Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Discussion Zone

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

Default Emma's WNTM Season 10 Discussion Thread ~ Team Sherrylaine!

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Team Sherrylaine

Hey Everyone! Thank you all for choosing my team!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome to the Team! My name is Sherrylaine, and I am the winner of last season's wntm! I'm excited to have been given this opportunity to work with you all and I hope to do my best to help you! This is the thread where you will be able to discuss with me and your teammates the assignments you receive on the main WNTM thread each round! Although you do not need to get my final approval before posting a photoshoot, it is highly encouraged to get opinions and work on it with me if you can

A Few Rules and Guidelines:

1. please be respectful of your team mates. While you are allowed to congratulate and comfort them and providing ideas and suggestions is highly encouraged, you may not tease, bully, or harshly criticize them in any way. We are here to work together

2.Please be respectful of me (Sherrylaine). I will do my best to help you improve, but if you don't like one of my suggestions, you need only say so. I also cannot guarentee that when I like your photo, Emma will also like your photo.

3. please try to keep me and/or the people on this thread updated on your schedule and anything that might keep you from working on your photo for a few days - this is essential to us working together. Make sure to let Emma know too if you will be away!

4. feel free to chat and joke around a bit, but don't overdo it to the point of it being spam.

5. Have fun!

Team Members

Tate the Hip Hop Rabbit (Jojii)
Smudge the Domino Cat (dragonkid07)
Marigold the lil'Canary (webkinzgangz)
Sienna the Red Panda (sophii
Calliope the Small Sig. Golden Retriever (EvergreenRose)
Cotton Candy the Rabbit (maddy55426)
Ebie the Hopping Bunny (sportslover)
Sno Bel the Yorkie (Jude2221)
Kiara the Tree Kangaroo (Harriet)

1) Sparx the Diamond Doggy (Frankie)
2) Rocky the Husky (d)
3) Zelda the Cape Mountain Zebra (WetNose)

Assignments/Rounds

Assignment 1 - enter this wntm - congrats you've all done this
Spoiler: show
Casting:
Info:
Quote:
Much like WNTM War, there will be teams. When you enter, I will send your picture to the three team leaders. They will not know who the model is or who their owner is; all they will see is the picture and the model will be referred to by their Webkinz type and a number. They will then say yes or no to the model. If they say yes, they will need to try and convince you to join their team. If they say no, they’ll give a little feedback on your picture. I will then PM these answers to you. If more than one leader wants you on their team, you will need to let me know which team you are choosing. If only one wants you, then you are automatically on that team. If none want you, see rule 5 below. Once each team has at least eight members or we reach a certain deadline (likely the first week in August), preliminaries will begin. There will be hopefully only one round of prelims where each team will be narrowed down to five models for a total of fifteen models in the competition. Then we’ll get into the actual rounds. Each round, only one model total will be sent home. I’m hoping to make it to the top three and have one from each team left, but that may not happen. You will work with your team leader on the discussion zone thread to create the best picture possible. Your teammates may chip in feedback but the pictures need to be mostly your creation. And you never know… There may be a shake-up of the teams at some point. May the best team and model win!
Pictures in? Everyone

Assignment 2 [OPTIONAL]
In order to get to know each other, it would be great if each of you could post your casting picture and a quick description of your style on this thread as well anything else I need to know! In addition, I would love to see any other photos you've done so I can get a better feel for your style! If you'd like some practice, let me know any time and I can give you a challenge! Lets get ready to compete!

Assignment 3
Prelim Round 1:
Info
Quote:
Prelims Assignment: Hi, models, Sadie here! It's going to be fun to start judging. During casting, Janie and I got to relax and watch Hyzzy, Sherrylaine, and Luke do all the critiquing. Let's get down to business, shall we? Our host is the resident bookworm or, as she likes to call herself, a bibliobibule (which means someone who reads too much). You will each choose your favorite book or any book really, as long as it's appropriate. Your assignment is to portray the cover through your picture. Whether you replicate it in Webkinz-form or use the colors or something else is up to you. Just make sure it's clear that you're portraying that book's cover. Make sure to post the cover art along with your picture! Background editing is allowed and you may edit clothing this round, but let's not go overboard. If you rely simply on editing, your picture won't be as good as it could be. We'd like to see these pictures in by...August 22, 7 PM KT, please.
Pictures in Smudge, Tate, Calliope, Marigold, Sienna, Ebie, Sno Bel

Assignment 4
Round 1:
Info
Quote:
Hey, y'all, Janie here! There are so many modelin' pieces that are very overused. They seem so old that I can't help but think in critiques that they might drag down the overall picture just a bit. This round, you'll each be choosin' one overused clothin' piece (no more than one, okay?) and makin' it look new in an outfit. There will be a list below of the pieces, but if your team leaders/mentors have any suggestions, listen to them! These outfits need to be fresh and new, not cliche, and this is really a time to let your personal style shine. Good complimentary backgrounds are expected, so don't neglect that picture aspect. The deadline is September 10, 8 PM KT.

