Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #51
Gifted

KailygluvsWW is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

I'm not an adult, but i c your pooint. @ fun games you shouldnt feel guilty because it is fair. However, if it is a smart game, since ur older, you should go easy on them.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM   #52
dogwmn
Gift Guru

dogwmn is a jewel in the roughdogwmn is a jewel in the rough

Talking Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

Hi, I'm Cyndy and I'm an addict.
LOL
I'm a Mom and brand new to this web site. I got started by "helping" my 7 year old who was grounded take care of his pet. Then I had to go get one and one more, now I'm up to six.
It's a pleasure meeting all of you.
My WW user name is clsylvester if anyone wants to add me to their friend list.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #53
omniandra
Gift Guru

omniandra is on a distinguished road

Wow just skimming the posts was rather interesting hehe. Like many others I am an adult playing webkinz, my kids started and then I had to get my own, and now I have gotten my hubby addicted hehe.

I don't feel guilty about winning a game in the tournament area, mostly because I don't play there often enough to worry about actually taking the score from a child.

As for the hourly things I like them, I don't always make it for them. I have missed my share of coupons and such, but I like the hourly activities. So do my girls, however I am rather strict with my girls when it comes to their computer time. I would rather them be playing other games or just doing other things, so I restrict their time. They get on and play on the kinz or their horses, they have their off line games that they play as well.

As long as you realize this is just a game, and it isn't the end of the world if you miss the big button of kinz cash, or a W Shop coupon things are fine. I don't even look at the hourly activities if I know I am going to be busy for the evening as I will want to be home for it hehe, I am so much worse than my kids lol.

omni
Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #54
xgoodtimes1994x
Gift Guru

xgoodtimes1994x is a name known to allxgoodtimes1994x is a name known to allxgoodtimes1994x is a name known to all

I TOTALLY agree with you on the hourly thing. They should just have rare items that last the ENTIRE day!

WE SHOULD SUGGEST THAT TO WEBKINZ!!
xgoodtimes1994x is offline Female
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #55
sylvenmaid
Gift Guru

sylvenmaid will become famous soon enough

I don't feel too bad about playing games against kids b/c a lot of them are better than me. I mainly play with other adult friends I know. I do play more one player games than against others. The hourly things can be annoying esp early in the morning on weekends. I sleep in later so I usually miss the 9AM ones since I'm an hour behind. The other hourly ones aren't too bad since I'm a SAHM so I can do them for everyone.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #56
melventuri
Gift Guru

Melanie_V. has a spectacular aura about

This thread is so nice to see! I, like so many others, started playing to allegedly "help" my daughter win kc. She'd log in, play for a while, get tired and then ask me to take over. I knew I had a "problem" when I was sneaking into her account while she was at school!

I finally broke down and bought a bunny (under the guise of giving it to my 2y/o) so I could play guilt-free!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #57
Gift Guru

sgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond reputesgiles53 has a reputation beyond repute

I too am an adult. I got started because of my nephew. He is 5 years old, and he knew I was facing surgery that would put me on bedrest for 8 weeks. His solution was that I needed to have a webkinz so that he and I could still play games together, since I can't visit him for a while (We live 3 hours apart).

I have been surprised at how much time I have spent on the site. It really helps to pass the time while I am laid up, and it is fun to be able to play games with my nephew, or go to his house for a visit.

I have started having my kids buy them when they see them, so I can give them to my other nephews and nieces for birthdays, Christmas, etc

Thanks honey for all the good times and company. I highly recommend this site to anyone.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #58
memeroni
Webkinz :)

memeroni is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Zaphod
3) Lack of advertising and pushing other products. While that has changed a bit with the addition of the cards, there isn't any real ads on the site. The 'ads' that do exist are for other parts of the site. It also doesn't actively encourage buying more pets. It focuses on responsibilities and game play.
This is one of my favorite aspects of Webkinz. I have played other versions of these flash games at Yahoo and such, and I hate the ads

View Post Originally Posted by Zaphod
I don't play the tournaments. And frankly I haven't had any enjoyable experiences playing with other players on webkinz. I have tried to play dicekinz against online players, but they either quit right away or don't actually play, they just pass every round. I suspect they are hoping to do that cheating thing, but I just want to play not buck the system.
Just in case you don't know, if you go to the DiceKinz menu direct from the "Things to Do" menu (rather than from the Tournament Arena or wherever else you can get to it), there is a 1-player option. I much prefer to play against the computer!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 PM   #59
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

wow!! This stuff is funny!! There is some serious stuff i do love about webkinz. My daughter and i spend time together and we have some good battles now that the cards have come on. But i do think the hour this is very dumb but i do catch myself checking it alo. My daughter loves rares!! But we dont fret over not getting everything..I work alot.. and she is very active in sports. She wants to have 10 to get superbeds. But only at 6. She will get there at some point!! i think that it has way more good than bad.. But i do see some bad.. but Ganz has taken the marketing by storm. Think the learned from beanie babies keep the demand high..if the supply is low!! along with a great product.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #60
Gifted

Moby is an unknown quantity at this point

No guilt here. Especially when it is at Rock, Paper, Scissors. Actually, I do not play too many games. Mostly just DiceKinz and look forward to a good challange (usually other adults, but I think I have a few kids as regular players that can give me a run for my 75KC (or take it and leave me with 20KC).

My kids started playing first. Then they got a WebKinz for me. I travel a lot more for work than I would like. So sometimes I can play games against them. But it can be hard to hook up, so I usually just send them gifts (Rare items that I buy and exclusive items I have traded for) and tell them to check their Webkinz mail.

And when I travel, my Webkinz always travels with me!

TTFN,
Moby
Closed