Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Don't eat my
Webkinz :)

comet855 is just really nicecomet855 is just really nice

Default Orphan: The diary of Kay

*Story is approved*

This is my first story(Yay!). I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to post any comments, as long as you don't get off topic
CHAPTER ONE
March 17
Today is my eighteenth birthday, and I'm finally gonna get out of this place. Sorry, let me start from the beginning. My name is Kay, just Kay. As I said earlier, I am eighteen years old. I have lived in an orphanage all my life, under the care of Mrs. Williams. She has been kind to me, and I have been well cared for, but all I want is adventure. When I leave tomorrow, I am going to start looking for my parents. Forget any jobs Mrs. Williams may have found for me, I will travel the world, if that is what it takes to find my parents. Eighteen years ago, they left me at this orphanage with nothing but a silver bracelet. I'm going to use this bracelet to track them down, whether they want me or not. I hope they do want me. But if they did, why would they leave me here?

CHAPTER 2
March 18
Today was such a rush. Even though I packed last night, it still felt like I had a million things to do. Mrs. Williams still made me do all my usual chores in the morning. For lunch, she made a special goodbye meal with all my favorite foods. There was ham, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, stuffing, and for dessert a chocolate cake with the words "Good Luck Kay!" frosted on the top with blue frosting. After lunch, I said goodbye to all the chlidren. Poor Spencer started crying when he realized I was leaving. He is only three, and he thought the special lunch was for him. I could barely get him to let go of me after we told him I was leaving. Then I went with Mrs. Williams into her "office", which was really just the sitting room. She explained to me that she had found several jobs that I might like. She gave me a list, along with fifty dollars to start myself off. By then I was crying. She hugged me and told me she would miss me. Before I knew it, I was in the taxi watching the children wave from the orphange. I found a small boardinghouse where I paid fifteen dollars to eat dinner there, spend the night and get breakfast in the morning. I am now writing on the edge of my bed in the small room I was placed in. Tomorrow, I would look for a job, and, more importantly, start trying to track down my parents. The bracelet has the name Smith's Jewelry Shop. That will be my first stop tomorrow. I hope they can help me.

CHAPTER 3
March 19
My first day out in the world was an adventure of it's own. When I went to the jewelry shop, Mr. Smith looked at the bracelet and declared that he had indeed made it. He said that he had made about twenty of them, and was even kind enough to give me a list of all twenty people. Glancing at the list told me I had a hard job ahead of me, trying to find my parents out of twenty people from an old list. There were many places where the ink had faded, and besides, what if some of these people had died or moved out of town? I thanked Mr. Smith for the list, then I walked over to a restaurant to eat lunch. There was a Help Wanted sign hanging in the window. I asked my waitress what kind of job they needed. She told me they were looking for another waitress. When I asked to apply, she told me to come back the next day and talk to the manager. While walking back to the boarding house I stopped at any buisiness I saw to ask if they were hiring. Most of them turned me down right away. One pawn shop said they might take me, and that i could come back in a week if I wanted to. I was back at the boardinghouse in time for dinner. I was sitting at a table with an eccentric od man named Mr. Walters. He told me many stories about life "back in the day". It is now after dinner, and tired from walking around the city all day and listening to Mr. Walter's stories, I will now go to bed.
Good night.

CHAPTER 4
March 20
Today was a good day. I went back to the restaraunt and talked to the manager. After a few questions, she hired me. I work from1:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and she said she would give me 25 dollars a day, plus I get to keep any tips. i start work tomorrow. After the inerview, I went to the first address on the list. The, person living there, Mrs. Sullivan told me she had bought a bracelet like mine, and even showed it to me. She was obviously not my mother. i thanked her for her help, and since there was stll time left, I went to the second address. There was no one there when I rang, so i decided to come back another day. I sat at the dinner table with Mr. Walters again tonight, and was almost put to sleep by his boring stories. I should remember to try and find a different table to sit at.

CHAPTER 5
March 21
Today i managed to visit two more people from the list. At the first house I rang the bell, and had barely finished my story when the man at the door slammed it my face. He's definitely crossed off my list. At the next house, no one answered. I was going to qustion the neighbors, but The clock struck twelve, and i decided that the questioning would wait. I hurried to the restaurant. The first day wasn't so bad. Some of the other waitresses showed me the ropes and I was a pro in no time. I got back to the boardinghouse, and I was so tired, I nearly fell asleep in my salad. Well, it wasn't too bad of a day, but now I think I'd better hit the sack. Good night.

CHAPTER 6
March 22
I asked the neighbors of the house I visited yeaterday, but they said that house has been empty for years. It was owned by an old man, who died, and the house was never lived in since. They say its haunted. It's an interesting story, but I doubt it's really haunted. Another day at work passed without event, and I had a normal evening. I may go down to the lounge before I go to bed though.
Good Night.