Overused Modeling Pieces We'd Like to See You Use
May Makeover Circlet
Jeans (of any style)
Powder Blue Skirt
Ruffled Skirt
Flip-Flops
Rhinestone Flats
Ruby Slippers
Any bow
Daisy Hair Clip
Dark Shades
White Hollywood Sunglasses
Beautiful Blue Ball Gown
Glass Slippers
Pictures in

Assignment 5
Round 2:
Info
Quote:
Round Two: So as some of the contestants correctly guessed, Shakespeare is playing a part in this round's theme. (And for Team Sherrylaine, Kenneth Branagh was the correct person on your list. He has directed and starred in several adaptations of Shakespearean plays.) You will each be assigned a character from one of Shakespeare's play. You'll be expected to do a little research on them (every character should have a Wikipedia page). How you portray them is up to you, but you don't need to particularly stay true to an historical period or overly modernize them. Create backgrounds that evoke the theme of the play, the scene you're using, or just your character in general. Minimal clothing editing will be allowed. Could we try to have pictures in by September 23rd, 11:30 PM KT? BTW, assignments will be below in your team lists.

Assignment 6
Quote:
Round Three: We were hoping to have you fooled, but you're too smart! Disney songs are the theme for this round. You're each going to be assigned one to portray. You must portray the song, NOT the movie. How you choose to portray that song is up to you. Maybe you'll show the scene from the movie. Perhaps a snippet of the lyrics or the lyrics as a whole. That part is completely your choice.

Any questions? Oh, no clothing editing this round! Background editing, as always, is fair game. Deadline is October 10, 11:30 PM KT. Please get to work ASAP so you can take full advantage of your mentors' feedback.

Assignment 7:
Quote:
Round Five: Okay, I'm really excited for this round. The team shake-up was fun (which, not only is the theme referenced in the title, but so is the reassignments), but now let's get into your assignment.
As was guessed several times, the theme is Taylor Swift songs. But not her songs in general; no, you're each going to be assigned a few lyrics to portray. As long as your picture fits the lyric, you can do whatever you please. Now let's get into assignments. By the way, your songs were chosen completely at random. I just went through my Taylor Swift playlist and blindly chose songs. Sadie, take it away!

Smudge: "I'm captivated by you, baby, like a firework show.
Drop everything now,
Meet me in the pouring rain" (Sparks Fly)

Calliope: "I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
Race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs
I love you to the moon and back" (Ronan)

Hershey: "He said the way my blue eyes shine
Put those Georgia stars to shame that night
I said: "'That's a lie'" (Tim McGraw)

Bastet: "Can't remember what song he was playing when we walked in
The night we snuck into a yacht club party
Pretending to be a duchess and a prince" (Starlight)

Zelda: "She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time." (You Belong With Me)

Rocky: "The battle's in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you said you'd rather love than fight.
So many things that you wished I knew,
But the story of us might be ending soon." (The Story of Us)

Ciana: "And all my walls stood tall painted blue
And I'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you
And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies
The beautiful kind, making up for lost time,
Taking flight, making me feel like, like" (Everything Has Changed)

Sparx: "You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray
And I stood there loving you and wished them all away
And you come away with a great little story
Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you" (Cold As You)

Kiara: "I bet this time of night you're still up.
I bet you're tired from a long hard week.
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city." (I Almost Do)

Sienna: "Time slows down
Whenever you're around." (Today Was a Fairytale)

Last edited by webkinzlover400; 11-06-2013 at 11:34 PM..
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

Default Re: Emma's WNTM Season 10 Discussion Thread ~ Team Sherrylaine!

Zelda -
Quote:
Zelda: "She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time." (You Belong With Me)
Rocky -
Quote:
"The battle's in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you said you'd rather love than fight.
So many things that you wished I knew,
But the story of us might be ending soon." (The Story of Us)
Sparx -
Quote:
"You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray
And I stood there loving you and wished them all away
And you come away with a great little story
Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you" (Cold As You)

Last edited by webkinzlover400; 11-06-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
I Need TS6
Webkinz :)

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

Reserved for future use.

