Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
dancemagic88
Gifted
dancemagic88 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Adults be honest!!!

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
Well, I buy mine online mostly, so I don't get asked. But if I were asked, I would say "They're mine! All mine! And you can't have any!" and then I'd give an evil laugh.

Probably I wouldn't get asked again.
hahahaha lol
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
theDuckyWI
Gift Guru

the Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
Well, I buy mine online mostly, so I don't get asked. But if I were asked, I would say "They're mine! All mine! And you can't have any!" and then I'd give an evil laugh.

Probably I wouldn't get asked again.
lol...I love it! I usually have my kids in tow when I'm buying webkinz (or anything else for that matter), so the clerks usually assume they're all for the kids. Every once in awhile someone will ask my kids which webkinz are for them, and they'll say "the.....is for me, the.....is for my sister, ......is for mom and .....is for dad" and then I usually get a really weird look and no more questions.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #13
cacaoxlacte

*sighs* okay, sometimes I murmur stuff about my cousins lol! And im not that old....but I feel like a little kid in hallmark ! LOL!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
Gifted
LindaBear is a jewel in the roughLindaBear is a jewel in the rough

LOL at what larkrose said in here post and its funny. Well I always say they are for me and that also I would love to buy some for my neices. BUt sometimes I still wonder if my neices would like the webkinz or not. My one neice looked at a paper of a webkinz the chocolate lab and said wow that is one cute Doggie . --- So I asked her if she would want me to buy her a webkinz she is like I dunno ask mommy, -- Her mommy is my older sister.

Speaking of webkinz my neices didn't buy a gift for their friend yet who is turning 8 and I was going to mention why don't buy her a webkinz that would be a great gift. But I kept silent like a ghost who doesnt haunt. I have no clue what they bought their friend.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #15
Sambina73
Gift Guru

sambina73 is a glorious beacon of lightsambina73 is a glorious beacon of light

O.K. So I think I'm the worst!! I went to the store the other day to buy a box (you read right!)...a BOX of trading cards. Now I normally say nothing because really it's no one's business. But, I found myself muttering these really inane things. "Well uh..there uh...for, you know, uh...a birthday party. Yeah, a birthday party! Uhhh (I'm a really bad liar- ask my kids!)...we're having a birthday party...lotsa kids...uhmmm..about 20 (up to now all this is true!)... and we uhmmm are giving cards as uhh... party favors (LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!) Yeah, uhhmmmm... the party favors at the birthday party (Oh yeah I was that smooth!)" And you know what, I got back to my car and thought to myself..Hey that's a great idea- we are having that many Webkinz-loving kids at our house for a party in a weeks time, and we would probably spend about the same amount of money on favors anyway!! The trouble is, how on earth could I ever part with even one pack of trading cards....I'd be thinking..Oh there goes an Ultra-Mod TV..OOH maybe that one has a free virtual pet! Of course THIS TIME I would send my HD to get the box LOL!!
Old 06-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #16
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

well..ive only bought one for myself...just so that i could make lots of kinzcash and buy things for my daughter. but if someone would have asked me when i bought it i would have told them it was for me. i know several moms at my daughters school that have one for the same reason i do.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #17
coconut

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
well..ive only bought one for myself...just so that i could make lots of kinzcash and buy things for my daughter. but if someone would have asked me when i bought it i would have told them it was for me. i know several moms at my daughters school that have one for the same reason i do.
we've all started there (oh, this is just to make kinzcash for my kids...). But now it's way beyond that! Just being part of WI is a dead giveaway. lol
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #18
redwallpaper1
Gift Guru

redwallpaper will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sambina73
O.K. So I think I'm the worst!! I went to the store the other day to buy a box (you read right!)...a BOX of trading cards. Now I normally say nothing because really it's no one's business. But, I found myself muttering these really inane things. "Well uh..there uh...for, you know, uh...a birthday party. Yeah, a birthday party! Uhhh (I'm a really bad liar- ask my kids!)...we're having a birthday party...lotsa kids...uhmmm..about 20 (up to now all this is true!)... and we uhmmm are giving cards as uhh... party favors (LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!) Yeah, uhhmmmm... the party favors at the birthday party (Oh yeah I was that smooth!)" And you know what, I got back to my car and thought to myself..Hey that's a great idea- we are having that many Webkinz-loving kids at our house for a party in a weeks time, and we would probably spend about the same amount of money on favors anyway!! The trouble is, how on earth could I ever part with even one pack of trading cards....I'd be thinking..Oh there goes an Ultra-Mod TV..OOH maybe that one has a free virtual pet! Of course THIS TIME I would send my HD to get the box LOL!!
LOL!!! That's the best!! I can just picture someone giving a kid a pack of trading cards, but not being able to let go of them...LOL...That whole thing about the party was pretty smooth.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
I ♥ being
Gifted

WebkinzFanx3 will become famous soon enough

LOLL I LIKE THAT LAST STORY!!! LOL yea i am in high skool and i am sooo embarrased to buy them so i had my little sis go buy them for me (as a bargain she got to keep my chocolate lab =[) but.. the lady at the check out probably noticed the teen in the back pacing and constantly looking over with a creepy (webkinz obsessed grin) LOL she didnt kno me so i guess it doesnt matter but still..=]
Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
Mommytofifi
Gift Guru

Mommytofifi will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by redwallpaper
Okay I am a young adult who loves webkinz I know there are a lot of us here (that's why I love this site) I want to know if any adults here have ever lied at the checkout counter and said you were buying the webkinz for your kids, nieces, nephews...whatever....when really it was for you. This happened to me the other day and it was pretty funny.
I'm 35 years old and married with 3 kids, I have NO problem saying I'm buying them for myself.
Closed