Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

jonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonder

Default ~::.When Cake Baking goes Wrong~.::

Chapter 1
I watched that wooden platform spin as my mom lightly pressed the comb to the cake. Delicate lines appered on the side. Wow, moms cake really does look good. I thought. Too bad it wasn't for us. Just a few more minutes, and she'd be declaring, "Phew, I'm finished! Another cake done!" as she stared proudly at her cake. Then, she'd be gently setting the cake in a bakery box, and sealling it with her signature gold ribbon. After that, we will never see that cake again.

I'm Allison DeWitt. I have two brothers, twins oddly, Andrew and Adam, a dad, Mark(us), and then, theres my mom. Elizabeth. My dad doesn't work, and my mom bakes cakes for a living. I'm twelve years old, and I go to Bridgeston Middle school in Pennslvainya. Our money is tight, but, we are not exactly poor.

Until now.

Yesterday, I overheard mom and dad talking while us kids were soppost to be 'asleep' (Adam and Andrew were talking, and doing boy stuff, and I was reading. I was going to the bathroom, and overheard them talking.

"Mark. I just got a call from Jamison's. Charlotte said my cakes arn't selling well, and if they don't sell more than 5 in the next week, they are taking them off the market and giving them back to us" My mom says. My dad looks worried.

"Well, we would have alot of cake to eat!" My dad joked.

"Mark! This is no joke! We may have no money!"

"I know, I know. Just don't worry, it will work out."

And then, their voiced just trailed off, and I went back to bed.

Last edited by jonasgirl512; 02-05-2011 at 09:02 PM..
jonasgirl512 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
kurdt kobain

Kesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contest
Kesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contestKesha could win a popularity contest

Default Re: ~::.When Cake Baking goes Wrong~.::

Ooh, this sounds interesting :]
And original!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #3

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

Sounds amazing!!!
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
bswizzle is on a distinguished road

i wish my life was like this
bswizzle is offline Female
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
♥♪I'mNotAWaste♪♥

Dark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonder

this sounds like a pretty cool story..

p.s. your hearing this from a girl who only likes to read fantasy or mythical stories.. so yeah.. its a MAJOR compliment.. lol
Dark_Hunters2 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #6

jonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonder

Thanks guys!

Chapter 2
I lay in bed, thinking about the conversation the previous night. Will we need to sell our house if mom doesn't sell enough cakes? What if we have to eat from a soup kitchen because we can't afford food? Will Adam, Andrew and I have to take hand me downs? Just thinking about it made me shutter. Mom will sell enough cakes, mom WILL! I told myself happily. Her cakes are creamy, smooth, and are sweet just enough to meet your satifaction. My mom doesn't even use fondon. She uses, soft, delicate, buttercream frosting. And she doesn't go over the edge with professional stuff. Just the Wilson isle in the craft store will do. Her cakes are a perfect size, not to big, nor small. Mom hasn't made one mistake ever since she started baking them, which was a half a year ago. She never entered the bakery with a melted cake. Her cakes were always perfect. She is organized, which means her cakes are never messy! And her homemade cake mix is always moist, flavorful, and sweet. I don't see anythig wrong with her cakes. But maybe other people do.

My other question was, When will she tell the rest of the family? I mean, what if she doesn't sell enough cakes? Then the twins will be wondering....

Last edited by jonasgirl512; 02-05-2011 at 08:34 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
carmentacmc

carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!

Ah...now you're making me crave cake.
I like this!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
♥♪I'mNotAWaste♪♥

Dark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonder

I want cake!! tell her i will buy a cake! i'm too lazy to make one myself ill help her out! lol.. *lays money doen on invisible table* ill take a hundred cakes!
Dark_Hunters2 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

I like this, well written. Can't wait for more!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #10

Thanks. I was about to post one earlier, but, my comp messed up.

Chapter 3
"Rise and shine, Pumpkin!" My mom's gentle voice rang through my ears. I slowly opened my eyes..."Ugh!" I shrieked. My mom had opened my blinds, and sunshine streamed into my room. I quickly pulled my blanked over my head. "Moom!" I whined jokingly. She giggled. "Sweetie, get dressed in something nice! We are going out for breakfast!" I looked at my clock. 9:34. "Umm..Ok...Where?" I asked, confused. "iHop" My mom replied. "IHop? Really?!" I said, excitedly. Someone must of bought one of moms more expensive cakes, because IHop was one of our family's favorite places. Then, it hit me. I remebered. Mom had parcialy lost her job, and had only told dad. The puzzle peices had joined together. Get dressed good..., IHop..., Going out... All mean't one thing...Mom was going to break the news. "Ok mom!" I said quickly, and as cheery as possible. Mom walked out of my room, and into the twin's. I closed my door and tried to find clothes. A tank top, a v-neck tee, and jeans should do. I'll wear my uggs, too. My tee shirt was Aero. Maybe I'll curl my hair er something. Ooh! and I'll pit a bow in, and my incial earings. Maybe a smokey, orange, yellow, and sunset pink type makeup would look pretty. I experimented, and it looked awesome. I was ready. I pulled my bag on my shoulder (Also aero) and ventured out into my living room. "Mom! I'm ready!" I called. "Allie?" My father answered. "The car is unlocked, feel free." he finished. "Kay. I anwered. Out the fron't door I went.

The boys spent most of the car ride fighting. Lucky me was sat right in the middle. I stuck my headphones in my ears, to tune out most of the screams. Aaah...I remember dad was a lawyer, and mom was had a good amount of cake money...They got me this for my birthday. I was overjoyed...So happy...Nothing could ruin that day...

Suddenly, the headphones were ripped out of my ears. "ADAM!" I screamed. "Dude! Get out of the car!" He replied. "Fine." I mumbled. I stuffed my iPod in my bag. This day was defanatly at a bad start.

Hmmp.

I pulled the boys to the side. "Listen, be good for mom and dad." yell-whispered. "Mom needs to sell 5 cakes within the next week in order to keep her job. Whatever I say, you get. DON'T order anything expnsive.. OK." I finished. "Yes ma'am" They said quietly.

"Me and the boys -I motioned to the twins- will have orange juice" I said in a polite manner. "But--" Andrew began. "I said the boys will have ORANGE JUICE." I said firmly, and loudly. My parents finished the order, and the waiter walked off.

"Listen kids. I have something to tell you"

Oh no...

"A few days ago...Jamison's, Charlotte's Bakery, called me. They said, that, um, if I don't sell 5 cakes within the next week, she will have to take my cakes off the market and give them back to us. That means I'll lose my job."

The table went silent.

Last edited by jonasgirl512; 02-05-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Closed

Tags
dudeeee kesha wuz here!