Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
bunnygirl661
Webkinz :)

skelanimalgirl is on a distinguished road

Talking Come Read part of my book-chapter one of Lost in the Afterlife

Lost in the Afterlife

Prologue

Alice wandered around aimlessly. She truly was lost. Suddenly, two dogs came up to her. One was pure white and the other was perfect black. She looked at the tags, surprised when the white dog’s tag said “Lost?” and the black dog’s tag said ”Found?”. What could that mean? She sat down to ponder this when a giant creature came into view. It couldn’t be, but just maybe. . . . . . . . . . .

Chapter 1

“Airplane 27 is now departing,” screamed the intercom.
‘Now which way is airplane 42?’ Alice thought to herself quietly. She was at the airport on a trip to Greece with her class. Her parents had forced her to go so she could learn about the gods and the, so said, beautiful architecture. Finally found it. Now just wait and wait and wait and be bored.

“Airplane 42 is ready to depart. Please get on,” the intercom lady said a little more quietly.

“Here we go now,” she thought to herself. “Just plain old boring Greece, why couldn’t I go to Paris with the rest of the girls?” Now Alice was stuck with thirteen obnoxious boys, her being the ONLY girl.

When she settled into her seat, she grabbed her cell phone and tried to text Desirae. The airplane attendant looked at her with a look she only knew to good, ‘get-off-your-phone-right-now’ kind of look.. She put her cell phone in her pocket as if everyone was screaming “Put it in your pocket!” and “Keep it out!” Finally the cell phone made it to the rhinestone pocket.

Then another boy came in at the last second so rushed I thought someone was dying. He came over and sat by me. I didn’t recognize him as part of our group.

“Hello,” he said with a slight Greek accent. I embarrassingly stared at him, for he was perfect. He had black hair with not a single one out of order. His freckles stood out just enough that they gave him a boyish look. And his eyes were black, a color I didn’t really think people’s eyes could be. “My name is Achilles.”

“What does that mean?” was all I could say. All I could think about was how beautiful that name was. It was like the first snowflake of winter. Suddenly his speaking interrupted my thoughts on his name.
“It means a handsome figure in Greek mythology.”
“Wow, it fits him perfectly,” my thoughts rang in my head. I asked him where he was from, which was a pretty stupid question, even for me in my dazed form. He said he was from Greece and was returning home. He went on about his family and home and his pets. But all I could think was, “why is he sitting her next to me? I am just a regular old nobody.”
“I love your eyes, they look like a river frozen in motion,” he said, staring right into my ice blue eyes. He said that to me? He couldn’t possibly like me.
All I could mutter back was a shaky thanks. Achilles smiled at me then, and I was sure he could read my thoughts.
The flight attendant came by, offering snacks and drinks. Achilles asked if I would like anything only had $3.00 with me where I could get to.
“Would you like anything,” he asked again, probably thinking I didn’t hear him. “Would you like to share some chips?” I replied back. He got some chips while I was wondering what he thought of American food. He only grabbed a few and gave the bag to me. Mmm, Doritos. My mom never got anything unhealthy. Oh, no. I felt like I was going to sneeze. And I did, blowing the powder from the chips all over my face. If that was bad enough, I didn’t even realize it until Achilles started to wipe it off.
I grabbed the mirror in my purse and saw myself, and I started to laugh. I looked like a clown. All the boys in my class started laughing at me, not with me. I grabbed a tissue and wiped it all off. How could a guy like Achilles like me now?

I sunk down in my seat so low I thought the airplane was going to fall. I took a small glance at the seat next to me to find Achilles was gone. I scanned the airplane looking for him when I spotted him next to one of the boys in my class. He had a stern look on his face and the boy had a scared look. Scared? Why would he be scared? I closed my eyes and opened them again. It was still the same scene as before. Achilles started coming back to his seat, smiling gaily as he went. What in the world did you say or do to that boy?
As soon as he sat down, I asked him what he was doing. He didn’t reply but, just kept smiling that *** smile of his. Big help he was. It was only then did it really sink in that I would be spending what would seem like forever in this airplane, sitting next to him. I talked and walked in my sleep, something I didn’t think I would need to worry about. I didn’t know he would be sitting next to me. I just kept sitting in that seat for the next 24 hours, doing everything I could not to fall asleep. I saw the sun go down and right back up, I saw the moon shining down upon anyone on the right side that had their windows down. I watched Achilles sleep almost soundlessly, except for when he stirred in his chair. I read some of my favorite books, I amazingly almost put together a small 100 piece puzzle until one slipped and fell under a chair, and then its friend came with it. As soon as the sun woke up, so did Achilles.

Can everybody tell me what they truly think?????I don't want that sugar-coated stuff. What do you think of the names?Thanks for reading it. I just started and was wondering if it was any good. I am hoping to publish the finished thing when it is done if everyone gives a pretty ok review here. I will keep putting up more as I go. Thank you!

Last edited by skelanimalgirl; 10-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: Adding more of Chapter 1
skelanimalgirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
ilovemyphone123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Come Read part of my book-chapter one of Lost in the Afterlife

It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You totally need to publish it when your done with it. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
ilovemyphone123 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
bunnygirl661

skelanimalgirl is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: Come Read part of my book-chapter one of Lost in the Afterlife

Thanks so much-even though you are my BFFEITA!!!!!(Best friend forever even in the afterlife)
It will take me forever to get it even done:wallb ash:
skelanimalgirl is offline Female
Closed