Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Creative Writing (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/creative-writing-196/)
-   -   Beyond the Eagle's Wing ∞ Book 1 ∞ Cardinal's Peak ∞ A Story by Kaitlyn (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/creative-writing-196/beyond-eagles-wing-%E2%88%9E-book-1-a-760487/)

redinky11-03-2012 06:06 PM

Beyond the Eagle's Wing ∞ Book 1 ∞ Cardinal's Peak ∞ A Story by Kaitlyn

Reserved for banner

Long ago, the 12 houses of the Zodiac were located beyond a mountain range known as the Eagle's Wing. And in those 12 houses lived the 12 rulers of the Zodiac - Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. But as new forces appear in the Valley of the Zodiac, things are starting to shift precariously...
∞♥∞
Chapter 1
Summoned by the Sun

Dawn never comes soon enough in the Valley of the Zodiac. Shadowed by the Eagle's Wing mountain range, night always seems longer here than in other places. I should know; I live here, after all. So, not wanting to get up until the sun had risen above the mountains,
I lay in bed, listening to the birds in the valley waking up. Being an air goddess, I know the calls of the birds by heart, sometimes better than my counterparts, Libra and Aquarius. "That's a blue jay," I thought. "Cardinal, chickadee, Horn of Sun... Horn of Sun?" I leaped out of bed, stretched my lavender fairy wings, and slid into my purple toga-style dress, which fell to my ankles. I put on my silver sandals and my silver-and-amethyst circlet and leaped out the window. I fell a few feet before my wings caught me. I fluttered over to the ceremonial circle in the middle of our little town. We use it for gatherings when we are summoned by the Horn of Sun or the Horn of Moon. As soon as I arrived, I heard the Horn of Moon. Immediately, everyone flew out of their cottages, literally. There were Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, the three Fire Elementals, Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn, the three Earth Elementals, Libra and Aquarius, the two Air Elementals (I'm the third, Gemini), and Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces, the Water Elementals. As soon as we were all in the circle in our designated sections, painted with our symbols, we spotted the chariots. In the first, which was gold, stood Sun. She had rich golden hair, brownish-gold eyes, and freckles, and was dressed in a long goldenEgyptian-style dress. She wore her usual gold collar, matching circlet, and golden sandals, and from what I could see, she had spent several hours cleaning her matching golden wings. Moon was dressed much the same, with her pale-blonde-and-silver hair kept in the same style, and her green eyes alert. She wore a white Egyptian dress with gold trim, silver collar, matching circlet and sandals, and immaculate pale silver wings. The chariots stopped above the circlet, and the two girls leaped down, landing on the two pillars in the middle of the circle.
"Rulers of the Zodiac!" cried Sun to the assembled audience, "I have some bad news. Scouts have seen a girl on a black horse riding towards the range."

Ever
yone gasped. Suddenly, Aries spoke, raising her red-fingernail ed hand to the sky.
"But, Sun," she said inquisitively, her dark brown-and-red streaked hair blowing softly in the breeze, "These mountains are impossible to climb on horseback or on foot! How would this girl be able to get here ?"
Sun thought for a moment. But Moon was the first to spe ak.
"We believe," she said in her soft voice, "that this girl is skilled in Darke Magic, making her crossing easier."
And that was when we knew that we were about to have a very interesting day.
∞♥∞
Chapters
Newest chapter on --/--/----
None yet, check back soon!
∞♥∞
Lunaii Portraits

Spoiler: show

∞♥∞
I hope you enjoyed this story!

Kaitlyn

BalletLove:)11-06-2012 01:43 PM

Re: Beyond the Eagle's Wing ∞ Book 1 ∞ Cardinal's Peak ∞ A Story by Kaitlyn

VM list, please!

BlueParrot11-18-2012 10:13 AM

Very nice story! I love how you put portraits so I can see who the characters are c:

fuzzinessrules11-18-2012 01:10 PM

Add me to the VM list (if you have one) This sounds really good so far. I like the little avatars of each of the characters. But, one thing, are they all girls? Because I always imagined Taurus and Aries as guys. But so far, so good :D