Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Avoiding scams

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
I would suggest NOT letting what happened derail you from the training section. There are a LOT of great traders who maintain the integrity of the program. If you are leery about a big ticket trade, the mods/coaches have stated in a different thread that they would be more than happy to be the middle man.
I agree with not letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch! It still is the best program around! That's wonderful that the coaches posted that they are willing to help out! I'm not surprised though because you coaches are awesome!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #12

cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth

Please do not let what happened deter you from becoming gifted or if you are already gifted please do not let it stop you from trading. Those of us who were scammed (yes, I was one of them) all know that there are far more wonderful traders here on WI than you could ever count. I will not let the actions of one person ruin my view of the entire group.

I still performed trades yesterday after everything had just happened where I was the first person to send and I never doubted what I was doing for even one second. I will definitely be more cautious in the future of trades valuing more than 25000 to 30000 and might even consider asking for the services of a mod if I have not traded with the person before.

The Gifted program here at WI is wonderful and I still have complete faith in the system that the staff here has designed. The support that has been offered to those of us that were scammed has been beyond anything you can imagine. There were mods on the scene, closing GEs, banning users, etc. within minutes of the items being sent. We have been offered shoulders to cry on and kind words to help lift us up. We have been sent presents to brighten our day and to delight the hearts of our children that lost precious items. We have watched as our WI family circled the wagons around us!

While our hearts were heaviest with the thought of what we had lost, we found many true friends there for us and in the end I would take one true friend over any virtual item that I might ever have!

Last edited by cbjhockey; 07-23-2008 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: spelling
cbjhockey is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

I agree with all who have posted on this thread. 99.9% of the traders here are WONDERFUL. My thoughts were not on stopping trading but to brain storm ideas that could help improve saftey. I believe in Karma : "What you give out you get back" The scammers will have to live with their actions the rest of their life. Sadly, they may have stolen from children as many of us are trading for our children.
The people who created WI and give their time freely are to be praised. This incident is of no bearing on the safety of WI. It is a reflection of some bad apples. However, I always feel that when something bad happens it should be looked at as a learning experience and a chance for growth.
I hope that my thoughts would not deter someone from growing and trading in the WI community. I love this community. I posted the thread to get people to brainstorm ideas that could increase safety. I am well aware though that these incidents will always occur because there will always be someone who will figure out how to "beat" the system. We can only thank God that the majority of us our not as low as these individuals.
Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts.
lauraanne is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
justacat89
Gift Guru

justacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond repute

I think going through a Mod or Gift Coach for a priceless item trade would be a good way to go...I also wish there was someway to "flag" adults on here. I work with kids and I worry all the time about the kids on this site....It would be nice for the kids to know who the adults are (just a thought) but then if it was a "bad" adult they may lie and say they were a kid anyway **shrugs**

and to the Gifted Trainee who was worried...believe me...the GE is WAY better than the trading room and a big reason is the WIGEV...I turn down more trades then I make in the trading room...and I've talked to the kids I know that have webbies and warn them off...and I've told my 7 year niece to absolutely not go there and to come to me if she wants to trade something and I'll work on getting her what she wants in trades.

Maybe something like a big sister/big brother thing would help...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by justacat89
I think going through a Mod or Gift Coach for a priceless item trade would be a good way to go...I also wish there was someway to "flag" adults on here. I work with kids and I worry all the time about the kids on this site....It would be nice for the kids to know who the adults are (just a thought) but then if it was a "bad" adult they may lie and say they were a kid anyway **shrugs**

and to the Gifted Trainee who was worried...believe me...the GE is WAY better than the trading room and a big reason is the WIGEV...I turn down more trades then I make in the trading room...and I've talked to the kids I know that have webbies and warn them off...and I've told my 7 year niece to absolutely not go there and to come to me if she wants to trade something and I'll work on getting her what she wants in trades.

Maybe something like a big sister/big brother thing would help...
I agree with the mod or gift coach assistance (but these people already donate so much time I don't know if they could keep up with everythig.) I was so impressed with that idea from "WINK".
The most important priority is keeping the children safe on this site. The rules set by admin. are crucial in keeping children safe from people who could do alot more harm. I hope that all parents take an active role in and never let their children give out information that could endanger their safety. I also agree that this is the only place to trade. I myself do not trade on WW or any other site. I am loyal to because of their outstanding record in keeping this a safe , fun and informative site.
I am confident that these fine people will continue to make changes for the good of their website. They have put alot of time into this and are not paid a dime. They truley care about their members and this site. I think they are all aware of the faith we have in them.
lauraanne is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
Fun2luvwebbies

Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone will be fair at all trading
Closed