Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
BennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guide

Default ~The Summer of the Wolf~ a story by BennyBeagle CHAPTER 4 IS UP!

The Summer of the Wolf
by BennyBeagle

CHAPTER 1

Spoiler: show
“Gotta... find... a... safer... place.” I gasped. I was in the woods-- with bears! “WHO ARE YOU?” screeched an owl. Automatically I replied, “I'm Katie.” My face turned red. Who answers to an owl? I felt creepy all of a sudden, like there was a strange presence near me. “ARRRRROOOOOOOOOO!” My eyes widened. I froze. Across the lake I had come to, there was a pack of wolves! A big one, probably the leader, turned and saw me. Then the rest of the pack turned around. I felt like a kid in a group of wolves! Well, I guess I felt like it because I was. A kid in a group of wolves, that is.
We stood staring at each other for a minute then the leader howled and took off, the others with him. Except... there was something of the ground, where the wolves were. I jumped over the lake, and saw what it was: a baby wolf! “GRRRRRRRRRRRR!” I froze again, thinking the wolves wanted their cub. I slowly turned around, and saw a bear staring at me, ready to attack! I whirled around and snatched up the cub. I ran as fast as I could toward a big oak tree. I opened my backpack and shoved the wolf inside as best as I could do while running. I leaped up on a tree limb. The bear started climbing. I leaped again. The bear climbed more. It was inches from me now. I took a deep breath, and jumped out of the tree. I then landed on some branches and broke them off. I landed on the ground beautifully – like a cat! I wondered why the bear wasn't coming after me. Then I realized that the bear was stuck! And I also remembered the wolf in my backpack. “I bet he's hungry!” I thought out loud. So I started running home. Then I realized that Mom and Dad would never let me take a wolf in the house. I decided to sneak him in. That's what people in books always do. So I started climbing the tree outside my window. It had been hot today so Mom must've opened the windows. I realized that Mom would come with me in my room. I needed to put my little wolf somewhere. I also needed a name. The first name I thought of was Bear. “Cute!” I whispered. “Okay, little Bear, you can stay in the closet!” I climbed out of my window and down the tree, ran around to the back door and came in. “Hi Mom!” I said. “Hello dear. Did you have a good day?” “Yep, but I'm starved!” “Alright, you can go and get some milk and a cookie in the pantry.” “Okay, thanks Mom!” I yelled as I raced into the pantry. I grabbed the milk and pour it into the cup. Then I got a cookie. Come on, it wasn't a lie. I was starved! I managed to sneak by Mom and head to my room. When I got there, I dug around in my toy box for a baby bottle. I carefully poured milk in it, then got Bear out of the closet. Then I heard footsteps in the hall. I shoved Bear in the closet and the baby bottle under my bed. I quickly gobbled up my cookie and when Mom poked her head in, I was calmly sipping the milk. I swallowed and said, “Hey Mom!” “Hello Katie. Is everything okay?” “Yeah Mom, why wouldn't it be?” “I just heard some strange noises up here. I guess I imagined it. Well, I'm heading to the grocery store!” “Okay, well, bye Mom!” “Good-bye Katie.” I breathed a sigh of relief, and hoped that the next day wouldn't be so bad.

CHAPTER 2

The next morning I woke up, and thought of Bear. I looked at my clock, and saw that it was 4:20 A.M. “Mmhgh. Who wakes up this early?” I said, and was just about to fall back asleep when it hit me. “NO ONE, that's who! I can feed Bear!” I jumped out of bed, and forgetting I was tired, ran carefully and quietly to the kitchen. “Hello there, Katie. I didn't know that you'd be up this early.” I turned around. There was Mom! “Hello Mom! What are you doing up at this hour?” “Oh, just cooking breakfast. What are you doing?” “Getting some food.” It wasn't a lie, I was getting food, for Bear and I. “Why?” Mom asked. “I'm hungry!” Which also wasn't a lie, except I'm more starved than hungry. “Oh.” Mom said. “Can I have some cereal?” “Yes, you may.” I sighed. Why do people care about grammar? But I got the cereal and took it to my room. When I got to to my room, Bear was on my bed, chewing on my kindle. “Oh NO Bear! BAD BOY! BAD BAD BOY!” I exclaimed. Then I smiled. How was Bear to know he shouldn't chew my kindle? And he certainly looked sorry! “It's okay, Beary-boy. Just don't do it again, okay?” Bear wagged his tail as if he understood. He probably did, being such an intelligent wolf. I couldn't wait to start teaching him tricks! Then I had an idea. “Sit, Bear.” To my amazement, he sat! This wolf must've been trained! “Lie down?” Bear lay down. I began to get excited. I asked him to do all the tricks I could think of, and he did them all (It took a long time, though, because I had a book of 101 dog tricks, and some I got him to do multiple times)! I stared at him. He gave me a grin that looked exactly like my friend Jenny's dog's grin (He was a Saint Bernard). I decided to show Jenny and Milkbone (her dog) Bear. The question was, how to get Bear outside? I went to my desk and fumbled around with a egg in the Easter basket that I made a few days ago for a class project on Monday. Thankfully, school was out in 3 weeks. I jumped up. That was it! I got the egg out of the basket and put it on my desk. Then I grabbed a ball of yarn and a leash from one of my stuffed animals. I tied the end of the yarn to my basket and put it by the window with the leash and a collar, making sure the window was open. I slipped my kindle in my backpack so no nosy questions would be asked, and went to the kitchen. “Bye Mom, I'm going to Jenny's house!” “Alright dear, have fun.” I went outside then ran to the tree outside my window. I climbed the tree, then climbed in my window. I snatched up Bear and fixed the collar perfectly, then clipped on the leash. I lifted Bear in the basket and told him “Sit Bear... good boy, now STAY.” I carefully dropped the basket down while holding tight to the yarn. Hoping is wouldn't break, I gave the yarn some slack, lowering Bear to the ground. When he hit the ground, I jumped out the window and climbed down the tree. I left the basket there so I could haul him back up again. I ran as fast as I could to Jenny's house and rang the doorbell. “Why hello there, Katie! Jenny's upstairs.” “Hi Mrs. Cray! Thank you!” I said and headed to Jenny's room, Bear right behind me.

