Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Talking Saralin and the Wishing Stone, by MarielofRedwall! Find adventurous scenes, spectacular descriptions and much, much more!

approved -missgnomie

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey there, and this is.. Saralin, and the Wishing Stone! I hope you enjoy the story. I will be posting them in chapters, probably one every week. I think I'll have many chapters, but hopefully you'll enjoy them.
Warning: These chapters are longer than normal stories (sorry!)
Spoiler: show
Description...

Chapter One

Escape to Starvale!

The leaves were hiding the small, oval-shaped face of Saralin. Her facial features were hidden entirely by those ever-swaying branches. There were only a few slight rustles here and there, but that is easily mistaken with the breezy wind that blew every now and then. No one will ever find me here. I chose a spectacular hiding spot, she thought happily.
Suddenly, a smile drifted across her face with a glimmer of joy at her “triumph, but disappeared instantly after that. Saralin sure needed to focus much more. She couldn’t waste any time.
However, fear still lingered at the back of her mind. Thought she had chosen a very good hiding place, there was still that chance someone would look into some leaves and see her there. If she was caught, she might become an outcast! Be put into prison, or worse, be hanged or put to death. The mere thought of it made Saralin shudder.
Nonetheless, Saralin ran her tiny fingers over a grayish pink stone, the size of a small, miniature marble. It glowed slightly at her touch, and it made Saralin feel that the world was its tranquil self once more. A feeling of drowsiness suddenly overcame Saralin, and she started closing her eyes. A short nap wouldnt cause any damage, would it?
SARA!!! SARA!!! a voice unexpectedly screamed at the top of its lungs. Saralin heard mad stomping and the flittering of wings. She winced slightly, and crouched immediately. She could not be caught by her little sister Dasalie.
Sara Sara mommy is looking for you. She said she is cooking yummy blueberry pasties for us!!! And shes making some cordial too, and kiwi juice! Isnt that a feast Sara? Please, Sara, wherever you are, say something to me! Dasalie cried. She had always loved her older sister so, and was devastated that she wasnt there for her. Normally, Saralin arrived at every single meal, never missing one for fear of starving
Tears suddenly started to roll down her cheeks and onto the dirt. It must have seeped into there or something, but Saralin couldn’t focus on the dirt. Dasalie wailed piteously, moaning Saralin’s name with sadness.
Sudden despair fell over Saralin like a wave. She wanted desperately to help her younger sibling, but she couldnt! She had the Wishing Stone, for goodness sake! All she could do was gaze with melancholy at Dasalie and pray that she wouldnt go overboard with forlornness.
Hold on, Dasalie! Hold on! she whispered softly, encouraging her sister as best as she could. Watching Dasalie, every move she took was emblazoned into Saralins memory. She looked down at the leaf she was standing on, and wept. A mere fairy like her was no ******e or anything. Just a normal fairy that can’t do anything special at all! Why was she put into this? Why?
Finally thinking that she needed to take some action, Saralin put the Wishing Stone at the bottom of her duffel bag, carefully placing it between a few miniature cushions. It settles comfortable between them. “Here goes nothing, she muttered.
She tried to creep to Dasalie’s side, never making a single sound as she flew silently with her wings. She circled around Dasalie and murmured, “Boo! in a soft voice.
Dasalie turned around and then she gasped in surprise Next, she stopped crying as quickly as she had started. She wiped her eyes on her frock briefly and stared at Saralin in disbelief. Yet, Saralin smiled in relief. Dasalie just gawked for another moment and laughed heartily. “Where were you Sara?” she asked.
Saralin squirmed uncomfortable. She couldn’t admit it… she just couldn’t. Dasalie would be furious at her for doing such a thing. Dasalie (unlike Sara) was very strict with rules for an eight year old.
Dasalie glared at Saralin intensely, her green eyes searching for any hint of what Saralin may be up to. “What are you hiding sister? Come on, I won’t tell a soul! I promise you!” she demanded in a fierce tone.
Dismay clawed at Saralin’s heart. She could not deny that her sister wasn’t trustworthy. Her sister can keep almost any secret that she can tell. This one was different though… it was breaking the law.
She needed to make a decision though. No decision would just anger Dasalie even more. “Look,” Saralin began. “I stole the Wishing Stone. Please Dasalie, don’t react just yet. Mommy said that if you take the Wishing Stone to Starvale, all of your wishes will come true in an instant! Even though nobody is allowed to steal the Wishing Stone because they think people are going to lose it, won’t it be great if we can just savor the glory… the happiness? Come on, sis! Please don’t tell mommy or daddy… or any of the others. Please?” Saralin finished.
Simple a family wasn’t enough to describe Saralin’s family. Her family was large, chaotic and always messy, every single moment of the day. There were always some peanut butter on the leaves, food stashes in the drawers, the kitchens always overfilled with drinks and delicious delicacies (cooked by mom), ladybugs hidden beneath the beds of the boys… it was absolutely terrifying for anybody to see.
Then, there was the fact that Saralin’s family. It was absolutely huge! Saralin had two sisters and three brothers. Including her parents and herself, that equaled eight people in the whole family. The eldest child was Nicholas, and he always was in his room, reading comics and novels. He was a “nerd”, as almost everyone calls him. The next child is Jennifer, whom always goes outside to play with the butterflies or flirts with other guys. Saralin particularly was annoyed with Jennifer, because of her foolish actions (as Saralin calls it). Saralin was the next child, then Benjamin was born after her. Benjamin was quite young, but he still loved to listen to his older sister and play with her constantly. Saralin loved him very much. Dasalie soon came, and lastly was Defario. Defario was just a little tot, but he was learning very fast in technically everything. Saralin believed that he would become a great person someday.
Dasalie gazed at Saralin again, and whispered, “You… really stole the Wishing Stone? Ohmigosh, Saralin! Do you know how major this is? If they find out, and that’s very soon, they’ll go all over the land searching for you! No Saralin put it back! I don’t want glory, and you don’t either,”
An awkward silence followed after that. “I am so sorry Dasalie… but I must. I know that this is my destiny, and I plan to follow it. You can come along too, if you’d like. I don’t really care. Just keep out of trouble, and don’t talk a whole lot. That’ll just cause problems for you and me,” Saralin explained as thoroughly as she could.
A small sigh was heard from Dasalie. “Okay Sara, but we must get everything we need and go to mama to say a silent good-bye. I’m hungry too, and did I mention she’s going to have plenty of food tonight? Oh yes, it’s St. Patrick’s Day!!!” she squealed with excitement.
Saralin smiled slightly at what she had done, and winked. St. Patrick’s Day sure was coming; they must at least celebrate a holiday. Her mother always supplied the most delicious foods ever! “Of course Dasalie, let’s go!”
They both ran as fast as they could to the flower where they all lived, laughing the whole way. For once, Saralin felt relieved, happy and hopeful that her quest would be succeeded… but will it truly do so?

This list is for people who want me to message them when I post a new chapter...

Form:

WI Username:
PM or VM?:

List:

Last edited by MarielofRedwall; 03-28-2010 at 11:51 AM..
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Default Re: Saralin and the Wishing Stone, by MarielofRedwall! Find adventurous scenes, spectacular descriptions and much, much more!

Reserved for future posts (in case)
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Saralin and the Wishing Stone, by MarielofRedwall! Find adventurous scenes, spectacular descriptions and much, much more!

Woah! That's a long chapter. I loved it!
BlueKat567 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

Yeah, it's long... I'll try making shorter chapters in the future. Thanks though!
Closed