Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Rainbowebkinz888
Webkinz :)

winterainbows has a spectacular aura about

Default McKingly Mannor [scary story!]

The door banged shut behind me and suddenly I was immersed in darkness. My hands shook as I nervously fumbled for the button on my flashlight. “Just one night”, they had told me. Just one night and I would be the most popular kid on school. Everyone knew that the McKingly house was haunted. Even on the sunniest day of summer the house would have a cloak of fog draped over it. Sometimes an innocent second grader would get dared to ring the doorbell or peek in the window, but no one in living memory had ever went inside. At last, my fingers found the round button and I clicked it on. Light filled a moth eaten living room. A thick layer of dust covered the floor, tables and chairs. Like most old houses, all the furniture had been covered in white sheets. I looked around, whoever had covered the furniture had done a very sloppy job of it; chairs lay half covered and some of the sheets had rips and stains on them, others had fallen off completely. I took a timid steep forward and the floorboards creaked beneath me. A draft off cool air made my hair stand on end and I realized that my arm was covered in goose bumps. I let my sleeping bag thump to the floor next to me.
“Just one night,” I breathed.
My ears strained to hear some sign of life on this warm day of July: A car honk or the laughter of children playing at the park.
Nothing.
It was as if the cold aura of the house stripped away all connection to the living world. I was completely and utterly alone. A shadow moved and I nearly jumped out of my skin, a spider creped across the vintage carpet and into a crack in the wall. Well, might as well get this over with, I thought. I kicked open the sleeping bag and it neatly unraveled onto the floor. I need a pillow. I pulled one of the sheets off of a canary yellow sofa that had been decorated with white daisies. A single maroon pillow lay on it and I snatched it up. I glanced around nervously, nope, no beheaded ghosts or zombies had appeared demanding that I leave their stuff alone…yet. I shuffled back over to my sleeping bag and climbed into it. Goodnight. I closed my eyes.

I dreamt that I was back in my own house, in my own room. I was covered in thick, warm covers and I had nothing to worry about, nothing was going to happen to me. My closet door creaked open and a ghostly white hand emerged. I sat bolt right up in bed as the dead figure of Mike, the school bully inched towards me. He was bleeding terribly and in his right hand was clasped around a large maroon pillow. He took a menacing steep towards me and lifted the pillow high above his head. I grabbed a pillow that was lying next to me and with that we were off. Feathers were flying and Mike was laughing like a mad man. Then it stopped as suddenly as it had started, but this time the silence was followed with a low thump on the door. Thump, thump. Thump, thump.

My eyes flickered open but the thumping didn’t stop: Thump, thump. Thump, thump. I looked around franticly for the source of the noise and my eyes settled on the ceiling directly above me. A couple of big leaps and I was at the door, my hands searching wildly for the cool metal handle. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. My hands closed around a smooth metal surface and I gave it a good tug. The door stayed stubbornly closed and I pulled harder this time.
I was trapped.
Mike and his gang must have thought it funny too lock me in the house. Make sure that I completed the dangerous task I had been given. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. Suddenly I knew what I had to do. I spun around and faced the broken down staircase, there were cobwebs hanging from the banisters and the whole structure looked ready to collapse at the slightest touch. I raced up the creaking stairs, taking them two at a time. I reached the top just as a loud crash told me that the steps were crumbling beneath me. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. The noise was growing louder and I knew I was close. A single door stood at the end of a long hallway and it flung open just as I reached it.
Blackness.
And then I fell.
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…”
Comprehension dawned on me right before I hit the bottom. Maybe it was the fact that I heard it stop right before I crashed. It wasn’t the house that was thumping, beating as if it was alive. It was my heart.

Written and Edited by Me
A Project For English.
Hope You Enjoyed It!

* i do know how to indent but it's not showing up on here for some reason!
Sorry for my messed up paragraphs!

Last edited by winterainbows; 12-29-2010 at 11:19 AM..
winterainbows is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #2

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: McKingly Mannor [scary story!]

I really like the story, except it may be too scary for kids. I am not sure if it is violating any of the rules though, but it does sound a little gory.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Rainbowebkinz888

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
I really like the story, except it may be too scary for kids. I am not sure if it is violating any of the rules though, but it does sound a little gory.
Really? Whoops D;
& Gory? Where?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #4

where it says a bloody hole in his head? i am sorry if it doesn't say that, but it was good if you got me to imagine that
Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Rainbowebkinz888

where it says a bloody hole in his head? i am sorry if it doesn't say that, but it was good if you got me to imagine that
Oh, is bleeding bad? LOL I thought that since it was something that has happened to all of us at least some point in our life it would be okay. But I'll remove it if it isn't
Old 12-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #6

Well, I agree with you, but WI rules doesn't And did he die in the end?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Rainbowebkinz888

Well, I agree with you, but WI rules doesn't And did he die in the end?
It doesn't say
Closed