Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Discussion Zone

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell
Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Sophii's Season 1 Round 2 Discussion thread

How's this for a start?

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

To tie our pictures together, we both posed in a park that was what we imagined from our pieces. *insert sentence from Starla* Primavera Portena is a tango, so I am dancing by myself (this does not mean I am willing to dance with a partner, nor does it mean that I am bright, like spring).

I think I might try to make my border a little thicker.
Harriet is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

That looks nice, Harriet.
"Starla saw the sunlight streaming through the barely budding trees of early spring and joyously (eagerly?) set out a picnic."
Then maybe something like, Starla hopes her BFF Ethel will come over and bring her music...?
Looks like we're getting close!
WetNose is offline Female
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #23

Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell
Harriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tellHarriet has too much Rep to tell

These are the requirements:
9. Include a three-sentence description with your pic that summarizes the following items:
A. The piece and season you were assigned and what approach you think the creator of your piece takes to that season.
B. A description of how you took that same approach in your pic.
C. How you coordinated your picture with your partner's.

I've asked Sophie if we can have a six sentence description if we choose to hae our pictures on the same post, so I'm waiting to hear back from her. If we have six sentences, we could do something like this:

Starla and I were assigned spring, so tie our pictures together, we both posed in a park that was what we imagined from our pieces. Primavera Portena is a tango, and is written like it's bright and sunny, so I am dancing by myself in the growing flowers (this does not mean I am willing to dance with a partner, nor does it mean that I am bright, like spring).

Then you would have your three sentences meeting the requirements.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #24
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for the reminder - I'd overlooked the part about three sentences.

"Starla and I were assigned an oil painting on display in the Moscow State Museum: "Spring" by Konstantin Korovin, 1917, an important year in Russian history. I think the artist, naming his work "Spring" but painting early spring when the sunlight still comes at a low angle and there is mud and trees still not leafed out, put his subjects at a picnic table to show hope and eagerness. Starla is expressing hope and eagerness for spring and renewal, her yellow cloak representing the sunshine and her hat spring itself, wishing her BFF Ethel will come picnic with her and bring her lovely music."

Three long sentences!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #25

That looks great! I'm going to add a sentence to mine, since I only have two sentences, and then I think we'll be about ready to post! Sophie said it's fine for us to have six sentences in the same post, if you want to do that. I kind of like them side by side, what do you think looks best?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #26
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

I think either way would be good. If you prefer side-by-side then I'd go along - would you be posting it then, plus the six sentences?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #27

You can post it if you like, I really don't mind. Here are the sentences all together (Ethel speaks in slate grey).

"Starla and I were assigned an oil painting on display in the Moscow State Museum: "Spring" by Konstantin Korovin, 1917, an important year in Russian history. I think the artist, naming his work "Spring" but painting early spring when the sunlight still comes at a low angle and there is mud and trees still not leafed out, put his subjects at a picnic table to show hope and eagerness. Starla is expressing hope and eagerness for spring and renewal, her yellow cloak representing the sunshine and her hat spring itself, wishing her BFF Ethel will come picnic with her and bring her lovely music."
Starla and I were assigned spring, so tie our pictures together, we both posed in a park that was what we imagined from our pieces. Primavera Portena is a tango, so the rhythm is pretty upbeat. I thought the composer wrote it as bright and sunny, with everything trying to happen at once, so I am dancing by myself in the growing flowers (this does not mean I am willing to dance with a partner, nor does it mean that I am bright, like spring).
Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Harriet
You can post it if you like, I really don't mind. Here are the sentences all together (Ethel speaks in slate grey).

"Starla was assigned an oil painting on display in the Moscow State Museum: "Spring" by Konstantin Korovin, 1917, an important year in Russian history. I think the artist, naming his work "Spring" but painting early spring when the sunlight still comes at a low angle and there is mud and trees still not leafed out, put his subjects at a picnic table to show hope and eagerness. Starla is expressing hope and eagerness for spring and renewal, her yellow cloak representing the sunshine and her hat spring itself, wishing her BFF Ethel will come picnic with her and bring her lively music."
Starla and I were assigned spring, so tie our pictures together, we both posed in a park that was what we imagined from our pieces. Primavera Portena is a tango, so the rhythm is pretty upbeat. I thought the composer wrote it as bright and sunny, with everything trying to happen at once, so I am dancing by myself in the growing flowers (this does not mean I am willing to dance with a partner, nor does it mean that I am bright, like spring).
Oh I don't know, Harriet, you seem pretty bright to me!
I think I'll change my text to just "Starla was assigned..." and change music to lively instead of lovely (which i did in quote above)
Should your part start with "Ethel was assigned (music piece name) and to tie with Starla's, we both posed...etc"?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #29

Oh, sorry, when I do descriptions, I speak from the pet's point of view, and Ethel is kind of a 'lone wolf' kind of gal.

I'll fix that now.

Starla was assigned an oil painting on display in the Moscow State Museum: "Spring" by Konstantin Korovin, 1917, an important year in Russian history. I think the artist, naming his work "Spring" but painting early spring when the sunlight still comes at a low angle and there is mud and trees still not leafed out, put his subjects at a picnic table to show hope and eagerness. Starla is expressing hope and eagerness for spring and renewal, her yellow cloak representing the sunshine and her hat spring itself, wishing her BFF Ethel will come picnic with her and bring her lively music.
Ethel and Starla were assigned spring, so to tie their pictures together, they both posed in a park that was what we imagined from our pieces. Primavera Portena is a tango, so the rhythm is pretty upbeat. Ethel thought the composer wrote it as bright and sunny, with everything trying to happen at once, so she grudgingly danced by herself in the growing flowers (this does not mean she is willing to dance with a partner, nor does it mean that she has a sunny disposition, like spring).
Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

I think it's nice what you've done. (I hope you didn't change and have Ethel say anything a lone wolf wouldn't.) I would appreciate you posting if you have time because I don't have a way to do them side-by-side like you did. Starla can talk in Dark Red, just to be different from Ethel.
Thank you so much, Harriet! You are a great person to be partnered with.
Janet
Closed