Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

megapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud of

Post Diary of a (almost) Mermaid

Hi! My name is Meg! I wrote this myself! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment or critizize! I will accept all critisism!

VM List: Fairmaidenbmt, Labradorian, Dolphinheart, Craftyreader

Chapter 1

My name is Hope. This is kind of the story of my life. Well, not kind of. It is the story of my life. Basically, I’m spending half of daylight in school and the other half in water. For some, it may not be ideal. For me, I saw it as a dream come true. Life down there was amazing! The fish in every color I can think of, the saltwater warm and pleasant, the waves calm and serene. Yep, it’s pretty much paradise in the sea.
So, obviously, I swam a lot. Swimming was not unexpected at my school. In fact, everyone were like fish the minute they hit the water. We were basically swimming our whole lives. Any Olympic swimmer might have a hard time keeping up with us. I was no exception. I could hold my breath for what seems like forever and knew all the best places to see the fish and dolphins play. I swam nearly every day. In fact, I was swimming a lot today.
After the school bell rung, I was immediately in the water. I dove deeper and deeper to where the angelfish tend to swim around this time of day. One even said “hi” to me. The angelfish were always very social with students and teachers. Sentimental as it was, I had to stick to my main purpose for swimming every day. My eyes scanned the rolling hills of sand in search of that one shell that would speak to me, the one shell that was mine, my Sea Soul. No luck. It’s frustrating, but it cannot be helped in any other way.
My lungs asking for air, I darted to the surface for air. I realized that my legs were tired, too. Scrambling onto a rock, I rested with the sun kissing the horizon. This place was my favorite for the sunsets. It reflected against the water beautifully. The colors of the sky mixed with the blue-green of the ocean in perfect harmony. The quiet scene was interrupted with a splash in front of me. Up popped the smiling and warn face of my teacher, Ms. Vanderwave. “Oh! Hello, Hope, You’re swimming late.”
“Hi, Ms. Vanderwave. I was just looking for my Sea Soul”. I must have been looking really down because she looked at me with an empathic expression.
“Oh, very well, and do not worry. You will find it one day, most likely soon”. After that last remark, she dove under, flicking up her glistening tail. Yes, tail. I forgot that one detail. My teacher had fins. Everyone in the faculty had fins and a tail in our all-girls school. It was a little awkward when the students were human and the adults were mermaids and mermen.
It was not only awkward but a little inconvenient, too. The staff could not go on land. Students could not stay very long in the water. With an impossible clash of land and water, our school turned out a little weird. It was pretty much anything but normal. However, it was kind of fun, too.
As I was swimming back to shore, I pondered the words of encouragement my teacher gave me. Maybe I could find it, my Sea Soul. An ordinary seashell to most. However, to one person, it would change everything. Everyone has a seashell that they share a bond with. The Sea Soul can be literally anywhere. Almost no one at all can ever find theirs, but the few who do turn into mermaids or mermen with a matter of minutes of physical contact. It’s every one's main goal to find it in this school.

The evening bell rang as I ran out of the water and onto the shockingly white beaches. I was late for curfew again. Running for a cluster of small apartments known as our dorms, I noticed that there was no one out on a road usually crowded with girls playing hopscotch. Great, I was the last one in. I was surely going to be scolded for this.
I crash-landed into my dorm, out of breath. At the sight of what I call home, I was relieved. The long day was finally over. Our dorms are actually quite pleasant. They have nice bunk beds and lots of space. The room is never too hot or too cold. It is overall a great place to crash at the end of the day and when dawn breaks. There is only one downside. I climbed up the ladder to the top bunk when she walked in. She shot a sarcastic grin in my direction. “Hey there, roomie!”
“Veronica.”
“How’s the hopeless attempt at the Sea Soul?” This irks me.
“Look, just because you found your Sea Soul already, does not mean that you can rub it in my face!” She approaches me and pinched my cheek in an immature and sickening way.
“Oh, but it does! It does!”
“Why do you not just transform into a mermaid already and just leave me and probably the other girls suffering in your wake alone!”
“I’m waiting for graduation. There is a big ceremony for those who wait. It’s too bad you won’t be among them.” I felt my face becoming a little too warm.
“You don’t know that. Maybe I will find my Sea Soul.”
“I highly doubt it. Now, if you don’t mind, I would like my beauty sleep. See you in the morning, Hopeless” she said coldly. Veronica flopped into bed and shut off the bedside lamp. My face was most likely red hot right now, but she was too busy snoring in the darkness to see it. See what I mean? She’s an absolute menace and I have to live with her!
Quietly brushing my teeth and dressing for bed in the bathroom, she continued to snore. One could have run a bulldozer through the room and Veronica would still be sleeping. I curled up in my top bunk, creating a cocoon around my shriveled and defeated body. Something in Veronica’s insults hurt me inside bad. I was relieved that the day was over but, thought of what she said repeatedly in my mind. What if she was right? What if I never find my Sea Soul?

