Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
illiam has a bunny
Webkinz :)

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Wink The Nutcracker Ballet: Done in Webkinz!

Welcome to the Nutcracker Ballet: Done in Webkinz! Before you go any further, I highly recommend you put some water on the stove on for hot cocoa, go grab your fuzziest slippers and a blanket, and put on the Nutcracker music soundtrack!

Click the image to open in full size.

Okay, now that you're back, I want to introduce you to the Nutcracker Ballet. The music was written by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and was based on the original story "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King" by E.T.A. Hoffman. Although many different varieties of the original ballet are seen throughout the world, I did my best to include all "parts" in mine, and also tried to keep the characters as accurate as possible.

First and foremost, I have to give A WORLD OF THANKS to some awesome Webkinz Insider members who helped me make this play possible. They battled glitchy phones, invisible Kinz, coordinating schedules around the world to meet at certain times, and countless PM's from me trying to put it all together. I'm still amazed how willing everyone was to come together like this! And a special thanks to the "Editor-in-chief" Kinz Krazed, for looking over the entire project before it was posted...managing and uploading 250 pictures can have it's challenges, and Kinz gave me a much-needed fresh pair of eyes! Thank you also to CheekyDB, who has kindly made moving signatures featuring scenes from the story; I am in awe of your talent!

Please help me show appreciation to these people, because without them, this play would look nothing like it does today! You guys are the best!

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed watching it develop! Don't forget to scroll all the way to the end to see the credits and the scavenger hunt I've just added! Oh, listen.....I think the water for your hot cocoa is ready....so sit back, relax, and enjoy a holiday tradition....done in Webkinz!

For my niece, "A.Z."
You are, and always have been, my greatest inspiration.
You are my Clara.

Our story starts one snowy Christmas Eve. The Stahlbaum family was having a Christmas party, and all their friends had been invited! A hot fire crackled in the fireplace, and laughter filled the air.

The table was set with a feast of holiday food!

Mr. and Mrs Stahlbaum entertained guests, while others warmed themselves around the fireplace.

The children gathered around a new toy,

and all the guests were having a wonderful time!

Clara Stahlbaum and her little sister London were putting the finishing touches on the Christmas tree.
"I can't reach this one!" Cried London.
"Here, I can get it." Said Clara as she put the highest ornament on the tree.
Suddenly the doorbell rang....there was only one more guest who hadn't arrived yet...

"I'll get it!" Cried Clara as she turned for the door.

Last edited by Bindidog; 12-09-2010 at 12:17 AM..
Bindidog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #2
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Default Re: Approved thread.....by bindidog....uploading photos.

Clara and the children raced for the door.... But when they opened it, a mysterious owl dressed in black and wearing an eye patch appeared.

The frightened children ran away, scared by this old owl. All except for one, that is.
Clara would recognize her godfather, Herr Drosselmeir anywhere! Although he was tall and mysterious, he was also the best toymaker in all the land! Clara always looked forward to her gift from him every year, and this year was no exception.

Herr Drossermeir entertained the dinner guests with a couple of magic tricks, before bringing out three life-sized dolls. The dinner guests watched in awe as the dolls seemed to come to life, right before their eyes!

The dolls entertained the guests with a dance.

After the dolls are finished dancing, the dinner guests crowd around to get a closer look.

"I think it's time to open presents, don't you?" Hoots Herr Drosselmeir.

"Yes! Yes!" Cry the children, eager to see what the toymaker has brought for them.

Fritz recieves four toy soldiers,

Penelope gets a snow globe,

London recieves a doll house,

Last edited by Bindidog; 12-07-2009 at 02:01 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
illiam has a bunny

Juniper gets a doll,

and Bailey gets a stuffed dog.

"Well that's all the presents I brought! I hope everyone enjoys their gift!" Exclaims Herr Drosselmeir. Herr Drosselmeir looks over at Clara, who did not recieve a gift.
"Oh child, did I forget you?" He asks.

"Herr Drosselmeir, you always forget me!" Joked Clara. It was the same every year, Herr Drosselmeir would pretend he had given out all the gifts, saving Clara's gift for the very last.