CHAPTER 3

When I got to the top of the stairs, I knocked on Jenny's door with our secret knock. "Come on in, Katie!" Jenny called. I opened the door cautiously. "Is Milkbone around?" I asked nervously. "Nope, he's taking a snooze outside." She turned away from her computer and eyed me curiously. "What's wrong? You hate it when Milkbone's outside! Every time he is, you beg me to come with you to play with him." "Yeah, well, I don't want Bear to get hurt." I replied. "Who's Bear?" Jenny asked with a puzzled look on her face. "Bear? Oh, he's a wolf cub I found yesterday. I rescued him from a bear, hence his name." "A wolf?" Jenny said getting up. "Yup, do you want to see him?" "Okay..." Jenny said hesitantly. "Come on, Bear." I called him. He came bounding up the stairs. "Bear, say hello to Jenny and shake her hand." I commanded Bear. He barked and lifted his paw to her. Jenny screamed and jumped on the bed. "GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" shrieked Jenny. I rolled my eyes and got him out of there. We went downstairs and then outside. We then took a walk though the woods where we had met the day before. "That bear probably's still super mad!" I said to myself. I laughed, picturing the bear growling and snarling in a tree. "Whoa, cool, baby apples!" I exclaimed, spotting a apple tree. "I didn't see that yesterday." I looked around. "Wait, I didn't see any of this stuff before!" Then I totally freaked out. I was lost! And worse yet, I didn't see Bear! "Bear! Come!" I yelled. I heard a responding bark. Bear suddenly emerged from the bushes. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Listen, Bear, I want you to find the lake you were at yesterday." Bear barked, and started racing toward a group of trees. I followed, and pretty soon we were at the lake. I was a little creeped out at Bear's knowledge, but I was too relieved to question him. I led the way to my house, and went to where I put the Easter basket, but I couldn't find it anywhere! We were trapped!

CHAPTER 4:
I glanced around the yard a second time, searching for a clue of where the basket went. I noticed that the garbage had a piece of paper on the lid. I picked it up. I read it, then gasped, for this is what it said:
I know your secret
I know it's Bear
I can see you now
In fact, I'm very near

I gave a shiver of excitement, even though I was a bit spooked. Who was this person? How did he know about Bear? Or is it a she? And did he (or she) take the basket? If so, why? My mind was whirling with questions. I wondered if the mysterious person was watching me, or if they did the last 2 lines just to scare me? I felt as though I was being watched. Or was that just fear? I sighed. My mind can't take a whole lot of questions at a time. First question I needed to tackle was how do I get Bear inside? I could hold onto him while I climbed the tree if I were feeling daring... but I wasn't. It started to rain. Hard. "Oh no!" I moaned. I was so worried, I didn't notice the black figure in the tree.

VM List:
Punkin55555
Rabid Fish
Icypawz898

PM List:

Last edited by BennyBeagle; 06-13-2012 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Awesome person wants to be notified!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Fallen Angel

punkin55555 is sweet stuff
punkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuff

Default Re: ~The Summer of the Wolf~ a story by BennyBeagle

Awesome really cute and amazing please put me on the vm list please.
punkin55555 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
BennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guide

Default Re: ~The Summer of the Wolf~ a story by BennyBeagle

View Post Originally Posted by punkin55555
Awesome really cute and amazing please put me on the vm list please.
Thank you! I added you!

Chapter 3 has been added!

Last edited by BennyBeagle; 05-29-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Gifted

Rabid Fish has disabled reputation

Default Re: ~The Summer of the Wolf~ a story by BennyBeagle CHAPTER 3 IS UP!

Nice story Benny!

Can you add me to the VM list?
Rabid Fish is offline Male
Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by Rabid Fish
Nice story Benny!

Can you add me to the VM list?
Thanks! Sure!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Gifted

*Waits for chapter 4* Lalalalala...
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #7

Default Re: ~The Summer of the Wolf~ a story by BennyBeagle CHAPTER 4 IS UP!

Chapter 4 is up!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
Gifted

*Awaits chapter 5* Hey, you said to comment!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by Rabid Fish
*Awaits chapter 5* Hey, you said to comment!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
littlerainstorm

LittleRainStorm is a splendid one to beholdLittleRainStorm is a splendid one to beholdLittleRainStorm is a splendid one to beholdLittleRainStorm is a splendid one to behold

Great story, I really like it! I think you should try to break up your chapters into more paragraphs so it isn't a wall of text.
LittleRainStorm is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bear & katie, foxglove likes this, i am a true ninja, lupus awareness!!!!, nacho tamer, poodlepower!, the random family, wi!