Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Default a shot in the dark - a collection of poems and short stories.

a shot in the dark

Long ago I started a story on here that I never ended up finishing, but other than that this is my first serious attempt at a creative writing thread. Considering a do not have the time {nor the patience, or so I suspect} to write a full length story, at least for now, everything here will either be a poem or short story. Most of what I write is dark, but it is either too vague, so to speak, to violate WI rules in any way or has been edited so it does not violate any rules. I'm an impulse writer who jots something down when inspiration takes her... therefore, some things may be confusing out of context, but I almost think it's better to leave interpretation up to you. Each piece has been posted in a spoiler, and if you don't have the patience to open them... well, reading through this is definitely not for you. My rhymes don't actually rhyme, my rhythm is a little off, and sometimes entire poem are choppy... but that's usually what I'm going for. Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy.
-Meg

Night Terror-
Spoiler: show

Never to grovel for your love again,
My dearest sombre amour.
Let the ivy mask and master
Bitter nothings we lamented before.
Its twisting tendrils taught
About my broken heart as it rots,
Nightshade blooms in deadly flumes
Among the emerald leaves of envy's grasp.

Reach out, scamper away
Tears of fury, a heart's decay
Fire and shadow, fear and shadow
They shall burn your fortress down.
Never to bow at your feet again.

The seven devils of my sorry soul
Dance in jubilation, a celebration-
I let their thundering footsteps drown out the screams,
Drown out the drumming,
Drown out the pain.
Ceremonials of the sinner.

Let the ivy mask and master
My dearest amour mort.

Reflection-

All must fear the mockingbird,
For a sighting is a reflection of you heard.
All must avoid the clear, glassy pool,
For just a glance is your self image overruled.
All must turn away from the mirror,
For a single second makes your perspective clearer.

Ignorant of much, reckless and proud-
Things that are never spoken aloud.
Hot tempered always, not a good side to be found-
Things that are known without making a sound.
Corrupt and unjust, afraid of what is good-
Things about you that are not understood.

A sight to be reckoned with, a voice to be heard-
That is why we must fear the mockingbird.
It is not we see but what we don't-
That is why the water makes our darker thoughts float.
A place to admire "beauty," oh, the secrets you hide-
That is why the mirror makes you admit what's inside.

Black Lace Bow-

A girl
Alone in the graveyard.
Oh, how she tries to think
Joyous thoughts when
Nothing
Is but a shattered memory.

Her dark jeans and black lace bow just seem to
Blend in
With her surroundings.

The wind blows, a slight breeze,
But it still threatens the tree's
Last
Lonely leaf.

Four graves in a row that face the
Merry river
And dilapidated bridge-
Like it is a way out of this
Broken place.

There-
A joyous thought.

Dark Side-

Secrets fester in the shadows of our hearts
Like insects to an open wound.
A secret so silent
The dark side of the moon pales in comparison.
Though steady, the beat holds no comfort
For those with nothing for it to tick for.
There is no love great than the compulsion to love.

Friendship-

I see you in the mountain tops and river valleys;
You are my greatest highs and deepest lows.
I hear you in a child's musical musings on a piano;
There is nothing else so innocent and beautiful.
I feel you as I trace a finger along my weathered palms;
Our love is etched skin deep and far within.
I know our friendship in every landscape and song
Because you found your way into my heart.

Winged Wishes-

Tell a tale
Of a bird without wings
& all it had left to do was sing
All day & all night
About how it longed to take flight.

Pasture-

In a storm of grey,
Dark clouds cast fingers of shadow
Towards the light.
Bright fall leaves
of crimson,
of tangerine,
of gold,
of pasture green
Emerge with their
Thick-trunked,
Strong-limbed trees
From the hazy morning fog.
A watercolor of tall grasses
Grace the earth,
Its canvas,
And blanket far away
From the storm of grey.

Away-

A train car-
I would prefer prison to this.
Eighty bodies, so full of life, simply do not fit,
Yet like we are cattle they continue to herd in more.
We are not cattle;
We are people.
We are people?
We can they not understand that we are people?

Nothing Left-

I am a number
a pair of shoes
a head of hair
a worthless person
not even a person
a dying flame
burning up
flickering out
down to ashes
& up in smoke.

I was just a number.

updated 3/10/12.

Last edited by megan100160; 03-11-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
sonja54321
Webkinz :)

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Default Re: a shot in the dark - a collection of poems and short stories.

Beautiful. The imagery and metaphors in your poetry are fabulous. I especially enjoyed your last one, it could be interpreted in so many different ways. If you post more, could you please VM me so I can check it out? By the way, I also have a poetry collection and I would be honored if you ever decided to check it out. (if you are interested, I have a link in my signature)
labradorian is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll go check it out now. ♥
Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
TaliaJoy18 </3

aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Meg, these are absolutely AMAZING!
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Gifted

Thanks, Aqua! ♥

Alright, "Night Terror" was just added... warning, it's really dark... which is strange because I'm not even in a bad mood. It's inspired by the Florence + the Machine song "Seven Devils."
Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

I loved the slight repetition in that poem, the reference to the seven evils and how every verse flowed into the next and looped back to the begging. That was truly magnificent.
labradorian is offline Female
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

... Just genious, Meg. These remind me of something Edgar Allan Poe would write but in modern days. I adore his works, and now I adore yours. This is simply amazing.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by labradorian
I loved the slight repetition in that poem, the reference to the seven evils and how every verse flowed into the next and looped back to the begging. That was truly magnificent.
Goodness, thank you... that means so much to me! I suppose this is what you get when you mix Meg and a Florence + the Machine CD played on repeat for five hours. xD
View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmania44
... Just genious, Meg. These remind me of something Edgar Allan Poe would write but in modern days. I adore his works, and now I adore yours. This is simply amazing.
Woah, that's a comparison. O.o Thank you so much, Val... I can't believe people actually like them. xD
Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Gifted

I should have a new poem up sometime this weekend.
Closed