"Well let me see here young Clara, I hope I didn't leave your gift at home!" Herr Drosselmeir felt around in his bag, and finally drew out Clara's present.

"Oh, he's beautiful!" Cried Clara with excitement. "I've always wanted a nutcracker! Oh thank you Herr Drosselmeir! Thank you! Thank you!"

All the children gathered around to gaze at Clara's beautiful nutcracker. All the children are delighted with Clara's gift, all but one of them. As Clara shows London how to crack nuts in the nutcracker's jaw, her brother Fritz, filled with jealosy, takes off his shoe and throws it at the nutcracker doll!

The doll falls to the ground, and breaks a small piece from the jaw. Clara begins to cry as Herr Drosselmeir rushes to her side.

"Oh dear!" He cries in surprise. "Well, there there now, it's nothing that can't be fixed later!" Said Herr Drosselmeir in an attempt to comfort Clara. "I'll wrap a handkerchief around his jaw, and he'll be okay. I will fix him in the morning, I promise."

"Let's put him under the tree where he will be nice and safe." Said Clara's mother as she placed the nutcracker under the tree with the other presents. Fritz began to cry, as he knew he was in big trouble.

The night was late, and the dinner guests began to leave.

"I'll be back in the morning." Assured Herr Drosselmeir. "I have to pick my nephew up from the train station, so I'll drop by after that."

"I can't wait to see Peter." Said Father. "I bet he's gotten so big by now! I havn't seen him in years!"

"Thank you for coming Herr Drosselmeir, and thank you for all the gifts for the children." Said Mother.

"Oh, you're very welcome! Goodnight then! "Said Herr Drosselmeir with a hoot as he flew from the door.

Now that the guests had left, Mother turned to the children. Fritz sat pouting, still knowing that he was in trouble for breaking Clara's gift.

"London, Clara, go upstairs now and get ready for bed. I'll be upstairs soon to read you a story. You, young man, go brush your teeth." Said Mother with a stern tone.

The children got their pajamas on, and went to their rooms. Mother came to Clara and London's room to tuck them in.

"Mom, will Herr Drosselmeir be able to fix the nutcracker?" Asked Clara through tiny sobs.

"Of course dear. He IS the best toymaker there is, you know." Assured mother.

Mother read to the girls until they shut their eyes, and were fast asleep.

Then she quietly left the room, leaving the girls to dream about Christmas morning.

But Clara had no intentions of going to sleep right now.

She checked to see if her little sister was still fast asleep, then crept quietly to the door and down the stairs.

Clara tiptoed into the dining room where the fire still crackled in the corner. She went to the tree and curled up next to her beloved nutcracker. Before long, she was fast asleep.

Clara didn't know how long she had been sleeping, when something woke her up. She rubbed her eyes to see what had happened, but all she could see were dancing lights by the tree.

Last edited by Bindidog; 11-29-2009 at 11:03 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
illiam has a bunny

"I must be dreaming." Said Clara. But as she watched the stars sparkle and swirl around the Christmas tree, she realized the tree was starting to grow larger too! It grew larger....

And larger......

And it grew so tall, it nearly touched the ceiling! The lights danced and twinkled around the tree.

Clara could not believe her eyes! Where the family's humble Christmas tree had stood moments before, there was now a gigantic tree trimmed in the finest ornaments!

"I have to go tell London!" Cried Clara as she turned to run out the door.

But as Clara turned to the door, she gasped in surprise as she stood face to face with en enormous mouse dressed in a soldiers outfit!

Clara froze. She didn't know what to do! All the sudden there were two mice. She didn't know if she should run to hide or try to get past them and run to her room. She tried to call for help, but she was too scared to make a sound.

Clara didn't even notice Fritz's toy soldiers mysteriously gathering behind her.......

A third mouse came and blocked Clara from leaving. Clara was so scared she couldn't move an inch....but suddenly she saw a long dark shadow coming in the door.....

The three soldier mice were joined by a gigantic Mouse King, bigger than any of the other mice! Now Clara knew she had to get away. She turned to run away.....

....Clara only made it a few steps, before twinkling lights caught her eyes, and she looked at Fritz's toy soldiers....

