Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Gamez in Webkinz World > DiceKinz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Gifted

LordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guide

Default DiceKinz Guide: Know Your DiceKinz Opponents (CPU or PvP) - Plus Links to Other Valuable DiceKinz Resources

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Links to Useful DiceKinz Resources:
WI Wiki Entry for DiceKinz (Thanx FIA!)
Guide to Collecting DiceKinz (Thanx Lion King!)
Quick Tutorial for Playing DiceKinz (Thanx Lion King!)

Click the image to open in full size.

In case it isn't immediately obvious - I've spent a TON of time playing DiceKinz. It's easily my favorite WebKinz game, and I've made hundreds of thousands of KinzCash dollars playing it. WI member Lion King has posted great guides for getting started playing and collecting DiceKinz (links above). I've also gathered lots of information while playing, and I've catalogued the 'computerized' opponents that appear in the DiceKinz arena, as well as the dice that they use. If any of you out there are trying to refine your technique against specific opponents, I hope you find this data useful. I'm also trying to keep a record of the dice used by any and all WI members who play DiceKinz regularly. If you're reading this and you have a "favorite set" of dice, please feel free to post them in a reply, and I'll add them to the list... ^_^

PART 1 - GENERIC OPPONENTS:
For starters, if you haven't purchased or opened ANY DiceKinz "packs" yet, you will be playing against what I call a "generic" opponent. There are many different 'names' and 'animals' you might encounter as 'generic' opponents, but they all use the SAME DICE. In fact, the dice they use are exactly the same as the dice you'll be using - the 'starter' or 'loaner' dice. The dice that both you and your 'generic' opponent will be using are: BLU Cow, BLU Golden Retriever, BLU Gray and White Cat, BLU Hippo, BLU Monkey, and BLU Rabbit.

PART 2 - SET POOL OPPONENTS:
As soon as you start opening DiceKinz dice-packs and 'collecting' your own dice, you'll never see the 'generic' opponents again. From that point on, there are twelve (12) different computer-controlled opponents that you can randomly encounter in the DiceKinz arena. Of these 12 opponents, there are seven (7) of them that I call "set pool" opponents, because they always play with the same 6 dice. Depending on your style of play, some of them may be tough as nails and others may be pushovers, but either way, you'll always know what you're up against. They are as predictable as you can get. These seven "set pool" opponents are:

DEVON the Black Bear: BLU Black Bear, RED Black Bear, GRN Chihuahua, GRN Cow, BLU Lion, and BLU Unicorn

JUMPER the Rabbit: YEL Cheeky Cat, GRN Cheeky Dog, BLU Elephant, RED Rabbit, and 2 BLU Rabbits

MELVIN the Elephant: BLU Cocker Spaniel, RED Elephant, BLU Frog, BLU Gray and White Cat, and 2 GRN Elephants

PUFFBALL the Tiger: GRN Black and White Cat, GRN Cheeky Cat, BLU Gold and White Cat, BLU Lion, BLU Rabbit, and RED Tiger

RAINBOW the Pegasus: GRN Alley Cat, RED Cheeky Monkey, BLU Horse, YEL Pegasus, BLU Pink Poodle, and BLU White Terrier

SANDY the Golden Retriever: YEL Basset Hound, BLU Chihuahua, BLU Golden Retriever, GRN St Bernard, and 2 YEL Cocker Spaniels

SCREECH the Monkey: YEL Golden Retriever, GRN Lion, RED Monkey, BLU Monkey, YEL Monkey, and GRN Monkey

PART 3 - RANDOM POOL OPPONENTS:
The other five (5) non-'generic' computer opponents you may face play with completely random dice (so far as I can tell). These five opponents are BARKLEY (the Amazing SHRINKING Cocker Spaniel), BULLET (the Unicorn), DELICAT (the Gold and White Cat), STOMPY (the St. Bernard), and VERONICA (the Grey and White Cat). I have played each of these opponents dozens of times in hundreds of matches total, and I have NEVER seen any of them use the exact same dice pool twice. At this point, I am assuming that when you play one of these opponents, the computer just randomly selects six dice for that opponent to use. They CAN pick the same dice twice (for example, using 2 RED Cow dice). I have never seen a computer opponent use THREE (3) copies of the same die in a match, but I have no reason to believe it's not possible...

