says that's cheating!

when i first started playing and the odd person would ask the "what grade are you in" question, i just replied with 'high school' because i thought i was one of the only mothers and i figured that was a better answer -- i've come to discover just how many other parents are playing and i think it's great! ....it's something that we can do with our kids, and it's a good way to be involved in our kids' online worlds -- many of the other 'kid friendly' sites out there don't seem to have many parents playing --- or not in the sense that they do on webkinz (i'm sure there's adults on that club penguin site, but i've never seen any say so, nor have i seen a forum full of them) .....

i do the same as a lot of you, helping her out getting items -- she lost a lot of her special pet stuff and her dragon bed in bad trades in the clubhouse before i finally told her NO MORE TRADING IN THERE! and i started trading stuff of my own in there to get her stuff back and earning money to buy her things since she kept buying rooms and went broke (her house has tonnes of rooms with very little in each, crazy kid)

someone mentioned this generation (20's & 30's) and i think you're onto something there -- we *are* indeed the generation who grew up with computer/console games -- and one of the first things i noticed was the similarity of a lot of webkinz games to the old games we played.

all in all, i'm glad to see a lot of other moms (and other older family members) taking an interest in what their kids are doing online and joining in.....it's fun to do together and it's a good way to know what's going on in your kids' lives.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #62
sylvenmaid
Gift Guru

sylvenmaid will become famous soon enough

That's me too Molyfur. I am a Gen-X'er and we also grew up with computers and video game consoles. It's funny b/c our generation just doesn't care about looking too old to play with toys or kid games as adults. LOL! We had one of the first Apple Computers and I remember when it was a green screen similar to black and white but green and white. Then we got a Commodore before the first PC came out. We had a PC too. Then we had Atari, Intellivision, Nintendo, and I got the first Playstation as a young adult. I remember playing lots of fun games on the PC as a kid and teenager. I made a killing selling a lot of those older games for my dad recently. Ah memories.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #63
molyfur

sevenwhiskers is a jewel in the roughsevenwhiskers is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by sylvenmaid
I made a killing selling a lot of those older games for my dad recently. Ah memories.
heh... that's because you sold them to other nuts like me who collect that sort of thing and have their other halves growling at them because there's no space in the closet anymore for, y'know, clothes.

(i collect old/er toys and some of the gaming stuff is amongst it)
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #64
Gifted
CJKJ is on a distinguished road

I too am a Mom who started when I got my daughter her first one. I was playing games on other websites, but I like that when I play games on Webkinz, it actually accomplishes something (winning a tournament or getting more KK) rather than *just* being a time filler.

I have actually learned a lot from Quizzy's, but I know that my daughter (who is 7) wouldn't be able to do the higher categories for several years. I wonder if Ganz is surprised by the number of adults who have their own accounts? I'm sure they didn't expect it. I love that the site is so kid-friendly though. I feel like I can let my kids on there and not have to worry about what they will run into.

I used to be a total hourly addict but I have really slowed down with that lately. I know I'll get it if I get it and if not, then next time. I finally found a chef's hat and chef's shirt at Arte's recently - it was something I was really looking for but didn't obsess over it.

There are a few things about the site I would like changed, but all in all, it is a great place and I'm glad we found it.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #65
jnyquist
Gifted
jnyquist is an unknown quantity at this point

Arrow Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

The reason I think that they want people to come every hour is that when someone sees that there is a sale going on that hour and they happen to go to the curio shop and thay see ther favorite item for 10,000 kinzcash but they only have 8,000 kinzcash. It is very possable that someone will: a) go buy a webkinz to make 2,000 kinzcash or b) go buy many decks of trading cards in hope to make two thousand kinzcash. So from a business standpoint even if few people do this a day, then they can make lots of money which, all in all it the most likely reason ganz made webkinz.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #66
I Rocks and so does
Gift Guru

Auntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Level 3 

I am so happy that I am not alone with this addiction. I started off helping my 5 yr old and my nieces. Webkinz has not really caught on where we live so I have gotten many of my sons friends addicted and their parents have no clue what ww is all about. As soon as 2 of my favorite shops replenish their stock of cards, I'll be glad to give out that info, I don't know what the rules are about passing on store's info, but there is one on the internet that has ordered 14,ooo webkinz and has most in stock and trading cards, the name is spots and dots in birmingham, al. and they charge normal pricing which is oh so kind. good luck and I hope someone sees my post and can get the webkinz they really want!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #67
Gift Guru

Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!Joybells202 is the cats pajamas!

this is all very interesting, lol I got to page 5 and wanted to read more so I will come back and read the rest. This does make me feel better that I am not alone. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #68
auntieschmee

auntieschmee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so happy I found this thread! I first heard about webkinz from one of the girls in my Girl Scouts troop. Then soon after, I read an article about it in the NYT. Intrigued, I went to a couple of stores around me but since this was around April 2007, there weren't any in the stores. I went on amazon and bought a unicorn and a lil' alley cat for my niece and gave her the unicorn for her 6th birthday.

I, too, got obsessed while "helping" her earn more money and do daily activities that she might have missed. It got to the point that my brother-in-law asked me to stop spoiling my niece's fun. :knuppel2: Doh! So I adopted the the lil' alley cat and we started playing together online. Our online interaction led her to start playing more in the tournament area and making new "friends". She seems to enjoy playing on webkinz much more now that she's actually interacting with other people. Now she wants to get webkinz for all her friends at school so they can play together.

Unfortunately, I think I'm more obsessed about webkinz than she is now! I recently adopted a cheeky monkey and elephant. My niece is mad because Auntie now has more webkinz than she does. I've bought a lot more webkinz (from local stores and off of ebay) that I'm waiting to give to her and myself. A question for the parents and aunts/uncles: How often do you get your child/niece/nephew a new webkinz? I was planning on giving her two per year (one for Christmas and one for her birthday). Is that too stingy?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #69
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

I don't think it's stingy to just do Christmas and her birthday, but you might want to be open to one more if either something wonderful happens, like a really great report card, or if something bad happens and she's in the blues.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #70
shrimpyduck
Gifted
shrimpyduck is an unknown quantity at this point

that is a good idea
Closed