Clara felt like she was still dreaming. Right before her eyes, Fritz's soldiers turned from toys to real soldiers!

The toy soldiers smiled at Clara, and she watched in amazment as every one of the toy soldiers now moved just like she did!

And then without warning, the nutcracker toy standing beside her started to move his arms and his legs! Just like a real soldier, the nutcracker fell in to place next to the toy soldiers, ready for battle with the Mouse King.

With a loud cry, the toy soldiers ran to meet their destiny with the Mouse Army. The Mouse King ran straight for the nutcracker!

Clara watched in fear as the mice and the toy soldiers waged battle. They faught and they faught, and Clara hoped desperatly that the nutcracker and his soldiers would win.

But as the battle wore on, she could see the nutcracker growing tired. The Mouse King was beginning to defeat Clara's beloved nutcracker. Clara could not stand around any longer, she had to do something!

Remembering how Fritz had thrown his shoe at the nutcracker earlier that evening, Clara had an idea. She rushed to the tree and picked up an unopened present.

Then, just as the Mouse King was about to issue his final blow to the nutcracker, Clara threw the present with all her might directly at the Mouse King's golden crown.......

And she hit him!

The Mouse King rolled over in agony. He shrieked in a low hiss, and ran for the door.

When the other mice soldiers saw their leader retreating, they quickly followed in his footsteps. The toy soldiers and the nutcracker stood next to Clara as the Mouse Army retreated.

Last edited by Bindidog; 09-27-2010 at 11:32 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
illiam has a bunny

"Hip-hip-HOORAAAAYYY" Cried the toy soldiers victoriously. "You helped us defeat the Mouse King!"

Clara still felt like she was dreaming. Growing Christmas trees? Giant mice? Talking toy soldiers? What was next?

The soldiers and Clara gathered around the nutcracker, when suddenly.......

More lights began to appear around the nutcracker's head.......

Clara gasped in disbelief! Right before her eyes, the beloved toy had come to life!

"Hello Clara!" Said the Nutcracker with a smile.

"How did you....How? I mean....you were a toy!" Stammered Clara.

"And now I'm not" Said the Nutcracker with a big smile on his face. "You broke the spell put on me many years ago. I am in your debt. Let me repay you by coming to see the land where I came from!"

"Sure!" Said Clara ecstatically.

Two beautiful sleighs appeared out of no where. The Nutcracker helped Clara inside, and they prepared to leave.

"You take care of the fire." The Nutcracker ordered to his soldiers.

"YES SIR!" They cried in unison. All the soldiers waved goodbye to Clara and the Nutcracker as the two slid away on their magical sleighs.

Clara and the Nutcracker headed for the forest, which was covered in fresh snow. They watched as the silvery swirling snowflakes slowly sank to the soft snow below.

When they came to the middle of the meadow, they stopped to watch the snowflakes fall, when suddenly........

All the snowflakes seemed to smile and wave at them......

And a figure wrapped in a blue robe appeared at the end of the meadow.

"Hello Clara. Hello Nutcracker." Said the snowy white reindeer. "I am the Queen of the Snow Fairies. It is so good to finally meet you!"

"How did you know who we are?" Asked Clara curiously.

"Long ago there was a spell put on the Nutcracker, as you know. Legend had it that only someone with a pure heart could break that spell, and that someone is you Clara." Replied the Queen.

Clara beamed brightly.

"Come, there is someone I want you to meet!" Said the Queen with excitement.

Clara and the Nutcracker followed the Queen of the Snow Fairies through the dark woods.

Last edited by Bindidog; 11-29-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
illiam has a bunny

Before long, the three came to a magnificent castle tucked deep in the woods. Within the walls grew a garden of mysterious and magical trees.

"It's beautiful!" Cried Clara.

Suddenly Clara gasped. A figure had appeared from behind one of the trees. Who could it be?

The figure was the most beautiful creature Clara had ever seen! Her fur glistened in the starlight, and sparkles shone from her golden crown. Her glass slippers twinkled and glowed, and her dress was made of smooth silk.

The figure came closer to the trio.

"Hello Queen!" Said the Queen of the Snow Fairies.

