Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
peasants
Webkinz :)

doggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guide

Default Crenshaw Cabin

~Crenshaw Cabin~

Chapter One

I swing the door open, bracing myself for the crisp air to hit. The snow crunches below my feet as I jog to the stack of firewood. I rip off the bright blue tarp, and grab as much wood as I can carry. I needed to return quickly; Sarah would most likely burn the cabin down without me there.

I open the door, dropping two logs in the process. "I'll get it!" A voice shouts from behind me. I turn around.

"Sarah! What are you doing out here? I told you to stay put! You'll freeze out here! Get inside!"

"I'm a big girl. Remember? I turned four yesterday!"

"How could I forget?" Sarah puts the logs I dropped by the fireplace, and I do the same. "By the way... I forgot to ask. Did you like you presents?"

"Oh, yes! Especially yours, Elizabeth." I had carved a cross out of twigs I found along the yard.

"Thank you. I'll teach you to carve, someday."

"Now?"

"No. You'll post likely stab yourself. Now, go feed the chickens. And put both coats on this time. I'll meet you out there shortly. I just need to change shoes."

"Fine."

I step outside and I'm immediately greeted by Sarah pulling on my jacket sleeve. "Come look, Elizabeth!" She cries.

"What?" Sarah pulls me to a big Oak tree.

"1,797." She says, pointing to a part of the tree. I look closer, and see that carved into the tree is '1797' and an arrow pointing downward, almost like it's pointing to something in the ground.

"No, Sarah, I think that says '1797'. You know, the year."

"Is that this year?"

"No, this year is 1876."

"Well, then what does this have to do with anything?"

"I'm not sure, probably nothing. Let's just feed the chickens and horse, then go back in. I'm getting cold. And I've gotta work tomorrow." I grab Sarah's hand and lead her to the coop.

All the rest of the evening I couldn't stop thinking about what that carving meant. What'd that arrow mean? What if there was something underground? What if it's ten dollars? What if it's a dead body? I can't bear the questions. I crawl out of the bed I shared with Sarah, and tiptoed outside.

Last edited by doggierocks; 06-22-2012 at 03:16 PM..
doggierocks is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: Crenshaw Cabin

Wow, what an intriguing story! I really like it so far. You have really good writing skills and that was very enjoyable. I can't wait to read more!
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 06-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
peasants

doggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guidedoggierocks is a golden guide

Thank you!

Chapter Two

I get my shovel out of the shed and try to dig in the frozen ground. The yard is practically frozen solid, so no luck. I angrily throw my shovel back in the shed, and turn to go inside. The lantern I had with me cast a shadow on the snow. Suddenly, another shadow appeared. I jumped back, and looked up from the ground. "Sarah!" I managed to speak.

"Sorry, I just didn't know where you were off to." She replies, twiddling her thumbs.

"Well for the last time, put a jacket on whenever you leave the house! It's ten degrees below zero for Christ's Sake!"

I see a tear roll down Sarah's eye. "I'm sorry, Sarah. But you seemed to-"

"I miss mommy and daddy." She interrupts, looking me straight in the eye.

"I do, too, sweetie." I scoop her up and carry her inside.

"Tell me the story about mommy and daddy again."

"Now? It's very late."

"Please?"

"Oh... alright, fine." I pull her into my lap and kiss her head.

"It all started the year you were born. You were hardly nine months when it all unfolded. Mommy was out gardening, and daddy was helping Mr. Banks with his sick horse."

"What were you doing?"

"Doing chores- you know, the usual. All of a sudden, I look out the window and see Mama laying on the ground. I ran outside and saw she was drenched in sweat. I ran to get Mr. Banks and Pa. Mr Banks was a doctor."

"You were real brave, right Elizabeth?" I smile.

"Yes. Pa carried mom to bed and Mr. Banks took a look at her."

"Typhoid, right Elizabeth?"

"Yes. Typhoid is what killed our Mama." A tear rolls down my face, and Sarah whips it. "A few weeks later, Pa came down with Typhoid. We didn't have the right medications. There isn't a way he could-" By now Sarah and I are bawling.

"I remember them, Elizabeth."

"What?"

"I remember Pa and Ma." I smile. "Ma was beautiful, Elizabeth." She whispers.

"I know." I whisper. "I know."

"So, how'd we end up here?"

"Sarah, I've told you a hundred times."

"But I wanna hear it again."

"Alright, fine. I knew if we stayed, we would eventually catch it. And, with no Pa or Ma, we'd be sent to an orphanage. Separated. I packed up Snow Gust's saddle bags with money, grabbed you, and rode away."

