Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #291
no!it just can't be
Webkinz :)

aggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roostaggs rules the roost

Default Re: Writers Checklist! Make Sure You Have All The Qualities Of a Great Writer Here!

Thanks! These are very helpful steps!!
aggs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #292
Hello world of

DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!DesertFlower is the bees knees!

Default Re: Writers Checklist! Make Sure You Have All The Qualities Of a Great Writer Here!

This is a very helpful thread! Thanks for writing it!
DesertFlower is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #293
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

This really helped me!
girlzluv2play is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #294
HalfPrincess06

GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!

This is great advice! So glad it's now a sticky!

As you can see, I used your advice on my signature!
GHRS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #295

uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss
uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss

Bravo on the guide, I will be using this.
uniquecowgirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #296
jenny66

Sunscreenstick is a forum hero
Sunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum heroSunscreenstick is a forum hero

One of a kind tips! I think the 5-2-2 method is probably valued on simplicity but then again it should bring me back to assist with complicated stories I write for my friends. I appreciate it
Sunscreenstick is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #297
VGMeigs has a spectacular aura about

I'm so happy to say that I have most if not all of those things when writing, Thank you so much for posting it, though, because it reminds me that it's really important to have those qualities!
VGMeigs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #298
~|∙

catsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicness
catsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicnesscatsareawesome2 is epic beyond epicness

Great post, all great qualities of a good story.
catsareawesome2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #299

Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!
Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!Metaphor is a def. WINNER!

I know I'm late to the party, but just a little more advice to add to the description bit:

Adjectives adverbs can be great, but try not to overuse them. Good writing is not necessarily "fancy writing"; it's prose that is clear, coherent, and precise. Try to put all the power in your nouns and verbs. For instance, if you're writing about a blue jay and not just a generic bird, be sure to specify in your description. All the adjectives in the world won't mean much if your reader can't get a clear picture of what you're precisely talking about it. If that said blue jay is flying high in the sky, use a precise verb like "soar." Most of the time, short, crisp sentences have a much greater effect than do long, rambling ones.

So, just to clarify:

Good: "The blue jay soared above the treetops." (add description as necessary)
A little too much: The gorgeous blue jay flew gracefully above the magnificent oak trees."

I'm not saying adding more description would be bad. Remember, though, that words like "beautiful" and "magnificent" and "gorgeous" actually say very little. Try showing the reader why the trees are magnificent. If it's their height, you could try the describing them as "the oak trees that towered [over the valley/whatever] and cast large, brooding shadows on the ground."

Ick, that's not a very good description, but I hope that at least gets the point across somewhat.^^
Metaphor is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #300
ryan ross stan

shuggylay challenges the impossibleshuggylay challenges the impossible
shuggylay challenges the impossibleshuggylay challenges the impossibleshuggylay challenges the impossibleshuggylay challenges the impossibleshuggylay challenges the impossible

Thank you SO much for this, you're the best! Now I've got to go write a story, bye!
shuggylay is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
c h e e r i o, charis99, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, i'm awesome!, i'm broken inside d:, owl city, random to the extreme, writers forever!, you are beautiful(:, ~write what you love!