"Hello Queen!" Said the mystical creature to the white reindeer with a chuckle. "Who have you found wandering in the woods?" She questioned as she looked at Clara and the Nutcracker.

"They have defeated the Mouse King. Clara broke the Nutcracker's spell!" Said the Snow Queen proudly.

"My my! Well this is cause for a celebration! I am the Queen of the Sugar Plum Fairies, but you can just call me the Sugar Plum Fairy. Won't you join me in my castle? I have a special gift to celebrate your bravery!" Said the Sugar Plum Fairy.

"We would love to!" Said Clara and the Nutcracker at the same time.

"I'll wait out here." Said the Snow Queen. "Someone has to make the snow, you know!" She said with a wink.

Clara and the Nutcracker followed the Sugar Plum Queen inside her castle. They could not believe their eyes.....

....for when they reached the grand hall, the entire room was made from candy! There were lollipop trees and gingerbread houses, and floating balloons filled with sweet syrup!

"They're all real!" Cried Clara in amazement as she nibbled a jellybean from the tree.

Clara then went and scooped the icing from the gingerbread house with her paw.

"Mmmmmm....it's good!" She mumbled with her mouth full of the sweet frosting.

"I better try some too!" Said the Nutcracker as he took a big bite of a giant gum-drop. He chewed and chewed on the soft gooey candy.

Suddenly there was a commotion at the door. The Nutcracker rushed to Clara's side.

"These are some friends I've invited." Said the Sugar Plum Fairy. "They are the Sugar Plums!"

Clara and the Nutcracker watched in awe as more and more Sugar Plums filled the room.

The Sugar Plum Fairy hopped up on her throne, but Clara and the Nutcracker were already surrounded by the dancing, smiling, and laughing Sugar Plums.

'Round and 'round they went, tickling the two with their tails.

Last edited by Bindidog; 11-29-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
illiam has a bunny

The Sugar Plums danced and danced,

"You'd better sit down for what we're going to do next!" Said the Squirrel Sugar Plum.

Clara and the Nutcracker did as they were told, and took their seats next to the Sugar Plum Fairy. They watched as the Sugar Plums huddled together in the middle of the room.

The Sugar Plums suddenly stood back, and a shower of stars filled the room!

"It's beautiful!" Cried Clara as she clapped her paws in approval.

"I've never seen anything like it!" Proclaimed the Nutcracker. The Sugar Plum Fairy just grinned to herself.

"Then I think you will like tonight's performance. Let's see who's next to entertain us!" She said with a smile.

One by one, the Sugar Plums filed out the door. Clara and the Nutcracker couldn't wait to see who would walk through the door next......

Like magic, a chocolate fountain suddenly appeared in the middle of the room. Then dancers the color of the chocolate began to dance into the room.

The dancers swirled around the fountain, just like the molten chocolate. Their actions were fluid and graceful, and their feet barely touched the ground.

When the dance was done, the dancers smiled brightly.

Then like the ripples of warm chocolate, they oozed right back out the door they had come in though.

"Fabulous!" Cried Clara as she applauded.

"Look! A wolf!" Said the Nutcracker.

Clara watched as handsome and majestic wolves began to line up next to each other.

The dancers dipped and bowed, all in complete unison with the others.

They fanned out across the room, their soft moccasins making no noise on the floor below.

The dancers came face to face with Clara and the Nutcracker, and all wagged their tails.

They turned and waved, all at the same time.

And then they could not hold back any longer. The wolves skipped and jumped, and danced to their heart's delight as they made their way out the door.

Last edited by Bindidog; 09-27-2010 at 11:35 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #8
illiam has a bunny

The next dancers to appear had wings as big as Clara herself. They looked like they could fly right up into the sky!

The winged dancers lined up together, and began to open and close their wings gently.

Then one bear flew up into the air!

The others laughed and giggled as their friend touched down.

They waved and smiled, and flapped their wings.

And when their dance was over, they gently fluttered out of the room. But before he left, the smallest bear snuck a jellybean from one of the trees!

Clara and the Nutcracker looked expectantly at the door, awaiting the next dancers....but none appeared. They waited and waited, but still, there was nothing. But suddenly.....

