Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
ilovebeckymost♥
Webkinz :)

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

Default ~~Lost--A Thrilling Tale of Adventure, Secrecy and Trust~~ {Chapter 5 Added!}

Before you read, I just wanna say that I might not be on WI a lot, so, I'll try to write as much as I can. I'll write 2-3 chapters per time I come on, depending on how popular it is. Anyway, here it is.
**Notes From The Author**
Thanks everyone, for reading this. This story has been up for not even 24 hours, and tons of people are telling me how great it is.(: I wanna thank each and every one of you. Four chapters went up just today. I am going to try to get at least a chapter every 2 days, but if I don't, I'll add three each 2 days I miss. I just wanna say thank you.(:
If you join the PM list, I'll PM you the next chapter, in case you miss it.
Thanks guys & keep reading!
PM List
Tullylover97
anibeat75
pinkjumpingbean135
Webkinz5929

CHAPTER 1
I placed my feet on the cold, hard gravel. The blisters on my feet were going away, and I tore the band-aid off. A white mark stayed where the band-aid was placed moments ago. My bare feet felt cold on the stone, making the warm summer's day feel nicer. This was the perfect day.
My mother wasn't home from work yet, which meant that I could go into the woods without her knowing. She always would yell at me when I would come in, kicking my sandals to my side. She was afraid I would get ticks, or I would get lost. I already had a tick, and it was easy as pie to get treatment. But, getting lost hasn't happened yet. I know the woods by heart though. There is no way I could possibly get lost.
I jumped off the high rock and ran, toward the stream. Sometimes if I was lucky, I could catch a frog, and sneak it inside, hoping that my mother wasn't paying attention. But this time the stream looked clear of all fish or frogs. I put a puss on my face and walked along side of the river, jumping on tree stumps and looking around for some sort of wildlife. The woods seemed to be dead today. Some birds fluttered above me, but that was normal. Every kid on my block saw birds. I think EVERY kid sees a bird once in a while. I wanted to see something shocking. Something that I could brag about at school. Maybe a deer. I only saw 3 deer before in my life. Or maybe a racccon. Nah. They only come out at night, and sneek into the trashcans, just to get stuck so dad can take them out into the woods.
Today was boring.
I decided to head home.
Walking back made my feet sore. Usually the ground is clear of all sticks or thorns, but this time they were everywhere. I reminded myself to bring along shoes next time. But if I did the effect would be ruined. Part of running barefoot in the woods was just to be excited. To seem different. That which my mother couldn't understand.
When my house came into view, I climbed the hill, the grass brushing against my feet, as I spotted my mother, outside, tapping her heels. Her arms were folded and she looked intimidating. I knew I was caught. I looked at my watch, and realized I was twenty minutes late from being home. I couldn't believe i was outside for 40 minutes. But I remembered my mom got off work early today.
"Hi?" I asked, sounding scared.
"Get inside." my mother instructed.
CHAPTER 2
I opened the sliding door and entered the house. I walked through the sunroom, not stopping to pet my golden retriever, Sonny, and walked to the kitchen. I sat down at my seat at the dinner table and my mother walked over to the stove, where she was making dinner.
"What did I tell you about going into the woods?" she asked.
I sighed. "'Don't go in the woods because you can get ticks or get lost.'"
"Correct. And what did you do?"
"I went in the woods, with the possibility of getting ticks or getting lost."
"Yes, you're right but you don't seem like you're going to listen to me. I'm not sure what is going through your head these days, Angel."
I hated being called by my real name. Angel. Ick. I preferred to be called Angie, but my mother only called me that when she was in a pleased mood with me.
"I just like to be out into the woods. Is it that bad?" I demanded.
"Yes!" my mother cried out. "Didn't you ever learn from that Darlie girl?"
Not the Darlie story again. "Yeah, I know she got lost in the woods a year ago, and they haven't found her yet, but mom, she's weird!"
"And what has weird got to do with it? Darlie's family was devastated. They think it was because she had no friends. And a certain someone wasn't her friend.." my mom started.
"Not again, Mom!"
"Listen! Darlie could have died! You never know."
"Darlie didn't want any friends. She always had her nose stuck in a book, and she never acted like the normal kids. She would dress weird, act weird,do everything weird! I'm normal!!"
"But by what I hear, you don't want to be."
"So what? I'm going upstairs."
"Good. While you're there, clean your room."
I groaned loudly and pounded up to my room.
CHAPTER 3
When I got upstairs to my room, I slammed the door and I could hear my mother talking to one of her friends, sharing gossip about me. I kicked the sidetable and tears poured out of my face. This was the last time. I knew security would harden. Even though I am 13, my mother will probably hire a babysitter so she would know I would be locked in all day--SAFE. I was outraged.
My mother could be soooooo overprotective sometimes. She always wants me to be her little baby, but my father understands me. He knows I need my space. That's why I love when my father is just home and my mother is out. He let's me do whatever I want.
I sat down on my bed, staring at my window. The open window.
I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I knew it was my mother. I began to pretend I was picking up some old magazines which were thrown in the corner. The door opened and my mother's face appeared. Her short, wavy brown hair swung around her shoulders.
"I'm going to the food store, want to come?" she asked politely.
"No." I snapped back.
"OK. I'll just lock this door."
And she did. My door is the only door in the house that has a lock on the outside. I understood this whole thing. She didn't trust me, at all. But, she was smart for that. Come to think of it, I would probably sneak out if she left the house. My father didn't get home until an hour. And her food shopping taks a while.
I sighed, and sat down on my bed. I felt trapped. But, the open window. The curtains fluttered in the breeze. The open window....I crawled out from my bed, and jumped out of the window.
CHAPTER 4
I landed on the soft, wet grass. I landed with a thud and my legs felt rubbery. My knees hurt as I fell on them. I realized that that was a dumb move. My mom would soon be home, and I couldn't even climb through the window. It was the second floor out of three. I sat there, dumbfounded. WHAT HAVE I JUST DONE? I didn't know what to do. So I ran. I ran down the hill, I ran all the way down to the woods. And I kept running. I didn't want to look back. I chose not to look back. I stopped at the fifteeth tree stump I saw. I sat down, panting, looking around me. I never went this far into the woods. I didn't reconize where I was. It was already an half an hour since I jumped out of my window. I stared at a bush. The woods was lifeless again. I didn't know what I just did. Why did I run? Because I was scared, I decided. But, you can't just run away from your fears, I concluded. but I just did. So what now? I could try to go back, but I was lost. Oh, no, I though. I was lost. My mother finally showed me. She knew this would happen. And it just did. I cried. I was petrified. I didn't know what to do. In a place I didn't know. I wasn't scared of my mom anymore, but i was scared of where I was. I cried, tears spilling over. I wanted my mom, for the first time in about 8 years.
Soon, my mother would panic and call the cops. And soon they would start a rescue mission, just like they did for Darlie. But they were unsuccessful with Darlie. They didn't find her. What if they didn't find me? What if my life ended, just the way Darlie's did. Maybe Darlie did the same thing as me. Maybe she made a huge mistake that took her life. Will my mistake make mine?
I didn't know, but I cared a lot. I would have to try to come the way I ran, but which was that way? I wandered away from the stream, and that was a very, very, very du.mb mistake. I should have followed the stream so I could just turn around and run until I saw my house; until I saw my hill. I pulled my knees up and buried my face in them. I couldn't move. If I kept moving, I might be moving away from the rescue cue or away from my house. But what if they didn't come until a week and I starved to death? I would need to move eventually. Thank God my father told me which berries are poisionous and the ones who weren't. Now, I know I can eat. But eating wasn't my problem. My problem was getting home. My problem was surviving.