Chapter 7
March 27
Sorry I haven't been writing the last couple of days. I somehow caught the flu, and was kept in bed for the last five days. I haven't been able to go to work, so I am running low on money, and I am no closer to finding my parents. The owner of the boardinghouse has been so kind to me, taking care of me while I was sick. I hope that I will be able to get out and go to work tomorrow.
Good night

CHAPTER 8
March 28
Today was a wonderful day. I went back to work, and everyone was so glad to see me. I was feeling so good, the owner said he was almost glad I got sick, because now I seem to be working harder than ever. After work some of the other waitresses and me went out to eat, and then spent the rest of the day in the park. I know I did not get to any more houses today, but as I get used to this new life, I start thinking of them less. I don't want to give up hope yet, but I think I need to spend more time with friends. We had sooooo much fun theis afternoon. I'll make up for not looking tomorrow. Until then, good night.

CHAPTER NINE
March 29
Monique, one of the waitresses, who is now my best friend, took me to a mall this afternoon. She was surprised when I told her I had never been to one before. I told her I had lived in an orphanage my whole life, so I didn't get out much. We had a great time walking around and trying on clothes, and afterwards, I still had time to visit a house before dinner. I didn't get anything out of that visit, except that these people weren't my parents. Where are you!!!! I want to find you, but I can't!

Last edited by comet855; 03-04-2010 at 08:41 PM..
comet855 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
♥I got my Rainbows♥

Erinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to all

Default Re: Orphan: The diary of Kay

That is cool I wonder what happens next.
Awesome this thusday is My Birthday I will be on to read it!
Awesome work
~Erin
Erinbeth236 is offline Female
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
I'm finally a

silver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome story so far! I can't wait for more!
silver75678 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Gifted

Webkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great story(:
Webkinzgirly1 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Don't eat my

Thank you all
I won't be on until late Thursaday, so I'm posting chapter 2 early. Here it is!
CHAPTER 2
March 18
Today was such a rush. Even though I packed last night, it still felt like I had a million things to do. Mrs. Williams still made me do all my usual chores in the morning. For lunch, she made a special goodbye meal with all my favorite foods. There was ham, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, stuffing, and for dessert a chocolate cake with the words "Good Luck Kay!" frosted on the top with blue frosting. After lunch, I said goodbye to all the chlidren. Poor Spencer started crying when he realized I was leaving. He is only three, and he thought the special lunch was for him. I could barely get him to let go of me after we told him I was leaving. Then I went with Mrs. Williams into her "office", which was really just the sitting room. She explained to me that she had found several jobs that I might like. She gave me a list, along with fifty dollars to start myself off. By then I was crying. She hugged me and told me she would miss me. Before I knew it, I was in the taxi watching the children wave from the orphange. I found a small boardinghouse where I paid fifteen dollars to eat dinner there, spend the night and get breakfast in the morning. I am now writing on the edge of my bed in the small room I was placed in. Tomorrow, I would look for a job, and, more importantly, start trying to track down my parents. The bracelet has the name Smith's Jewelry Shop. That will be my first stop tomorrow. I hope they can help me.

Last edited by comet855; 01-13-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Call Me Sarah!

millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!millie12378956 is the bees knees!

Nice story so far!!!!!!
millie12378956 is offline Female
Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #7

MoonshineLight is a glorious beacon of lightMoonshineLight is a glorious beacon of light

Very nice! Can't wait for more!
MoonshineLight is offline Female
Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
Don't eat my

Yay! It's chapter 3!
CHAPTER 3
March 19
My first day out in the world was an adventure of it's own. When I went to the jewelry shop, Mr. Smith looked at the bracelet anddeclared that he had indeed made it. He said that he had made about twenty of them, and was even kind enough to give me a list of all twenty people. Glancing at the list told me I had a hard job ahead of me, trying to find my parents out of twenty people from an old list. There were many places where the ink had faded, and besides, what if some of these people had died or moved out of town? I thanked Mr. Smith for the list, then I walked over to a restaurant to eat lunch. There was a Help Wanted sign hanging in the window. I asked my waitress what kind of job they needed. She told me they were looking for another waitress. When I asked to apply, she told me to come back the next day and talk to the manager. While walking back to the boarding house I stopped at any buisiness I saw to ask if they were hiring. Most of them turned me down right away. One pawn shop said they might take me, and that i could come back in a week if I wanted to. I was back at the boardinghouse in time for dinner. I was sitting at a table with an eccentric od man named Mr. Walters. He told me many stories about life "back in the day". It is now after dinner, and tired from walking around the city all day and listening to Mr. Walter's stories, I will now go to bed.
Good night.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
I'm finally a

silver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond reputesilver75678 has a reputation beyond repute

Great chapter! I can't wait for more!
silver75678 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
hy am I STILL a

london is just really nicelondon is just really nice

Great story so far! I think that since its a diary, it should start with Dear Diary, bah bah bah love,Kay

other than that it is a great book.
london is offline Female
Closed