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

It is important to note, however, that these opponents only use "Series 1" dice - they will not ever use "Series 2" dice at all. In fact, the ONLY computer opponent that EVER uses "Series 2" dice is RAINBOW the Pegasus (above), who uses ONLY those 6 specific "Series 2" dice. [This means that unless you are playing against RAINBOW, you will NEVER SEE a computer opponent using ANY of these (Series 2) dice, of any color: Alley Cat, Black Lab, Bull Dog, Bull Frog, Cheeky Monkey, Googles, Gorilla, Horse, Koala, Leopard, Panda, Pegasus, Persian Cat, Pink Pony, Pink Poodle, Polar Bear, Pug, Tree Frog, White Terrier, or Yorkie.] I believe that all 88 'Series 1' dice could possibly be chosen by any one of these 'random pool' opponents, but in all honesty, I have only verified 85 of them. I have NOT yet seen a computer opponent use GRN Rabbit, RED Cheecky Cat, or RED Unicorn, but I'll bet it's only a matter of time until I do... ^_~

Hope this info is helpful to somebody somewhere. ^_~ Feel free to throw in your own observations, opinions, or feedback on 'computerized' opponents, if you have any...

PART 4 - PvP OPPONENTS: (Other WI Members)
In an effort to reduce the number of "what dice do you use" posts that regularly surface in this sub-forum, I'm trying to gather the favorite "dice pools" of DiceKinz-playing WI members. (I skimmed back through all the DiceKinz posts since Spring of '08 to get things started.) IF YOU'D LIKE YOUR DICE POOL ADDED TO THIS LIST, JUST POST A REPLY IN THIS THREAD. ^_~
  • arcadefire - 2 RED Polar Bears, 2 RED Unicorns, RED Gorilla, and RED Cheeky Monkey
  • boatchick - RED Bull Frog, BLU Bull Frog, YEL Cow, YEL Leopard, YEL Tiger, and YEL Hippo
  • capitan - 3 RED Gorillas, BLU Cheeky Monkey, and 2 RED Unicorns
  • cinder40to4 - GRN Cocker Spaniel, GRN Golden Retriever, RED Elephant, RED Polar Bear, RED Panda, and RED Black Bear
  • demogorgon - RED Horse, 2 RED Polar Bears, RED Googles, BLU Cheeky Monkey, and RED Unicorn
  • glammerz - RED Unicorn, YEL Frog, RED Bulldog, GRN Black Bear, BLU Unicorn, and YEL Golden Retriever
  • goldenpixie1 - BLU Tree Frog, BLU White Terrier, BLU St. Bernard, BLU Poodle, BLU Polar Bear, and BLU Pink Poodle
  • jpmorgan32 - RED Polar Bear, BLU Gorilla, RED Gorilla, RED Unicorn, BLU Cheeky Monkey, and RED Googles
  • Learned Hand - 3 BLU Cheeky Monkeys and 3 RED Polar Bears
  • levinscar - 2 RED Monkeys, 2 RED Polar Bears, and 2 YEL Basset Hounds
  • littlebookie - YEL Unicorn, BLU Elephant, BLU Grey and White Cat, RED Poodle, YEL Pegasus, and BLU White Terrier
  • LordRaidor - BLU Cheeky Monkey, 3 RED Unicorns, and 2 RED Polar Bears
  • Oddmeister - RED Pegasus, RED Black Lab, RED Gorilla, RED Golden Retriever, RED Cheeky Monkey, and RED Unicorn
  • RMMimii - BLU Panda, RED Cocker Spaniel, RED Horse, RED Koala, RED Pig, and RED Unicorn
  • SarahN - RED Monkey, RED Unicorn, RED Leopard, RED Pig, RED Gorilla, and RED Polar Bear
  • WebkinzSAHM - BLU Cheeky Dog, RED Panda, RED Elephant, YEL Pig, RED Pegasus, and YEL Tree Frog
  • wdeland78 - RED White Terrier, GRN Yorkie, YEL Koala, BLU Polar Bear, RED Cocker Spaniel, and YEL Cheeky Dog
  • xxTemarixx - BLU Black Bear, BLU Yorkie, GRN Cheeky Dog, GRN St. Bernard, RED Pig, and YEL Panda

That's all for now. Good Luck playing DiceKinz, and may all your races be victories!!!

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Last edited by LordRaidor; 02-18-2012 at 08:52 AM..
LordRaidor is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Gifted

LordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guideLordRaidor is a golden guide

Default Know Your Enemy - It's ME!!!

The thought just occurred to me - if the point of this thread is to acquaint players with their potential opponents, there's no reason to limit it to strictly computerized opponents... ^_~

In that vein, I guess I should go ahead and let you know what you'll be up against if you ever face ME in the DiceKinz Arena...