Chapter 5

My heart was pounding. I wish I had had the sense to take my cell phone. But there wouldn’t have been any service anyway. But at least I could tell the time. But time didn’t matter. Instead of staying on the tree stump like a good little girl, I ran away, trying to run from my fears. I was trying to navigate my way home, trying to recognize an area. Eventually, I found the stream, but it was a cross-section. There were four ways the stream parted. I felt more lost than ever. So I found another tree stump, seating myself on it and began humming my favorite songs.

“Everything is going to be A-OK, Angie.” I thought, biting my nails.

There was a rustle in a bush nearby. I jumped from the tree stump, startling, breaking the silence and peace of the forest with a piercing yell. A squirrel emerged from the bush, and I placed a hand over my heart.

“Oh, oh. You scared the heck out of me!”

The squirrel scurried away, making me feel so much more alone.

But then, suddenly, was an extremely loud rustle that cause me to jump, but to hold my breath. I knew it was a person. The sky began to grow darker, making me squint to see the sudden appearance of the creature. I was mumbling, trying to keep my heart at a steady speed. That was it. It was probably my mother, or a search crew. I knew it had to be someone. Finally, my mother noticed that I wasn’t just out to see the woods, but I was out because I was lost. My mother was my hero at this moment. And she will forever be my hero. I’m going to go back home, and never leave to go to the woods again. The thought lightened me, but the rustling went away. Oh no. They probably didn’t see me due to the dark and my lack of sound.

“HEY!” I screamed. “HEY, HEY! COME BACK! IT’S ME, ANGEL! THE LOST GIRL! HEY HEY—HEY!”

I felt I was being pushed to the ground. My head hit the soft earth with a loud thud and everything went black.

Last edited by TheLovelyLife; 10-06-2009 at 02:25 PM..
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Default Re: [[LOST]]

Poor Darlie.):
Angel, that's a cool name.(: I'm jealous, you know I am.
I loved your story.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Call me Tully

Tullylover97 has disabled reputation

you did a really good job! i can't wait to read more. i subscribed so i could find it again.
Tullylover97 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Gifted

pinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud of

I love it will there be a PM list?
pinkjumpingbean135 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
ilovebeckymost♥

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

Thanks guys.(:
Selena, your stories are BEAST!

Yeah. I'm gonna make a PM list now.
You can tell me on the DCT if you wanna join.(:
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Call me Tully

Tullylover97 has disabled reputation

i would like to be on the pm list
Tullylover97 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thanks, Janna, too bad I stopped making my Italian one. D:

I love the new chapter. Poor her. Trapped in her room.):
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Gifted

anibeat75 is just really niceanibeat75 is just really nice

Really awesome!
Could I be on the PM list, also?
anibeat75 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
ilovebeckymost♥

Aww, Selena. ):

OK. I'll add you.(:
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #10

ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

This is great!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!
ButterflyFlower is offline Female
Closed