Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Discussion Zone

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard
sophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzard

Default Re: Emma's WNTM Season 10 Discussion Thread ~ Team Sherrylaine!

I might do either The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate or Esperanza Rising. For Esperanza Rising I could use the Summer Sun Dress from WKN but I don't know what else I would use since she isn't wearing any shoes or anything. I could edit her up in the sky and use blue wallpaper and green flooring and throw some red roses in there since she's holding red roses. My worry with this is it probably wouldn't be seen as creative.

For Calpurnia I could do a yellow dress and black shoes, and maybe a red headpiece, since the title is red. Or I could use the Zodiac Earth Headpiece since there are vines all around her. I would probably take the pic outside but I don't know how to incorporate the vines, animals, bugs, and scientific stuff that are around her in the background. Not to mention that Sienna's sort of reluctant about this one---
Th-there is n-n-no way that I am p-posing on a b-background that has anything t-t-to do with b-bugs!
Um...yeah. Anyway.

Another thought I had was to do Crispin---the Cross of Lead by Avi. The cover has lots of gold, dark blue, and black. I will look for clothing pieces to match this. In the background of the cover there are people with torches and I was thinking (crazy idea, I know) to use the Dragon's Fire (from the quest) in the background. The gold would match and so would the fire.

My other idea (a lot of them, I know) would be to do the Hundred Dresses and put Sienna in some sort of blue dress with small edited versions of her above.

Any thoughts and help from Sherrylaine or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I'm starting to think that Crispin would be a good idea. I would do a very poor-looking outfit, since he's a poor boy. I would probably do the dark shades to hide my eyes from people chasing me, with the black t-shirt and jeans. I'm debating whether or not to go barefoot. It would be a risk, but it would be exciting, and it would look poor. I'm not sure how to implement the cross in the picture, that he's holding. I could use the dragon's fire even though it's random or I could just edit the fire itself several times in the background and find some other way to use the gold.

Last edited by sophii8; 08-06-2013 at 08:14 PM..
sophii8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

I'll likely end up doing one of the Lord of the Rings books. There's like a billion different covers to choose from. xD
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #23
ell, you're
Gifted

Jojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guideJojii is a golden guide

I'm thinking about doing some books I used to really love when I was younger...
Maybe Mysterious Benedict Society, if anybody's read that and has any ideas.
Jojii is offline Female
Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard
sophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by Jojii
Omigosh I love Mysterious Benedict Society! But I don't know what you'd do for the cover, though.

OK, I think I've decided to do Crispin. I will try to get a draft in by tomorrow.

Last edited by sophii8; 08-07-2013 at 12:07 AM..
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
I have a Record!
Gifted

webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds
webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds

I'm planning on dressing like Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series
webkinzgangz is offline Female
Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #26
Webkinz :)

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

Kyra, do you think Emma would appreciate the risk in this idea: I'm thinking of doing the Silmarillion (cover below) and I'd have Smudge do the "flip" pose wearing green, blue, and white against a totally black background with no props. Then I could edit in the title with white lettering. I think it would look cool, but a propless background is a risk some don't appreciate.
Spoiler: show
Click the image to open in full size.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzgangz
Aren't we supposed to just represent a book cover, though? I don't remember any Percy Jackson books with Annabeth on the cover.
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #27
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

Hey guys! I just woke up and I'm on my phone, after I eat breakfast and walk the dog I'll get on the computer to organize this thread and reply to all the new posts!

Hi, y'all. Josie and Tate here.

Hi everybody! My name is Tate and I am so so so so super-duper excited to be on this team and to do WNTMing and stuff because I'm brand new at it and yeah! I like to dance and stuff and talk and yeah and I'm going into the second grade next year! Yay me aren't I super-duper old? Josie thinks I'm a little young to handle the "criticism and rejection" that comes with WNTMing but I don't really know what either of those words mean and I'm a good model who got on a team and everything! Bye!
Welcome Tate! I'm so excited you chose team Sherrylaine and I just love your style! As I think I said in my short critique after accepting you, you may face some challenges with that unique body color, so if you need any help with how to overcome that, let me know! I also really like the background you chose for your outfit - other than the zingoz in the corner which is a tad distracting, everything works wonderfully with your outfit!

Last edited by webkinzlover400; 08-07-2013 at 09:21 AM..
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by dragonkid07
Kyra, do you think Emma would appreciate the risk in this idea: I'm thinking of doing the Silmarillion (cover below) and I'd have Smudge do the "flip" pose wearing green, blue, and white against a totally black background with no props. Then I could edit in the title with white lettering. I think it would look cool, but a propless background is a risk some don't appreciate.

Aren't we supposed to just represent a book cover, though? I don't remember any Percy Jackson books with Annabeth on the cover.
I think that would be a TOTALLY. AWESOME. MEMORABLE. outfit. Just sayin'.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

View Post Originally Posted by panda886
Kyra might be able to help you work it out. I had a round a couple seasons back where the models had to portray book covers. Except, I assigned them specific covers.

