Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

Arrow AMAZING WORLD Information Thread : What is AW and What Do You Do There?

Welcome to the AMAZING WORLD Thread

Hello, hello! Thanks for stopping in!

My name is Pam and I hope you have fun while you visit.

~ Frequently Asked Questions ~

What is Amazing World?
Spoiler: show
Amazing World is a Ganz created 3D MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game.
It was officially launched on November 4, 2013.

The launch followed a year of open-beta testing.
While in Beta, Amazing World received both a Mom’s Choice and a Dr. Toy Award.

Free To Play versus Membership
Most of the content is free and the “free to play” version has a level cap of 20.
(You start at level 1 and do quests and things to earn xp [experience] and level up).

The game does not “end” for the free players at level 20,
there is still plenty of fun and things to do, you just stop earning xp and don’t level anymore.

Some of the emotes, actions, storylines, and World Shop items are level or membership based,
so the free players aren’t able to do and achieve everything in the game, but it is still loads of fun!

Membership expands the storyline and the level cap is 50.
When you reach level 50 you have unlocked all the content (emotes, actions, storylines and World Shop items).
Again, the games does not “end” at level 50, you simply stop earning xp and don’t level anymore.

I started with a free account, got to level 20 and by that time (well, ok…before…lol)
I was so hooked that I took the plunge and got a year membership on December 1st (2013)

It was 50% off with 2 “free” Zings when I got mine.

You can choose a 1 month, 6 month, or 12 month membership.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added 1/14 at 12:30 pm EST :

I don't think the 50% off Membership Promo is still going on.

I took a peek at the Amazing World tab on Webkinz Newz.

Once you get to the Amazing World section of Webkinz Newz,
you can click on the Newz Blog tab, then Announcements and the 4th article down
talks about the 50% off membership, but it specifically says "for a limited time", so I think the promo is over.

I also want to clarify that I did not "upgrade" my level 20 free account to a membership account.
I started a brand new account with the membership.

How do I become a member of Amazing World?
Click the image to open in full size.

Is the 50% off Membership Promo still going on?
Added 1/14 at 5:00 pm EST:

Thanks to yadyram for this information concerning the 50% off Membership Promo!

View Post Originally Posted by yadyram
Re: 50% off membership....
I just went into my second non membership game (Fidget) and the icon for the discount is still displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
So, as of 1/14, the Promo was still going on.
As soon as I get different information, I will post it.

Is it worth it?
My answer would be “OMG, YESSS!!!”

Is it just like Webkinz World?
There are many similarities, yet so much MORE that you can do too.

You can even link your Webkinz World account and your Amazing World account
to earn prizes that will be sent to your Webkinz World account.
(Bloom‘s Tree, Queen Vexa‘s Tiara and the Amazing World Airship)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added 1/14 at 12:30 pm EST:

I think that you can still link your accounts.

If you go to Webkinz Newz and click on the Amazing World tab,
then the Newz Blog, then What's New, the 2nd Article talks about linking your accounts.

It does not say anything about limited time offer, so I think that you can still link them.
The article has instructions on how to link your accounts and specifics on how and when you get the prizes.

Also, any Mazin’ Hamster codes that you have entered onto your Webkinz World account
can ALSO be put on your Amazing World account (the SAME code!)
I just recently found that out myself, so my Amazing World account now has six new family members, lol

You can even get stuff for your Amazing World account
from Webkinz Newz with the GanzWorld Reward Moneyz

What makes Amazing World so AMAZING?
Ok, where to start, lol

Since it is a 3D MMO, everything seems more “life size” so you can see what it is you are doing.
Also, your pets are STANDING (like people) so when you dress them you can see what they are wearing…love it!

Amazing World has moderated chat (upon parental approval)
so you can chat with other players that have unlocked the chat feature.

Just be sure you read the Chat Rules carefully and don’t do anything it says not to.
The rules are very strict and if you break any of them you will lose the ability to chat.

You can have more than one house (your choice of the starter Cottage, the Castle and / or the Spaceship)
that you can upgrade (make bigger). I have one of each, lol

So far, I’ve found that you can unlock up to two yards to decorate.
(They are acquired by completing the storyline, one with Bloom and one with Draper)

You can add people to your friends list and invite them to your Home Zone
where they can see and interact with your house(s) and yards(s).

There is Karma’s Prize Wheel that is similar to the Webkinz World Wheel of Wow
that you earn Coins (money), XP and prizes from.

There is a World Shop that is similar to the Webkinz World W-Shop
that you can buy clothes, furniture, yard items, “fun” items (yes, that’s a category, lol)
and even Zings from (the Zings and some clothes / items cost e-store points).

Most of the storyline characters also have their own shop that you can buy cool stuff from.
You also earn prizes from the storyline characters as you complete quests for them.

There are ALOT of actions, dances and emotes that your pets can do.

