Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #3191
Webkinz :)

SeaGazer is a jewel in the roughSeaGazer is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: DISCUSSION - People with Special Needs and Webkinz

My son (autism, intellectual disability) has been enjoying some of the Peek-a-Newz contests on Webkinz News: he is very patient and does a great job at tracking and clicking on Nick the Hamster!
SeaGazer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #3192
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by SeaGazer
My son (autism, intellectual disability) has been enjoying some of the Peek-a-Newz contests on Webkinz News: he is very patient and does a great job at tracking and clicking on Nick the Hamster!
Hello and welcome to our thread SeaGazer!!

That is wonderful that your son enjoys the Peek-A-Newz. My son tends to get frustrated when they do not show up after a few tries and he loses interest.

I think his favourite thing still remains designing and re-arranging rooms!! Has your son been active on Webkinz World for long?
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #3193

I tried to get him interested last year when I got the first pets for him (he loves stuffed animals). He was not very enthusiastic. But all of a sudden, starting about a month ago, he is getting into it. I have learned to let him take his time with new activities...
I am so happy!

I see that you are in Canada. We live in the US.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #3194
Autism Awareness

View Post Originally Posted by SeaGazer
I tried to get him interested last year when I got the first pets for him (he loves stuffed animals). He was not very enthusiastic. But all of a sudden, starting about a month ago, he is getting into it. I have learned to let him take his time with new activities...
I am so happy!

I see that you are in Canada. We live in the US.
Yes, we are in Canada.

It also took my son quite a while to warm up to Webkinz but eventually he found areas that interested him. He really enjoys playing the games with his younger brother and that also helped to add strength to their relationship. He loves collecting the PSIs, vehicles and windows.

I really credit WW with initiating my son to computer navigation and giving him a strong base!!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #3195
Totally Wacky

tribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
tribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

welcome SeaGazer,

I also am in the states. I think Buzzy (electabuzz) has connected all special needs on this forum. Feel free to post here....even if you need to vent we are here to support you. We may not have all the answers but we are good for a listening ear and support.

My Vent:

I am so frustrated with my family. I get yelled at when my special needs niece is totally disrespecting me. Why do I have to be yelled at when I been told to pick up both her and her older special needs brother and watch them? I didn't even have a choice. Right now I don't think I'm invited to Christmas Celebrations this year. Anyone want to come over and help me bake oatmeal raisin cookies that I was suppose to bake last Thursday but because my sister told me to pick up her 2 kids and watch them; I couldn't bake them?

Next month Dr will test my elbow again to find out how bad my elbow is before sending me to the surgeon. I'm in pain 24/7 and he wants to run another test to see if its worth me having the surgery.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful time getting ready for Christmas.

*hugs and love*
Tribbles

P.S. I could also use help eating the cookies.

Last edited by tribbles; 12-07-2011 at 01:23 AM..
tribbles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #3196
mrsCarranza

tigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable character
tigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable character

Aww tribbles I would definitely come over if I could. They shouldn't be yelling at you when you're hurt.
tigerdove is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #3197

This is a wonderful discussion! I discovered it totally by accident. Thank you for your warm welcome!

Tribbles, I am so sorry you are having such a bad time right before the holidays! Tigerdove is right: you should be pampered when you are hurting, not yelled at!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #3198
Autism Awareness

View Post Originally Posted by tribbles
welcome SeaGazer,

I also am in the states. I think Buzzy (electabuzz) has connected all special needs on this forum. Feel free to post here....even if you need to vent we are here to support you. We may not have all the answers but we are good for a listening ear and support.

My Vent:

I am so frustrated with my family. I get yelled at when my special needs niece is totally disrespecting me. Why do I have to be yelled at when I been told to pick up both her and her older special needs brother and watch them? I didn't even have a choice. Right now I don't think I'm invited to Christmas Celebrations this year. Anyone want to come over and help me bake oatmeal raisin cookies that I was suppose to bake last Thursday but because my sister told me to pick up her 2 kids and watch them; I couldn't bake them?

Next month Dr will test my elbow again to find out how bad my elbow is before sending me to the surgeon. I'm in pain 24/7 and he wants to run another test to see if its worth me having the surgery.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful time getting ready for Christmas.

*hugs and love*
Tribbles

P.S. I could also use help eating the cookies.

Tribble, I think the holiday season brings out the best and the worst in people. I always find at the beginning of December my stress levels are particularly high and I am not always the model person myself. That is the only explanation I can think of for the rude behaviour aimed towards you. Hopefully thinks will get better and you will get the apology you deserve.

Good luck with your elbow!!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #3199
mrsCarranza

tigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable character
tigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable charactertigerdove has an honorable character

I don't get why people would get stressed during the holidays though, it's supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year.
tigerdove is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #3200
Totally Wacky

tribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
tribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googletribbles had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

tigerdove you have no idea when it comes to my family...everything has to be perfect. If something goes wrong the holiday is ruined...to me I see a messy house every time i go over...why make it perfectly clean? I get very stressed out because I am forced to be around people (family) that aren't nice to me. the most wonderful time of the year is Dec 26th. that means I dont have to see my family until thanksgiving day for dinner....I can actually rest for 11 months talk about happy city with me. its also hard on me because i lost a grandfather that really made the holidays more bareable and my grandmother is also gone. So I get yelled at for something stupid I get upset and I go home crying. If i skip the get together I wouldnt get 11 months to rest they would just beat me over the head with why didnt you go? so i spend 7 hours with my family then I can go home and enjoy myself.

*hugs and love*
tribbles
tribbles is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
all children are special!, autism is a gift, autism is normal, coolio101 waz here!!!, eclipsestrike, electrabuzz1 rocks!, gillian's sis has autism, good topic, great info!-hayley, great thread!, great thread! penny lane, hollister:]was here, kay's favorites tag, loveourkids!, n.i.c.k. j.o.n.a.s<3<3<3, pppoker face, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, special needs&webkinz, support differences, thank you buzz ♥, usernames!, webkinz4specialneeds, yo-yo-yoshi, ♥ jesus 4eva! ~hpf, ♥autism is special♥