Clara and the Nutcracker heard a low rumbling noise......and noticed the gingerbread house in the corner of the room had begun to move! They could not believe their eyes as the gingerbread house came out from the wall!

The house finally came to a stop.....and suddenly opened up!

From between the houses, a tiny figure appeared......

She was a dainty old woman, with her gray hair pulled up high above her head. Her smile was large and loving, and she seemed to beam with pride.

"This is Mother Ginger!" Whispered the Sugar Plum Fairy as she winked to Clara and the Nutcracker. "Her children are the Bon Bons.....they are wonderful dancers, but only when they behave!"

Mother Ginger stepped out from her house, and one of her Bon Bon children followed her.

And another......

And another.......

Last edited by Bindidog; 12-09-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
illiam has a bunny

More and more children came out from the gingerbread house...All the while, Mother Ginger smiled happily at her large family.

"Okay children....let's line up for the Queen now!" Directed Mother Ginger. However, her children had different plans.....

"Oh my!" Said Mother Ginger as her children began running and dancing around the room.

"No...children....come here now! You must listen to your mother!" Pleaded Mother Ginger.

But it was no use! The children giggled and ran away from her. They skipped along, and sang merry songs, but they would not listen to their mother!

"Come on now, this is foolish!" Scolded Mother Ginger as she ran after her children. But her children just ran away from her!

She chased them this way.......

And she chased them that way.......

Until finally Mother Ginger gave up.

"Oh my!" She said....

Finally the children settled down, and began to line up for their mother. They still poked their siblings next to them and giggled and laughed......

But they stopped long enough for Mother Ginger to say "CHEEEEEESE!"

All the Bon Bons smiled their biggest smiles for the Queen and her company.

Mother Ginger was happy once again! Her little children went back into the gingerbread houses one by one.....

Until there was only a bushy tail left sticking out!

Then Mother Ginger got back into the gingerbread house too, and it returned to the wall where it had come from.

Last edited by Bindidog; 12-09-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:32 AM   #10
illiam has a bunny

Clara and the Nutcracker were stunned by the next dancers coming into the room. Their outfits were made of solid gold, and shimmered and shone in the light of the fire!

The dancers gathered around the fire, where they began to dance. Their dance was fluid, like the molten flames leaping from the fire.

When the dancers were done, they flashed bright smiles at the trio.

Then as gracefully as they had danced, they left the room.

The next dancers to appear seemed to be alive with flowers! Flowers grew everywhere....on their tails, on their backs, even on their heads!

The dancers approached the closed flower buds in the middle of the room......

And with a burst of fireflies, the flowers opened!

The dancers went around and around this way.....

And that way......

And like all the other dancers, they smiled brightly as their dance came to a close.

One by one the dancers left the room.

Clara and the Nutcracker again waited for more dancers to file in, but none came. Not even the gingerbread house came from the wall. The two looked at each other, and realized that had been the last dance of the show. They began to clap to show their appreciation.

"Oh, it was wonderful!" Cried Clara with glee.

"I've never seen anything like it!" Said the Nutcracker.

The Suger Plum just looked at them with a crooked smile on her face.

"There's one more dance." She said coyly.

Out of the corner of her eye, Clara saw movement from the doorway.....and gasped.

For stepping into the room was the most handsome Cavalier Clara had ever seen.

His fur sparkled in the light, and stars seem to surround him. He began to make his way across the room towards the trio.

....and stopped to face the Queen....

"Your Majesty, may I have this dance?" Asked the Cavalier. The Queen smiled at Clara and the Nutcracker, and hopped off her throne.

"Yes of course!" She replied to the handsome Cavalier.

Last edited by Bindidog; 11-29-2009 at 11:06 AM..

Tags
ah-ma-zing!!!!!!!, alg1128 loved it!, amazing, amazing!, best in the world!!!, christmas classic, code wowewe, five stars:wildgirl33, i loved it!, i want an autograph!!!, i want londons autograph, i ♥'ed it!! :d, ihacoks, littlebird was here, make a wish1, moonlight is famous!, mp loves this!, nutcracker ballet, play production, pookie rawks!, put some tape on this, sugarplumfairy rocks!, thanks for all your help!, webkinzro ♥'s it!, wow!!!