Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > That's Soooo Posh!! > Decorating Tips & Ideas

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible
rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible

Default house layouts

Can I change the house's layouts? I mean, can I move the rooms somehow?
How do you guys solve the problem with all the doors - does anybody have a long corridor from which the pets' rooms and other rooms go? I am thinking about having it like this, but of course it is very expensive to buy a corridor full of rooms.
rachelgirl192 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: house layouts

I wish you could. But you can't. Great idea, though.
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 PM   #3
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

Players have been pushing for more functionality in house layout changes for years: move rooms, delete rooms, increase size of rooms, move doors, anything you can think of. So far, no dice. All we've gotten was the ability to custom name our rooms, and that was given back after years of drop-down menu naming.

I deal with the problem of doors by making my house an irregular shape, explained below.

Here is the NE wing of my house, looking like Swiss cheese.
Spoiler: show
Click the image to open in full size.

All the rooms with names in caps are storage rooms, where I want to maximise wall space (top and right edges of the square). It follows that I want to have as few storage rooms as possible with a room above or to the right, since that'll put a door on the wall.

Some of my rooms were also designed for the doors there are currently, and wouldn't be able to accomodate additional doors. For example, this is "DakotaKinz and tashytoot'," which is actually "DakotaKinz and tashytoot's Easter Yard" (the font is way too big) As you can see, the design would block any doors coming from the north, so I don't build that way.

Another example is my Flower Petal Puppy (or something) Magnolio Phyta's bedroom. Although not as severe, it's built to block the NE door as well, so I've left a "hole" where the room to the NE would be on the map.
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #4

rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible

wow, your layout looks great, and I love that flower room. At the moment, my layout is an irregular shape as well, I have to think about something really clever in the long run :-)
thanks for showing.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I've never tried this, but is it possible to jump to rooms without even using the doors? I mean, blocking a door with furniture and just jumping to it?
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 08-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
I've never tried this, but is it possible to jump to rooms without even using the doors? I mean, blocking a door with furniture and just jumping to it?
I actually never use the doors to move rooms -- my house is too big, I can't remember which room is where. Even when jumping, though, your pet moves to one of the doorways in the room. If there's something blocking, you'll have to move the object so your pet can enter. (I also just dislike the aesthetic look of an object covering a door.)
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

I realised this, too, the pets comes through the door no matter how far they have jumped.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
ᴉuǝɔɹɐɟʇ

mojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum master
mojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum mastermojoandmugsy is a forum master

FAIRY GODMOTHER GRANT THIS WISH
mojoandmugsy is offline Female
Closed