Here's the link to that round, for anyone who would like to get some inspiration from how those models did their pictures.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...w-your-748312/
Thanks for the recourse Emma

View Post Originally Posted by sophii8
Most definitely not what I was expecting...and now I have no idea what to do. Any help on brainstorming a good book to do would be appreciated.
View Post Originally Posted by sophii8
I might do either The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate or Esperanza Rising. For Esperanza Rising I could use the Summer Sun Dress from WKN but I don't know what else I would use since she isn't wearing any shoes or anything. I could edit her up in the sky and use blue wallpaper and green flooring and throw some red roses in there since she's holding red roses. My worry with this is it probably wouldn't be seen as creative.

For Calpurnia I could do a yellow dress and black shoes, and maybe a red headpiece, since the title is red. Or I could use the Zodiac Earth Headpiece since there are vines all around her. I would probably take the pic outside but I don't know how to incorporate the vines, animals, bugs, and scientific stuff that are around her in the background. Not to mention that Sienna's sort of reluctant about this one---
Th-there is n-n-no way that I am p-posing on a b-background that has anything t-t-to do with b-bugs!
Um...yeah. Anyway.

Another thought I had was to do Crispin---the Cross of Lead by Avi. The cover has lots of gold, dark blue, and black. I will look for clothing pieces to match this. In the background of the cover there are people with torches and I was thinking (crazy idea, I know) to use the Dragon's Fire (from the quest) in the background. The gold would match and so would the fire.

My other idea (a lot of them, I know) would be to do the Hundred Dresses and put Sienna in some sort of blue dress with small edited versions of her above.

Any thoughts and help from Sherrylaine or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I'm starting to think that Crispin would be a good idea. I would do a very poor-looking outfit, since he's a poor boy. I would probably do the dark shades to hide my eyes from people chasing me, with the black t-shirt and jeans. I'm debating whether or not to go barefoot. It would be a risk, but it would be exciting, and it would look poor. I'm not sure how to implement the cross in the picture, that he's holding. I could use the dragon's fire even though it's random or I could just edit the fire itself several times in the background and find some other way to use the gold.
Crispin sounds like a very interesting book to do! I really like the idea of putting that fire piece into the background and going bearfoot could work for this photo. I also agree that you should probably be using some black pieces in the photo, but perhaps you could think about incorporating some dark greens and blues (pretty sure there are dark blue pants in the w-shop). It looks like he's running through the forest at night, so you could tie that into your outfit a bit. Feel free to post a very rough draft - even only an outfit or a few pieces you're thinking about using

Ooh my sister loves that book! If you post a picture of the cover you'd like to do, I can help you brainstorm some colors you'd like to do. Looking at the variety of covers on google images, a lot of them have a sort of pastelly look - whites, greys, greens, toned down red, and light blue.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzgangz
The Percy Jackson books have some amazing covers, so thats a great start! However, I don't recall Annabeth being on any of those covers. Perhaps you can go look at the different covers and see if any of them have a color theme that stands out to you?

I'll likely end up doing one of the Lord of the Rings books. There's like a billion different covers to choose from. xD
That cover looks like a really good one to do - its got an interesting color scheme and pattern I like the idea of using green blue and white clothing - maybe you could also wear a black belt to represent the dividers in the pattern. I think this is the perfect picture for some color blocking - it would help capture the stained glass patterny feeling.

Going with a plain background is a risk, but It could work for this photo. You could also try to do a two color background (wall and flooring) maybe with black and dark blue, and if you do want to include props, perhaps some small upright plants or other greeny/blue items on each side (since the pattern sort of looks like it has water-lilies and lilypads in it), partially cropped off, to act as a border? I don't know for sure if that would work, but its something to try if you like the idea.

I don't know why, but that cover makes me think of the lilypad room theme, lol. If you go to this page in the wiki Lily Pad Theme - Webkinz Insider Wiki, the edges of the butterfly chair and Will 'O the Wisp Floor Lamp strike me as something that would make a cool border. Since you are allowed to edit your background, you could even crop those wings and just move them around to the position you want them.

This applies to everyone - if you've decided what book you'd like to do, could you please post a picture of it so I can put it on the front page? That way, everyone knows what everyone else is doing and they'll be better able to make suggestions later on.

Last edited by webkinzlover400; 08-07-2013 at 09:50 AM..
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #30
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard

Quote:
Crispin sounds like a very interesting book to do! I really like the idea of putting that fire piece into the background and going bearfoot could work for this photo. I also agree that you should probably be using some black pieces in the photo, but perhaps you could think about incorporating some dark greens and blues (pretty sure there are dark blue pants in the w-shop). It looks like he's running through the forest at night, so you could tie that into your outfit a bit. Feel free to post a very rough draft - even only an outfit or a few pieces you're thinking about using

This applies to everyone - if you've decided what book you'd like to do, could you please post it so I can put it on the front page? That way, everyone knows what everyone else is doing and they'll be better able to make suggestions later on.
Do you think that using the fire would be too random? I'll probably just edit it into the background. I'm thinking of doing either the dark shades, some green tshirt (maybe camo?), and jeans, going barefoot, and maybe a black belt. But since the cover has a gold border should I wear a gold belt...or just photoshop a gold border and text to look like the cover? I also don't know how to incorporate the cross, which is a big part of the book and the cover.
Closed

Tags
#jojii, good luck from hyzzy!, good luck! -team hyzzy, goodluckfromteamluke(:, jude was here, let's do this guys!, luke<3teamsherrylaine, ohmydonuts