Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
momof2lilkinz
Gift Guru

White Poodle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Defective Webkinz!

View Post Originally Posted by Amber
You can sew it up. Next time, check for holes before buying a Webkinz.
Hmm, well, yes I can sew it up, but I don't think I should have to. It's not like these things are $5, I paid $15. But even if they were $5, I still wouldn't expect it to have a gaping hole in its belly with the insides coming out. Maybe I should have "checked for holes", but again, I don't think I should have to. When I buy any other toys (or clothes or anything else) I don't turn them over and under to inspect for holes or defects. But I guess you're right and I learned my lesson. Next time I will check!

So I guess I will give it a try to email them and see if that gets me anywhere. Thanks everybody for your input.
White Poodle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #12
Gift Guru

twenty_car is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this thread on a search I was doing. My daughter activated her pink poodle last night. We bought it in May when they were extremely hard to find. We waited to activate. It has the same symptoms your pink poodle did. I know it had to have been stitched but poorly. I always check them out before I buy. However last night this poodle has it's belly wide open and you can see the inside beads. It wasn't played with. It just sat on a dresser.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
OrlandoBloom

My Lil Panda has that issue, She has a hole under her left armpit, and i can stick my finger in it.
But i can't go back to the store, because they ran out of pandas, and anyways they are such nice people we really don't like to bother them over something they probably will think is silly!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #14
nmacias05
Gift Guru

nikkikris is on a distinguished road

I son had the same problem with his basset hound. He doesn't even play with it he has it setting on his bed. I had to do surgery on it, but I agree I shouldn't have to worry about it. I just check them out better before I buy now.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #15
Webkinz :)

iluvwebkinz9624 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont no im sorrry
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #16
momof2lilkinz
Gift Guru

White Poodle will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to update on this problem. I contacted CS at Ganz and told them where I bought the item at, and that I didn't still have the receipt. They told me just to bring it back to the store I bought it at, and exchange it for another one. They gave me the name and phone number of the "rep" for that area, and said if there was any problem, the store could contact that rep, and he would be sure to credit their account for the defective poodle. I called the store and the lady was very nice and said sure, no problem, bring it back in. She said they noticed another animal (a cat) with a similar problem when they were unpacking their shipment. Luckily for me, they still had pink poodles in stock so there was no problem exchanging it. She even said I could exchange for another animal if I wanted, but my daughter really wanted the pink poodle. When I got to the store, the cashier didn't want to do it for me because the code was already activated. I said she could cut the tag off of the new one, I really just wanted a non-defective stuffed animal at this point. She got all huffy and said she couldn't do that and went back to talk to the manager, who was apparently the person I talked to on the phone who told her to go ahead and let me exchange it. She was still huffy with me, and told me I could only do it for the exact same thing (which was fine with me anyway, despite the fact the manager said we could exchange for whatever we wanted), and acted like I was trying to pull a fast one or something.

But long story short, we got a new pink poodle.

So, yeah, moral of the story, check them over carefully as apparently their quality assurance is pretty bad.
White Poodle is offline Female
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
animegirl778
Webkinz :)

moodypeach79 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG MY LIL SIS ALWAYS GETS WEBKINZ WITH HOLES IN THEM TOO!!
she got a monkey and it had a huge hole in the back of it!!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

you can contact them at support@webkinz.com
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #19
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talentJBONE92 has lots of talent

that stinks!! none of webkinz have any holes that i am aware of
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #20
Gift Guru

Pegasus is a jewel in the roughPegasus is a jewel in the rough

My daughter's pink poodle had a huge hole in the belly, too! We noticed it about 30 mins after buying it. When we brought it back to the store, they already had sewing supplies on hand, and stitched it up for us! I was really surprised, they said that this happens with Webkinz all the time. I was really thankful for them doing that for us. I just couldn't believe that so many have holes, that they had sewing supplies ready, just waiting for the next surgery.
Closed