Last edited by panda886; 11-04-2013 at 10:19 PM..
panda886 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard
sophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzard

I'll get this up soon

Hey Y'all! Sienna here. I was sooo excited when I got accepted to this team. I have to say, Sherrylaine is a real role model for me. Haha, get it, role "model"? This is my first WNTM. It is also Sophii's first WNTM. She was very nervous when entering because of the limited wardrobe she has for me (yeah, like, NO rare or deluxe clothes whatsoever) but I pulled through and created this gorgeous outfit:
I LOVE using unexpected colors, but not when they clash (ew.) I have a crazy and funky style and I am not afraid to take risks. I hope that working on this team will help me develop my style even more. Since this is my first WNTM, I don't really have any other pictures, but I will post some of my pictures I created before deciding on my final outfit for this one:
This was my first idea, that morphed into my final picture. I took a risk in using the hat, but I figured it might be better to have a more coordinated outfit. Since the judges don't know my personality yet.
I put together this outfit, and I actually really liked it, but I decided not to use it mostly because I couldn't figure out a good background for it.
This outfit really shows my personality, but I figured that Emma and the mentors wouldn't really like it since it wasn't that color coordinated and they didn't know my personality yet. I have terrible fear of bugs and spiders and I hate vegetables. I can wear skirts and dresses as well as pants, as long as they are interesting and not dull and expected. I don't like wearing brown even though that's the color of my fur. If I have to, I will, but I also think it's a boring color.
-Sienna

I'm super excited for this, and even though I probably won't get very far, I'm glad to have this experience. -Sophii

Last edited by sophii8; 08-06-2013 at 12:12 PM..
sophii8 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #5

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

Yay, the discussion thread is up! Smudge and I are pumped to be on your team, Kyra!

Here's Smudge's casting picture:

Hey, I'm Smudge. I'm Dragon's newest model, so I've only done four pictures. You probably recognize me 'cuz I'm judging Dragon's WNTM this season, but hopefully you didn't recognize me in casting. A bit about me: Though I'm fairly new to modelling, I'd say my biggest asset is my versitality. I can wear sweats and a hoodie one round and a fancy dress the next. I'm pretty easygoing, but I have a couple quirks: I have a weird fascination with martial arts (and am highly trained in eight different ones) and I love romance novels. When I model I like to use an interesting pose whenever possible, as you'll see from a couple of my pictures below.

Some other pictures I've done:

This last one isn't my favourite, though it did get me first place in the round I entered it for.
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by sophii8
I'll get this up soon

Hey Y'all! Sienna here. I was sooo excited when I got accepted to this team. I have to say, Sherrylaine is a real role model for me. Haha, get it, role "model"? This is my first WNTM. It is also Sophii's first WNTM. She was very nervous when entering because of the limited wardrobe she has for me (yeah, like, NO rare or deluxe clothes whatsoever) but I pulled through and created this gorgeous outfit:
I LOVE using unexpected colors, but not when they clash (ew.) I have a crazy and funky style and I am not afraid to take risks. I hope that working on this team will help me develop my style even more. Since this is my first WNTM, I don't really have any other pictures, but I will post some of my pictures I created before deciding on my final outfit for this one:
This was my first idea, that morphed into my final picture. I took a risk in using the hat, but I figured it might be better to have a more coordinated outfit. Since the judges don't know my personality yet.
I put together this outfit, and I actually really liked it, but I decided not to use it mostly because I couldn't figure out a good background for it.
This outfit really shows my personality, but I figured that Emma and the mentors wouldn't really like it since it wasn't that color coordinated and they didn't know my personality yet. I have terrible fear of bugs and spiders and I hate vegetables. I can wear skirts and dresses as well as pants, as long as they are interesting and not dull and expected. I don't like wearing brown even though that's the color of my fur. If I have to, I will, but I also think it's a boring color.
-Sienna

I'm super excited for this, and even though I probably won't get very far, I'm glad to have this experience. -Sophii

Hey Sienna!!! Welcome! Gorgeous is right! I loved that outfit you created. The way you coordinated the glasses and the belt and then made it work with the blacks and whites and grays - I knew I was going to say yes right away! Thank you for choosing Team Sherrylaine!

As for the second picture, I think you were right to use the one you ended up using, but that one has promise I love how that purple hat sits your head, so we'll have to keep that in mind as a piece to use in the future! It definitely fits your style. Maybe if you have time, try looking around for some possible pants or shoes that also have the dark or the light purple in them. Its always good to have a few outfits in store - every now and then when I see a round theme, I can go my "outfits to use folder" and I'll already have made the perfect one!

The third outfit has potential too - That hat with that dress is an interesting combination - perhaps you could experiment with a few other shoes. Those gray shoes look good, but image in you added some shoes that are a little more bright - it might give the whole outfit that zing that your first outfit has. You're right that its hard to find a background for...I'm thinking maybe a solid one color background with maybe one prop could work. Sometimes using a simple background can help your outfit make a stronger statement.

The third outfit is super funky xD It looks like an outfit i might have put together when I was first starting.I think you're right that its a bit too uncoordinated - but I definitely wouldn't take all the fun pieces out. Maybe you could try creating a funky outfit with just the shirt and the shoes, and then look for some dark blue pants to match the shirt

Dont worry about not having many deluxe and/or rare clothing items! I didn't have many when I started either and I still don't have many of them. It can actually be a good thing to have limits, because it makes you more creative!

