Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Go craft something
Webkinz :)

eunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clowneunice10899 is cool as a bunny clown

Default I am Determined to Survive Italy ~ A funny little misadventure of an artistic tween

Hey guys, thanks for coming! You may know me from my mystical and dark(ish) story, also here on WI. Or (this is unlikely) you may know me from my wolf saga. yeah, that one got closed. Shame And a bit of a cliffhanger! I wasn't finished!

Not that you would, but if you want, check out the link to Gioni in my siggie (that would be the slightly dark one).

Anywho, today I bring you a light and quirky read (yes, I am capable of such things). This was inspired by a favorite book of mine, Withering Tights! No no, not the old book. Check it out, it's a great book. This is the first bit I've done, but i will give you new updates when i can. Yes, I do have a vm list, and no, I will not do autographs. Yet

Chapter 1:
One week and three days ago I was in Mom’s “studio.” It was really our office with an easel where a sketch book was propped up next to a drawing book. Mom was not doing good with the drawing thing, so I tried out one of the project to see if it was as hard as she would not admit it was. It was easy. And I think it turned out well. And so did my parents, because they went crazy and sent me off to an art school in Italy. So I really don’t know if it was any good at all, because my parents are 30% airhead and 10% not smart. Now I am on the plane to Italy and I am all by myself except for my big blue duffle bag, which doesn’t offer much defense. The seat next to me is empty so I put the duffle bag there. As I stir my water with the tiny straw, I wonder if it was a good idea to leave Shep at home. Shep is a stuffed German Sheppard I have had since I was little. Usually it’s a good idea to bring something special from home when you’re going to a new place, but this summer I am determined to let go of childish Linni and become mature, grown up Linsey. I dug through my bag to find the pamphlet about the academy. Is, is that a pointy, furry black ear? I yanked it and out popped Shep. How did Shep get in there? Oh, look, a sticky note is on her paw. Linni Lu – You left Shep on your bed, so I stuck her in your bag. Have fun, Linni!
I’m off to a great start on growing up, thanks to Mom.

Chapter 2:
After the plane landed in Italy I pulled out my metal pole and entered the huge airport. Back home I decided to go to the dump one last time before I left. People throw all kinds f good stuff in the ‘bulk’ area of it. That day, I saw this metal pole. I went and knelt down to get a better look. It was shiny, about a foot long and a little more than an inch wide. The metal was thick and the end were all split and black. I was debating whether or not I should take it went I spotted a troop of five red ants headed my way. I made that decision especially fast. Armed with my new pipe weapon I sprang home. So now, marching through a strange airport all by my lonesome, I feel pretty confident that I won’t be mugged. Or at least if I am I can now defend myself well. It takes 20 minutes to find baggage claim (mostly because the Customer Help lady only spoke Italian. Yeah, real helpful), and when I get there, I am reminded that all I have is a duffel bag, because I spent another 20 minutes looking at weird bags and wondering where on earth my bag is. So by then I’ve missed the first bus, but luckily I found another bus with the same route. I board the huge, Italian-flag-striped bus, and tell the guy that I am headed to La Scuola dei Tacchini Colorful. I leave off the part I rehearsed about saying how I will become a famous artist there; the bus driver is a big, greasy-looking man who probably does not want to know that. He tells me to sit near the front so that he can call out my stop to me. I thank him in an extra-polite way. He’s got big arms.
“By the way, what does La Scuola dei Tacchini Colorful mean in English?” I asked him. He looked at the bus ceiling while he translated it in his bald head.
“It means, The School of Colorful Turkeys.” Great. So I am going to a school that’s named for turkeys. To learn art. And become a colorful turkey myself. Something tells me this was not how most famous artist started. Going to a school for vibrant turkeys. I brush aside this concept (for now. We are not done on this topic) and take a seat. Perhaps La Scuola dei Tacchini Colorful will live past its name. Even before I knew it was named for its multi-colored poultry, I envisioned it as a chic loft deep in the heart of Italy. We will go on field trips to the many art galleries and see all the famous artists. The family I will be living with will probably have high end taste, and we will be eating exquisite food every night. Judging by the amount of traffic and clothing stores here, I am guessing this is ‘deep Italy’. I grab my bag expectantly, waiting for the bus man to halt and call out for the gorgeous, brown-haired artist to get off here. But he doesn’t say that. Not even minus the gorgeous and brown-haired part. He just flies right through and no one even blinks. Except me. Quickly, I change my vision. Clearly, my host family and the art school will be charmingly rustic and on the fringe of the town. We will still make frequent museum visits, but maybe we’ll eat a little less exotically. I just hope it doesn’t have too much rustic charm. There is only so charmingly rustic you can go before going all-out rustic with no charm. But there go the run-down-ish houses. As we speed through Italy, my visions of the studio change just as fast as the scenery.
eunice10899 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
HalfPrincess06

GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!GHRS is headed for the top!

Default Re: I am Determined to Survive Italy ~ A funny little misadventure of an artistic tween

Great story! I love how much detail you put in! I'd love to read your wolf story, just flag it and a mod or admin will open it up.
GHRS is offline Female
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
etzcatz

Wetzcatz is just really niceWetzcatz is just really nice

Default Re: I am Determined to Survive Italy ~ A funny little misadventure of an artistic tween

What a nice story! i LOVE this Story. VM list, please?
Wetzcatz is offline Female
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
acky Rosebud9135

Rosebud91 is a genius through and through
Rosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and throughRosebud91 is a genius through and through

I like the beginning of this story please put me on your VM list.
Rosebud91 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
askmeformyWWidplz

Hatsrock763 is a splendid one to beholdHatsrock763 is a splendid one to beholdHatsrock763 is a splendid one to beholdHatsrock763 is a splendid one to behold

not bad for a begining. keep writing!
Hatsrock763 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Gifted

gympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed success
gympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed successgympuppy is an undisputed success

Vm list please
gympuppy is offline Female
Closed