You can unlock “old style arcade” games (where your pet is IN the game and you use it to accomplish the objective)
with some of the storyline characters and some of the quests that you do for them are also in the style of the old arcade games.

There are lots of Collections to complete and Achievements to be awarded.

Activities in Amazing World:
Fishing
(where you can KEEP the fish and put them in actual aquariums)

Treasure Hunting

Quests

Puzzles

Mini-Games

Multi-Player Games
(both cooperative and competitive)

Last edited by ldskinzkid; 02-18-2014 at 08:25 PM..
ldskinzkid is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
The PSF Maniac
Gifted

AutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be true
AutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be trueAutumnTheCuzzy is too good to be true

Default Re: Amazing World Q & A Thread...Got a question about Amazing World? Post it here! Have some answers about Amazing World? Please help! Post number one, looking for answers about Sparkle Fans and more :D

Hiya from the Cuzzy!! Thank you SO much for starting this, I myself have been hoping to have an AW wiki started up on this site one day!!

... Well, I have an answer to one of your questions, as well as a question of my own. For your question about Zing names, those go back to the early days of AW. There was a completely different way of doing names back then, so it'll show up as two names instead of just one. Mine, for example, is Jazz Muffinberry, as I got into AW back when they first started. My friend, who signed up later, is Mangoshivers- just one name. I think they switched the naming process when Vexa came along and the airship pre-game stuff came into play...

Now for my question: I was running around AW with my friend, me with my plain blue cat and she with her plain bull/cow. All of a sudden, we pass a monkey with banana print skin! Then a cow with funky pink and blue skin! Then a checkered elephant!! How does one change their skin into funky neat stuff like that?? We're both members and would think it might come from a shop Nibs might have, or something of Draper's, but no such thing has been found. The world shop doesn't have it either, unless I'm overlooking something.
AutumnTheCuzzy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

Default Re: Amazing World Q & A Thread...Got a question about Amazing World? Post it here! Have some answers about Amazing World? Please help! Post number one, looking for answers about Sparkle Fans and more :D

Thank you for starting this thread. I wish I could answer your questions, but you're the one who helps me!
Inibaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by AutumnTheCuzzy
Hiya from the Cuzzy!! Thank you SO much for starting this, I myself have been hoping to have an AW wiki started up on this site one day!!

... Well, I have an answer to one of your questions, as well as a question of my own. For your question about Zing names, those go back to the early days of AW. There was a completely different way of doing names back then, so it'll show up as two names instead of just one. Mine, for example, is Jazz Muffinberry, as I got into AW back when they first started. My friend, who signed up later, is Mangoshivers- just one name. I think they switched the naming process when Vexa came along and the airship pre-game stuff came into play...

Now for my question: I was running around AW with my friend, me with my plain blue cat and she with her plain bull/cow. All of a sudden, we pass a monkey with banana print skin! Then a cow with funky pink and blue skin! Then a checkered elephant!! How does one change their skin into funky neat stuff like that?? We're both members and would think it might come from a shop Nibs might have, or something of Draper's, but no such thing has been found. The world shop doesn't have it either, unless I'm overlooking something.
Helloooo Cuzzy!

You are most welcome, thank YOU for replying Hopefully this will be a popular thread and a help (and maybe even a hangout ) to all our fellow Amazing Worlders

Thanks so much for clearing up my confusion about the different kinds of Zing names (one name versus two names). That's awesome that you got into AW when it first started. I just joined on the first of this month (December), but I am enjoying it immensely! I had no idea that the Airship is new, it seems like such an integral part of the game My name on AW is Dearestsoul, in case you'd like to add me

As far as your question (and thanks for asking, btw...I think the more questions we ask, the more people we might get to join in the conversation ) I have not seen those particular Zings you are talking about.

I tried googling some key phrases you listed to try and get an answer, but no luck When I joined at the beginning of this month I got 2 "free" Zings with my membership...the blue star one (bear?) and the purple elephant with the rainbow and clouds on it.

I know the e-store sells a few other Zings and there are Zing figures and plushies, but none that match the descriptions you gave. I don't know if it something you can "earn" or buy (like from Nibs or Draper, as you mentioned)

Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that one, sorry I'm not more of a help

Hugs hugs,
Pam
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz
Thank you for starting this thread. I wish I could answer your questions, but you're the one who helps me!
Inibaz!!!

Thanks so much for stopping in, it's great to see you

LOL (I'm the one who helps you ), you're the one that told me about the Ancient Pillars, remember? We're all helpers in one way or another

Have you taken the plunge and become a member?