VIKTOR the Polar Bear: BLU Cheecky Monkey, 3 RED Unicorns, and 2 RED Polar Bears

Like numerous other "best dice" pools I've seen posted in this forum, the strength of this set focuses on lots of Wilds and Growths to end up with some REALLY big Run dice values. My first WebKinz was a Polar Bear (Viktor) and my wife's first was a Unicorn (Pearl). As soon as I saw the 'RED' dice for both of those critters, I realized they were an almost perfect match for each other. I initially ran with 3 of each (3 RED Polar Bears and 3 RED Unicorns), and they were a very successful pool, but I had quite a few turns with too many 'Growth' dice just hanging around and not any 'Wild' dice to target with them. I traded off 1 of the Polar Bears for a YEL Alley Cat instead (with three "Wild-1" sides), and it worked even better, but I still occassionally found myself with a Growth dice (or two) and no Wilds on the screen. I eventually tried a BLU Cheeky Monkey instead of the Alley Cat and really honed the pool to perfection. ...Even WITH the 'Rest' side on the Cheeky Monkey the 4 'Wild' sides virtually guarantee that 'Growth' dice are seldom wasted. This is now my regular line-up, and I win against the 'computerized' opponents over 98% of the time. (Honestly, I can play 50+ games against computerized opponents and only lose once. ^_^ )

I know that "what dice do you use" threads pop up in this forum regularly, but they seem to get 'closed' before one ever gets rolling enough to collect a large number of answers. ...Seems kinof inefficient to me. ...I'll just make an open offer here and see what happens:

If you play DiceKinz, and you have a 'regular' set of dice you like to use, if you'll post those dice in this thread, I'll collect and maintain an alphabetized list of members' dice pools in the first post (above) for long-term reference.

In fact, ...I may go browsing back through the DiceKinz archives here and see what I can collect to get the 'list' started...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Last edited by LordRaidor; 02-18-2012 at 08:50 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Know Your Enemy: 1-Player AND PvP DiceKinz Opponents - WI Members PLEASE POST YOUR DICE POOLS HERE ^_^

Wow, this is another really great thread!!! Thank you!
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Know Your Enemy: 1-Player AND PvP DiceKinz Opponents - WI Members PLEASE POST YOUR DICE POOLS HERE ^_^

I stumbled upon your thread, and from what I read it has a lot of great information and sounds like a lot of fun. However, I really don't know enough to even venture a guess and you might say I am a totally "dice challenged" person. Believe me, I have tried, I just don't get it.

I wish that the rules were as easy as checkers, then maybe I would get it.

These posts are certainly over my head.
jazzykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Gifted

Default Learning DiceKinz (and Forum Stalkerz?!? ^_^ )

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
I stumbled upon your thread, and from what I read it has a lot of great information and sounds like a lot of fun. However, I really don't know enough to even venture a guess and you might say I am a totally "dice challenged" person. Believe me, I have tried, I just don't get it...
Well jazzy, if you'd like to give DiceKinz another try, there's a really good guide/tutorial of the game basics written by "Lion King" stickied at the top of this forum (or click here). Like any other game, some people like it and some people don't (I'm obviously in the first group). No harm done: DiceKinz may just not be your "thing"... ^_^

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
Wow, this is another really great thread!!! Thank you!
Thanx cocoa! ...Do you actually play DiceKinz, or are you just stalking me from the 'Recipez' Forum...

O_o

^_^

Either way, thanx for the note. I'm getting the impression that the 'DiceKinz' area doesn't see nearly as much traffic as most other sections of the forum - so I appreciate the positive feedback.

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Hi! I hope you don't mind if I just show you a pic...I don't remember what all of mine are called.

Here is what I currently play with (concentrating on Wild, Growth, and a little Run and variety):

Oddmeister is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Know Your DiceKinz Enemy: CPU or PvP - PLEASE POST YOUR DICE HERE ^_^

Thanks LordRaidor!!!
This is an awesome thread ~ I have always wondered about Dice Kinz because I could never figure out how to play!!! Your guide here is wonderfully easy to follow and I am so thankful you took the time to make it for everyone here at
Thanks again,
~peace~
peace1430 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Know Your DiceKinz Enemy: CPU or PvP - PLEASE POST YOUR DICE HERE ^_^

Lord Raidor, I have followed your advice and read the thread that you suggested. I even printed it out so I would have something to follow. I went and played the 1 player game and WON! That was a shock, or more like "dumb" luck. Now that I have something to guide me, I might just play more often which will get me to understand more.

Again, thank you! Appreciate your suggestions.
jazzykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
Gifted

Default Dice Used By "Random Pool" DiceKinz Opponents...

Well, ...I caught STOMPY today using a RED Unicorn die. That means that the only "Series 1" dice I have NOT seen used by the 'computerized' opponents are GRN Rabbit and RED Cheecky Cat.

...If anybody sees one of the 1-player 'computer' opponents use a GRN Rabbit or RED Cheecky Cat, lemme know (just so I can cross them off my list - it's a 'completist' thing...).

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Gifted

Default What Dice Do YOU Play?...

Well, ...it looks like this sub-forum might not get quite enough traffic to keep this thread alive for too much longer. ^_^ If this thread eventually closes down due to lack of activity, at least the next member wanting to know "what dice do you use?" might be able to find this thread in a forum search... ^_~

For what it's worth...

^_^
-LordRaidor-