Super excited to have you on the team!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonkid07
Yay, the discussion thread is up! Smudge and I are pumped to be on your team, Kyra!

Here's Smudge's casting picture:

Hey, I'm Smudge. I'm Dragon's newest model, so I've only done four pictures. You probably recognize me 'cuz I'm judging Dragon's WNTM this season, but hopefully you didn't recognize me in casting. A bit about me: Though I'm fairly new to modelling, I'd say my biggest asset is my versitality. I can wear sweats and a hoodie one round and a fancy dress the next. I'm pretty easygoing, but I have a couple quirks: I have a weird fascination with martial arts (and am highly trained in eight different ones) and I love romance novels. When I model I like to use an interesting pose whenever possible, as you'll see from a couple of my pictures below.

Some other pictures I've done:

This last one isn't my favourite, though it did get me first place in the round I entered it for.
Welcome Smudge! I'm delighted that you chose my team because I love the calamity and grace you showed in your casting picture. Looking at your other photos, you are quite versatile and that makes me admire you even more! I absolutely love that middle photoshoot you posted - the one where you are laying down in the zen room! You seem to have a very good feel for using the pose that works the best for each photo.

That last photo looks just like something my brother Goth would do xD If you have time and still have the pieces to that outfit, maybe you could try switching out the green shirt and using a brown one (if you can find one). I feel like that would just complete the photo wonderfully by matching the sandal straps and tree trunk!

Welcome to Team Sherrylaine!

Last edited by webkinzlover400; 08-06-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #7

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

Thanks, Kyra!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard
sophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover400
Hey Sienna!!! Welcome! Gorgeous is right! I loved that outfit you created. The way you coordinated the glasses and the belt and then made it work with the blacks and whites and grays - I knew I was going to say yes right away! Thank you for choosing Team Sherrylaine!

As for the second picture, I think you were right to use the one you ended up using, but that one has promise I love how that purple hat sits your head, so we'll have to keep that in mind as a piece to use in the future! It definitely fits your style. Maybe if you have time, try looking around for some possible pants or shoes that also have the dark or the light purple in them. Its always good to have a few outfits in store - every now and then when I see a round theme, I can go my "outfits to use folder" and I'll already have made the perfect one!

The third outfit has potential too - That hat with that dress is an interesting combination - perhaps you could experiment with a few other shoes. Those gray shoes look good, but image in you added some shoes that are a little more bright - it might give the whole outfit that zing that your first outfit has. You're right that its hard to find a background for...I'm thinking maybe a solid one color background with maybe one prop could work. Sometimes using a simple background can help your outfit make a stronger statement.

The third outfit is super funky xD It looks like an outfit i might have put together when I was first starting.I think you're right that its a bit too uncoordinated - but I definitely wouldn't take all the fun pieces out. Maybe you could try creating a funky outfit with just the shirt and the shoes, and then look for some dark blue pants to match the shirt

Dont worry about not having many deluxe and/or rare clothing items! I didn't have many when I started either and I still don't have many of them. It can actually be a good thing to have limits, because it makes you more creative!

Super excited to have you on the team!
Thank you so much! I'll look for matching clothing pieces for the purple hat. I do love that hat! <3

Thanks for the tips. I will look for some brighter shoes. One thing I'm worried about is Sophii not having enough rooms/furniture/Kinzcash to make good backgrounds! *sigh*

Yeah, the third outfit was kind of crazy...I will try to improve it.

I'm so excited to be on the team! Thank you so much!

Last edited by sophii8; 08-06-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #9

Actually, you can search the Wiki for clothing sorted by colour. Let me get a link for you.

Here you go:
Clothing Collections by Color - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard

Holy cow, I didn't know about this. Sorry, I'm new to this...but thank you so much Dragon!

I looked at the purple clothes list. The problem is that the purple mod hat has darker colors than a lot of the purple things. There's definitely nothing in the Kinzstyle Outlet that is the same shade. The thing that seemed like it would match the best with the hat the Glam Girl Coat which I think is from the Kinzstyle Shop. Maybe the Violet Hangaround Pants (retired) or the Road Trip Purple Hat. I don't have any of these items, unfortunately.

As far as the other outfit goes, the plaid buckle cap and the Pop Star Dress are both hard to match, because the cap is a more pinkish purple than most, and the dress is a more blueish green than most.

Last edited by sophii8; 08-06-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Closed

Tags
#jojii, good luck from hyzzy!, good luck! -team hyzzy, goodluckfromteamluke(:, jude was here, let's do this guys!, luke<3teamsherrylaine, ohmydonuts