Last edited by megapril27; 04-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Format
megapril27 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #2

megapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud ofmegapril27 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Diary of a (almost) Mermaid

Please comment and\or critizize
Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Whoviancoffeelover

Fairmaidenbmt defies all odds
Fairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all odds

Beautiful scenery!! I like the idea of your story! I'm excited to see how it develops
Fairmaidenbmt is offline Female
Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #4

Thank you!

I'm working on chapter 2 now
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Whoviancoffeelover

Fairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all odds

Awesome I can't wait to read it
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #6

Thank you!

I'm almost done with chapter 2!
I think it will be ready by tomorrow
Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Good job so far!
labradorian is offline Female
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #8

Post Re: Diary of a (almost) Mermaid

Thank you. Feel free to critizize! I'm always accepting constructive critizism!

By the way, I finished chapter 2.

Chapter 2
The morning school bell rang as everyone in the halls scurried for their classes. Even the teachers seemed to be rushing as they swam in tanks above our heads and below our feet, carrying briefcases and pieces of writing. These tanks were kind of like wide tubes for those with fins to swim through. They were glass and made up the walls, ceiling, and floor. Again, anything but a normal school.

The halls, aside from the glass tube surrounding it, was like any normal hallway. the same wooden doors with a teacher’s name and class, poster describing random events. Although, not much goes on in this school. The lockers lined the hallways with decorative seashells and ribbons of different colors. Then there was mine, a blank blue locker with not much appeal to it.
There was a reason for this. I tended to be the odd girl in that school. No one really talked to me that much. I was always quiet and sullen but still stuck out like a sore thumb. My interests were different from everyone else so, I was by myself a lot. The two closest things I had to a friend was my teacher, Ms. Vanderwave. I was basically her star pupil. The other thing was the creatures in the ocean. They all liked me more than the other students for some reason.
I threw open my bland locker, grabbed my books in a hurry, and shuffled to class. Late, once again. I had mermaid culture with Ms. Vanderwave herself. Her classroom was really too elegant for words to describe. A powder blue hue on the walls with white seashells dotting the walls and ceiling. The room seemed to glow and shimmer sometimes. In the crystalline pool lined with beige stones, smiled Ms. Vanderwave waiting anxiously for class to begin. She was grinning wide yet, looking at us skeptically. This was her signature look. Many tried to mimic it but to no avail.
“The bell has rung! Come on, class is starting!” The quiet murmur that usually erupted before class gradually silenced. “Thank you. Today, we will review on what we have learned in the past few days. Veronica! Care to elaborate?” Even at the sound of the name, I winced. Veronica strutted toward the front with that cheesy grin of hers. Next to the pool, she whipped herself around to make sure her hair flew in a curtain around her. She stared at the class with those sarcastic eyes, specifically, me. Oh, if looks could kill…
“Chapter one, every person has a Sea Soul that will transform them in a matter of minutes upon contact. After the transformation, it is impossible to return to human form” she boasted in a matter-of-fact manner.

“Yes, very good. Now, what about the roles of a mermaid?”
“Chapter two, some mermaids or mermen will turn to agriculture. Some will raise the fish of the sea. Most will strive to be a siren who lures ships off track with their voice and beauty so that they never discover the colony of mermaids and mermen beneath. It’s the best and hardest role of all!” This sent a little anger through me.
“Good…and…” Ms. Vanderwave coaxed.
“And what?” Veronica had no idea! I found myself on my feet.
“MERKNIGHT!” It was a little louder than I expected, but alright.
“Oh, that. What about it?” Veronica said with a smug look.
“A merknight defends all fish and mammals of the ocean against the monstrous creatures that lurk in the darkness! They hold order against those who oppose life and happiness! They put their lives in jeopardy every day! A siren is not the hardest role! A merknight is!”
“Tch, you’re just defending yourself because you’re not pretty enough to be a siren! You can’t sing either for that matter!” Veronica scoffed.
“What about a siren!? They’re not brave enough to face danger head-on! They just watch, sing, and look pretty at a safe distance!”
“That’s enough!” Ms. Vanderwave’s face was beet red against the swirling blue waters. As if on cue, the bell rang. Ms. Vanderwave’s expression relaxed a tad as the students bolted out of the classroom, avoiding the fireworks. Veronica and I were in a stare-down to the death before our teacher broke the contest. “Hope! Veronica! Enough of this bickering!” Both of us looked at her now. She had our attention. “Veronica, it was quite uncalled for that you purposely left out such a tedious and important role of the merknights. Hope, that was disrespectful to the sirens. You both should be ashamed of yourselves! Now please! Make nice and go!”
Veronica sprinted away the coward that she is but I stayed and stared in shock. She never yelled at me like that before. However, I let it brush off of me and turned to go. I marched out of there with my head held high, not regretting what I said for a minute. If Ms. Vanderwave was too steamed to talk to me, I would simply play with my other friends, the fish in the sea.

Please Please PLEASE!!! Comment or critizize!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #9

Please comment and\or critizize
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Whoviancoffeelover

Oooh that Veronica is a little mean O.O

I'm excited to read more. Will we be learning a bit about Hope's past and parents soon or is it a surprise?

Sorry it took me a little while to post. If you want you can add me to your notification list if you have one?
Closed

Tags
worldpeace wowzers