Hugs to you!
Pam

View Post Originally Posted by ldskinzkid
...the blue star one (bear?)
I just noticed she has a long tail, lol...so I think she's a cat, not a bear, lol

View Post Originally Posted by AutumnTheCuzzy
All of a sudden, we pass a monkey with banana print skin! Then a cow with funky pink and blue skin! Then a checkered elephant!! How does one change their skin into funky neat stuff like that?? We're both members and would think it might come from a shop Nibs might have, or something of Draper's, but no such thing has been found. The world shop doesn't have it either, unless I'm overlooking something.
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I think I FOUND IT!

If you open the World Shop and look to the left where it has the little pictures for like clothes, or furniture, or yard...at the top there is a yellow bear. Click on it and it has a section for AVATARS! Granted, they cost you your "gold" estore coins...but STILL!

Maybe the ones you listed are ones that are no longer available?

Here's a pic of the current ones! (I love the little hot dog one, lol )

Hope this helps!
More hugs,
Pam

Last edited by ldskinzkid; 12-18-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
obipony316
Webkinz :)

AjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joy
AjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joyAjGirl1006 is an abundance of joy

Default Re: Amazing World Q & A Thread...Got a question about Amazing World? Post it here! Have some answers about AW? Please help! Feel free to start some Amazing World chat or post AW pics too, if it has to do with Amazing World, you can post it here

This is a great thread, I wish this was here earlier when I was trying to do my 20 levels!
This is awesome, I'm glad someone finally made a thread like this! Awesome idea!
AjGirl1006 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

Default Re: Amazing World Q & A Thread...Got a question about Amazing World? Post it here! Have some answers about AW? Please help! Feel free to start some Amazing World chat or post AW pics too, if it has to do with Amazing World, you can post it here

View Post Originally Posted by AjGirl1006
This is a great thread, I wish this was here earlier when I was trying to do my 20 levels!
This is awesome, I'm glad someone finally made a thread like this! Awesome idea!
Awww, thanks!

I haven't been playing that long (just joined on the first of this month...), but was surprised that I couldn't find any AW info on the web

Are you still playing or did you stop after you reached level 20?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
YadyYadyYady

yadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the wait
yadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the wait

I signed on AW when it first started and was assigned the name Astra Tuberunner. I went as far as I could go, then quit for a long time until I recently bought a 6 month membership and got the "blue star bear/cat" creature. I have reached level 50. It was quite easy.
I'm the one who lost my chat privilege by communicating with another friend with both WW and AW accounts open and talking about WW while on AW. There was no warning.
Anyway, I'm the quiet one, usually dressed as Gelato. I still continue to play.

My question is, how do we add a specific friend? I know how to add someone we encounter, but how can we add each other from here? I promise I can't make trouble as I am still silenced AND I have learned a valuable lesson.
yadyram is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by yadyram
I signed on AW when it first started and was assigned the name Astra Tuberunner. I went as far as I could go, then quit for a long time until I recently bought a 6 month membership and got the "blue star bear/cat" creature. I have reached level 50. It was quite easy.
I'm the one who lost my chat privilege by communicating with another friend with both WW and AW accounts open and talking about WW while on AW. There was no warning.
Anyway, I'm the quiet one, usually dressed as Gelato. I still continue to play.

My question is, how do we add a specific friend? I know how to add someone we encounter, but how can we add each other from here? I promise I can't make trouble as I am still silenced AND I have learned a valuable lesson.

Hi yadyram!

I remember you from Inibaz's thread I still feel really bad hearing that you lost your chat privileges...that really stinks But thanks for letting us know so we know not to talk about ANY other sites (even Ganz ones...) while we are on AW

It's great that you came back to the game and that you are still playing though, maybe we will run into each other sometime I think I have seen you now and then, the name Astra Tuberunner sounds familar

I did a little trial and error on the site to see if I could answer your question about how to add people without actually seeing them (when you just have a name).

What you want to do is click on the little "friends list" icon next to the circle that has your face in it (the "friends list" icon is the one that has the blue and pink Zing heads)

When your friends list opens up you'll see icons on the left side. The bottom one that looks kinda like a magnifying glass is the "find your friend here" button. Click on that and the Friend Finder opens up (see pic below).

Then you can type in the friend you want to find
I typed in Astra Tuberunner to try and find you... is this you? (see pic below)

I didn't want to add you until I was sure, it says that Astra Tuberunner is level 1..I got a little confused, I thought you were level 50, lol

Hope this helps,
Pam

P.S. I am Dearestsoul on AW, you can add me if you'd like
Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
YadyYadyYady

yadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the wait
yadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the waityadyram is worth the wait

Hi Pam..
That is me.
Thanks for the help. I sent you a friend request.
Yours shows that you are a level 1 also. I don't quite get why. Maybe that's a generic symbol for all.
If you add me, you can see the 50 next to Astra Tuberunner's name.
I hope to see you sometime.
And thank you, again for the help. Sometimes I don't dare touch anything I'm unsure of.
yadyram is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bad wolf, tigergirl1331