Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #41
fireflyblue
Gift Guru

fireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

I don't accept friend requests from ANYONE yet unless I know that person in real life. I have a real short list, LOL. I might open that up soon and add some folks here if I get into swapping or something. But right now it's my husband, my son, and a friend. Soon my sister and niece will be getting webkinz too and I'll have them as well.

I too am leery of befriending somebody that might be a kid, even though I know that I'm a safe adult. They don't know that, and they shouldn't assume that. Webkinz has done its best to make a safe interface, but I still don't quite trust it.

I don't let my son add anyone he doesn't know in person either, because he loves to send mail and gifts. My son is only 5, though. We're using this to learn about internet safety. He's allowed to use the Find an Opponent option in the Arena, but he knows he has to ask me to read the boxes for him so he doesn't add a friend when he means to ask for a rematch. And periodically I check his list to make sure there aren't any other people he's added. So far he's been very good about this.

I'm not sure what rules my sister will impose on my niece, who is nine, but I am sure she'll allow her to have a few friends, as long as she knows not to send stuff she's not willing to lose. And of course she'll have us as buddies too.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #42
nz500

i still think it is still hard to win a trophy
Old 05-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #43
tjestin
Gift Guru

tjestin is a jewel in the roughtjestin is a jewel in the rough

I don't find it all that weird that there are so many of us on this site. I would make a guess that most of the adults on Webkinz are probably in their twenties or thirties. We are the generations that had computers when we were kids. (Come on doesn't anyone else remember playing Solitare on Windows 3.1 or Oregon Trail for hours at a time... Tasha Jr just died... oh dear. lol) Then when we were the ones who had to buy all the cool new electronics... why? To download games like Bejewelled on them and play them on the bus, in line ups or heaven forbid at work .

So finding out that Webkinz has a lot of those games that we used to play (under different names) was a godsend. Why track down separate ones when HEY we have them all conveniently packaged in one website. And oh dear, one that has the other addiction. Spending money on expensive toys lol.

Really, we can have a little fun relaxing whenever we want, we get to search for that really cool toy (cause you know we're all kids at heart if we're on here - lol my My Little Pony collection just keeps getting bigger, much to the dismay of my boyfriend) and we get to build the imaginary house of our dreams. The one with the beautiful garden, amazing pool, great game room, worlds most relaxing bedroom and bath, and it STAYS CLEAN!!! Who couldn't love that idea?
Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #44
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Hi I'm also addicted to Webkinz, I play and so do all 4 of my kids Kyle (10) has 18 Webkinz, Leanna(7) has 16, Heather (5) has 16, and Tyler (4) has 17. I myself have 12, I almost cried like a baby when I got my forth 1000 Kinz cash coin (i want all the exclusives but for some reason my account is jinxed). Not only do I check every hour at Arte's curio but I also go on everynight after I put the kids down and make sure each one has all the activities done. Then I'll go to Quizzy's to earn each of them kinz cash to spend if they're real low. I also have alot of there little friends on my friends list and love to send them gifts and now that I've learned so many great foods I've been sending those too.

My husband laughs at me. But some of my friends (35 and over are addicted to). I'm telling them all to join here Monday I'd love to win the contest.

We only found out about Webkinz when my daughters got them from my sister-in-law for Christmas and not knowing what they were we didn't even try them out until mid January. (Thank goodness for ebay Because these cutie pies are impossoble to find in any store near us.) We're hoping they'll get easier to find by summer. I'm glad to know there are other Mom's just like me. I found out about this awesome site through the clubhouse and I'm getting as addicted to this site as I am to Webkinz.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #45
memeroni
Webkinz :)

memeroni is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Bebebunny
My question is about accepting friend requests. Do other adults accept friend requests from players they don't know? I feel funny accepting them because I always think it is a child asking and they probably think I am a child also. Any one else have any thoughts on this? I'd like to know what other parents think.
I don't... I rarely play a game in th Tournament Arena that's not against my nephew or a friend. The few times I do play against a random opponent, I refuse any friend requests.

Everyone on my friends list is either someone I know IRL or from a message board. I also feel funny about accepting random friend requests.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #46
memeroni
Webkinz :)

memeroni is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by tjestin
(Come on doesn't anyone else remember playing Solitare on Windows 3.1 or Oregon Trail for hours at a time... Tasha Jr just died... oh dear. lol)
OMG, I love Oregon Trail!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #47
Gift Trainee

Zaphod is on a distinguished road

Heh...

I am an adult, but it appears I am in the minority. I am an Uncle, not a Mom.

My sister got hooked after getting them for my niece and nephew (7 yr old twins). I mocked her for how much time she played, so to get even she got me one. Zaphod, my Gorilla.

I got hooked for several reasons:
1) Professional interest, I am a software/game developer, specifically flash and online games. And also I am big fan of 'casual' games. (puzzle, bubble poppers, etc...)
2) The "Kid" nature of it is very nice and refreshing. Wholesome is the word that comes to mind. It gives me the same feeling that I get from from sesame street and such.
3) Lack of advertising and pushing other products. While that has changed a bit with the addition of the cards, there isn't any real ads on the site. The 'ads' that do exist are for other parts of the site. It also doesn't actively encourage buying more pets. It focuses on responsibilities and game play.
4) Just darn fun.

I am not sure of the point of hourly activities, other than to build patterns and habits. I suspect that there is some educational/development theory behind some of the choices they have made.

I don't play the tournaments. And frankly I haven't had any enjoyable experiences playing with other players on webkinz. I have tried to play dicekinz against online players, but they either quit right away or don't actually play, they just pass every round. I suspect they are hoping to do that cheating thing, but I just want to play not buck the system.

I just found this place and am glad to find that there are other adult players out there.

Scott.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:43 AM   #48
dekara
Gift Guru

wescottwomen is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Zaphod
I don't play the tournaments. And frankly I haven't had any enjoyable experiences playing with other players on webkinz. I have tried to play dicekinz against online players, but they either quit right away or don't actually play, they just pass every round. I suspect they are hoping to do that cheating thing, but I just want to play not buck the system.
Scott.
i am a mom and love to play dicekinz but can find nobody to play anytime you wanna play im up for it
wescottwomen is offline Female
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #49
fireflyblue
Gift Guru

fireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to behold

My husband loves the Dicekinz game. He'd love a good challenge.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #50
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Smile Re: Grown Ups on Webkinz - Philosophical Question

Nothing better to start your day off than a cup of coffee and webkinz.
I don't play in tournaments either unless someone I know and only ones on friends list are grandkids and few friends I know. I also wish they didnt have the hourly things to do. It would be much better if it was set up as daily activities, then all could to them at their leisure. Between school and summer time it really makes it harder for the children, although they do have their dedicated parents and grandparents to make sure all gets done, except housework.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Closed