"And you came across Crenshaw Cabin, right?"

"Well, I was only twelve at the time. I came across this old deserted cabin, and called it Crenshaw Cabin. Our last name."

"Elizabeth?"

"What?"

"How do you do it?"

"What?"

"Feed me, you, Snow Gust, and the chickens?"

"You know. Work. I ride into town every morning to groom Mr. Cadbun's horses. And some other things."

"Why do I have to do stay with Jessica? Why can't I work with you?"

"You already know the answer to that. Your much to little. Now, go to bed." I flick off the light, and Sarah and I fall asleep hugging each other.

Last edited by doggierocks; 06-23-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Aw. Poor Elizabeth and Sarah. Seems like life has been really hard for them. I'm glad that Elizabeth can work and support her little sister.

I really like your story so far, I can't wait to read more. :]
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 06-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
peasants

View Post Originally Posted by gimmeabook
Aw. Poor Elizabeth and Sarah. Seems like life has been really hard for them. I'm glad that Elizabeth can work and support her little sister.

I really like your story so far, I can't wait to read more. :]
Thank you.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Wow. This is amazing. You really let us know how Elizabeth feels about Sarah, and how hard she works. I can't wait to read more.
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
peasants

Thank you! I've been on vacation, very busy, so I'll try to continue ASAP.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Alright! Have fun!
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #9

cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth

reopening per request
cbjhockey is offline Female
Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
peasants

Chapter Three

I groan as I hear the rooster crow. I open my eyes and I'm blinded by the sunlight streaming in through the window. I gently get off the bed, trying not to wake Sarah, and slip off my nightgown. Slipping into some work clothes and boots, I whistle happily. Sarah tosses and turns for a while, then finally opens her eyes. "Rise and shine!" I smile.

"Good morning." Sarah smiles back, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Suddenly, her eyes widen. "I had that dream again last night." She sings.

"Hm?" I say, trying to remember what it was. I remember her telling me about it last Tuesday- I was trying to concentrate on practicing my spelling. When I weed Ms. Gray's yard, she teaches me how to spell. So far I know that dirt is D-I-R-T, bird is B-I-R-D, and horse is H-O-R-S. Or was it H-O-R-S-E? That one I'm struggling with.

"Ya know." She whispers. "The one where Ma braids my hair and Pa teaches you to fish." Sarah is now smiling hugely. I smile back at her. Pa always said he'd teach me to fish. And Sarah is always jealous of the girls in town with the pretty braids.

"C'mon." I say, still smiling. "Get dressed."

Sarah holds onto my sleeve as I tie our horse up to the post. "Look!" Sarah cries out, pointing ahead. "That mans got oranges!" Her smile practically goes from ear to ear. "They're ten cents! C'mon! Can we get one? Please? PLEASE?" Now Sarah is pulling on my sleeve and causing people to stare.

"Sarah! Stop it at once! You know we can't afford that right now!" I say, pulling my arm away from her. Her face reddens. "Now let's go to Jessica's." I snap.
I knock on Jessica's white front door and it swings open. A dark, greasy haired, paled face women answers the door. It's Jessica. The noise of screaming kids echoes in the background. After doing a little curtsy, Sarah disappears into the house. "Care for a cookie?" Jessica smiles. I shake my head. "No thank you. I have to go to work." I start to walk away and I hear Jessica's door slowly slide closed behind me. Jessica was a friend of my fathers, and she watches Sarah for free. It's not like she feeds her or clothes her- but it's very sweet of Jessica.

First today is weeding Ms. Gray's garden. When I knock on her door and she doesn't answer, I decide to just start on my own. She might still be eating breakfast.

After a few minutes of weeding, I see something shiny slightly covered in dirt. With my left hand I reach forward ad dig it up some more. It reflects the sun and blinds me for a few seconds. I brush some more dirt off of it and then squint in thought. It's a pocket watch. Gold. It has the initial 'V' carved into it.

I could sell it for a lot of money. I could finally buy some wood and build Sarah a doll house! She's wanted one ever since she saw one in a store window one day. Pushing those thoughts away, I stand up. Ma would want it returned.

I hop up the porch steps and knock on the door. This time when I knock, the door creaks open a couple inches. "Ms. Gray?" I whisper, poking my head in. "Ms.-" I suddenly stop when I see her. Ms. Gray, lying on the floor. Her chest rises- she's not dead. I kick the door open. "Ms. Gray!" I shout, my voice shaking.
Closed

Tags
wi!