Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
wait for it
Gifted
pchy has a spectacular aura aboutpchy has a spectacular aura about

Default Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

so i made it into the first cooking competition and the i competed against 4 other webkinz pets. 3 of them were:
mrS with Maddie
gig with Annie
3do with BearLockHomes



after the competition it listed the results. i was in second with19, gig with Annie was in the lead with 22, Maddie received 15 and bearlockhomes received around 13.

the entire 30 minutes that i kept watching my 5 portion of the competition happen it said Annie was in the lead.

I am so confused. did other people also have maddie come in second or are the results different for everyone?

How did mrS with Maddie come in second, gig with Annie come in 4th and 3do with BearLockHomes come in 9th and i didn't make the top 10?
pchy is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Kinzie2008
Gifted
 
Kinzie2008's Avatar
Kinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

The beauty competition is the same way. I think it is just random....

Kinzie
Kinzie2008 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Gifted
 
webkinz101's Avatar
webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

I am confused everytime I got to enter it won't let me and it says "Event In Progress" but it's not even 12:00?! What time do they let you enter?
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
wait for it
Gifted
pchy has a spectacular aura aboutpchy has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

i entered at 10:30 0n the nose and the competition said filled within 2 minutes
pchy is offline
Old 07-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
ho knew? I'm a
Gift Guru
 
MyFourBoys's Avatar
MyFourBoys will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

You weren't just competing against those people. There are up to 5000 contestants in each competition. Those people were just the ones you saw. If you look on the results page, you'll see the actual top ten out of all 5000.
MyFourBoys is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
wait for it
Gifted
pchy has a spectacular aura aboutpchy has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

View Post Originally Posted by MyFourBoys
You weren't just competing against those people. There are up to 5000 contestants in each competition. Those people were just the ones you saw. If you look on the results page, you'll see the actual top ten out of all 5000.
I realize i was competing against 5000 people. that is why i thought it was so odd that 3 of the 5 people i saw compete with me, made the top 10--out of 5000. and of those 3 people i scored higher than 2 of them, and the one that scored higher than me, wasn't the one in second place--but the one who scored lowest made 2nd place--out of 5000 people
pchy is offline
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
 
cbjhockey's Avatar
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

I don't think that the scores we see matter at all. I do think that we always get to see one of the top 10 in the 5 random that we watch (at least in the 50+ competitions that I have written down scores for and watched that has been the case).

I think that somehow behind the scenes the winners are decided while sign ups happen/at the very start of the show. It probably has to do with the academy grades (which of course we can not see for each of the other contestants).
cbjhockey is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
KA RETIREE
Gift Guru
 
chapman12's Avatar
chapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clownchapman12 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

View Post Originally Posted by pchy
I realize i was competing against 5000 people. that is why i thought it was so odd that 3 of the 5 people i saw compete with me, made the top 10--out of 5000. and of those 3 people i scored higher than 2 of them, and the one that scored higher than me, wasn't the one in second place--but the one who scored lowest made 2nd place--out of 5000 people
Hey pchy -

This may be what happened. When you enter the competition you will see your score along with 4 others. After the 5 scores have been posted some people log out and then back in again and enter the competition for another time. However, the first score you receive is the one that determines your placement. That may be why when you viewed the competition and saw your score that the person you beat within your viewing had already completed a viewing and received a higher score.

It happens a lot with the Pro Beauty and I have tried it trying to figure out what outfit makes the judges happy, but I still have no idea!!! Hope this makes sense

Last edited by chapman12; 07-26-2008 at 01:14 PM..
chapman12 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
Kinzie2008
Gifted
 
Kinzie2008's Avatar
Kinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

View Post Originally Posted by chapman12
Hey pchy -

This may be what happened. When you enter the competition you will see your score along with 4 others. After the 5 scores have been posted some people log out and then back in again and enter the competition for another time. However, the first score you receive is the one that determines your placement. That may be why when you viewed the competition and saw your score that the person you beat within your viewing had already completed a viewing and received a higher score.

It happens a lot with the Pro Beauty and I have tried it trying to figure out what outfit makes the judges happy, but I still have no idea!!! Hope this makes sense
How is it possible to 'log out and then back in again and enter the competition another time'? You can only enter the competition during the first 30 minutes after the time on the schedule, and even then you really only have 5-10 as it fills up that quickly. You can't wait to see your pet and then enter again...

Kinzie
Kinzie2008 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
diamondriggs
Gifted
 
diamondriggs's Avatar
diamondriggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Cooking Competition results are in--i am SOOOO confused

View Post Originally Posted by pchy
so i made it into the first cooking competition and the i competed against 4 other webkinz pets. 3 of them were:
mrS with Maddie
gig with Annie
3do with BearLockHomes



after the competition it listed the results. i was in second with19, gig with Annie was in the lead with 22, Maddie received 15 and bearlockhomes received around 13.

the entire 30 minutes that i kept watching my 5 portion of the competition happen it said Annie was in the lead.

I am so confused. did other people also have maddie come in second or are the results different for everyone?

How did mrS with Maddie come in second, gig with Annie come in 4th and 3do with BearLockHomes come in 9th and i didn't make the top 10?
3do with BearLockHomes was in my group too! I was very surprised to see them in the top 10 because they scored way lower than everyone in the group. I think the open competitions are randomly selected so anyone has a chance at winning regardless of training. Maybe training is taken into a greater consideration in the pro competitions. That's just my guess...
diamondriggs is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts