Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #11
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

stinkerbelle has a spectacular aura aboutstinkerbelle has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Different Time Zone change stuff?

Yes it does really stink at times when the early "daily" is a good prize or gift.....and because I live in Alaska there is a 4 hou rtime difference, so web world shuts down at 8 pm
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
Gift Guru

penelope has disabled reputation

I am in central time zone. I have missed items in the curio shop because I forget about that one hour difference sometimes.
penelope is offline Female
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #13
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by penelope
I am in central time zone. I have missed items in the curio shop because I forget about that one hour difference sometimes.
Yep, I'm also in central and I've also missed advertized curio shop items because I wrote down the darn kinz time instead my real time.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #14
magjonat168

Smile Re: Different Time Zone change stuff?

yeah it shuts down at 9 for me. oh well, i dont really care. as much as i LOVE webkinz, there's always tomorrow
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #15
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

yes, we are western and the first two or three dailies are almost always missed. i'm not getting up at 6 am to get an extra spin on the wheel of wow... maybe for the super wheel or big button of kinzcash...

i've often wondered if they are going to centralize it so that noone is off by more than one to two hours. central time makes way more sense. and what of people who live in other countries? i've seen webkinz for sale in england (on ebay).
-
oh, and the site going down daily at 9 pm p.s.t. is a real nuisance too. i just get the kids to bed and want to go play color storm and *voila!* it's over until about midnight our time. used to be down only for about an hour but now it's usually 2 to 3.

Last edited by missquarejane; 07-27-2007 at 01:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 07-27-2007, 01:39 AM   #16
soccergal5

I live in Central Time Zone (Arkansas) and when I look at the Daily Activities I say to mysef okay, Spin the Wheel Of Yum is at 7 so i need to be back at the computer at 6 central time... So i am use to doing that and it works fine
Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #17
Gifted
giggygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Hawaii, so that's a real shift in time. For us it's 6 hours away from the east coast. The one benefit is at 9:45 pm, (my time) I can log in before going to bed and do my daily activities for the next day. The only bummer is there are very few people online to play tournament games with and I sometimes stay up later then intended, which makes getting up for work pretty tough!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
Gifted

SirTyger is on a distinguished road

Having the time shift between my time and Kinz time is just something I have gotten used to. And yes, when there are great activities on at 6am my time, it's a little annoying!

But there are also advantages.

Some of the curio shop rare items go on sale at 10pm Kinz time, which would be past bedtime for most people on a school night; but for my sister in the Pacific time zone that's only 7pm, so she can easily get online and buy them.

It definitely works both ways.
Closed