Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

Default Aboot the rules...

Quote:
We've got way too many stories going with inappropriate content. You may not write about dating (crushes are ok), kissing, gossip, fighting, etc. Stories with inappropriate content will be deleted.
I was re-reading the rules to see if my story (Secret Lives of Teenage Blobs) was going to be okay. I don't know how on Earth we're supposed to write good stories (especially the ones about highshoolers) when dating boyfriends, girlfriends, and gossip especially, is not permitted. I really really hope that a dance is allowed. Or maybe it'll be like 5th grade, when the guys can't take dates with them?

And, about 2 stories here obey every one of these rules.
Does anyone read them?
No.

I would appreciate it if the admins would clarify the rules for me.
This is my basic translation right now:
If you want to write a story about highschool, write about a pencil salesman.
If you want to write about fantasy, write about horses.
Want to write a good scary story? Too bad!

Please help me understand where you're coming from, larkrose, especially the no-gossip rule
luckypenny is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
not telling
Webkinz :)

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Aboot the rules...

The stories here on WI need to be appropriate for 7 year old children. Some of the older kids my give their character a boyfriend/girlfriend, and then give innappropriate details.
Fighting may give the younger kids the idea that 'hey, fighting is ok!'
Also, the scary stories are a little innappropriate for younger kids. It may give them nightmares.

I don't undersand the gossip rule. There's gossip in Pre-K, just not as extreme... I mean, seriously! Young kids talk about who stole who's animal crackers!
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

The gossip rule is the main thing for me... I hope an admin reads this

The other part is, dating: how are you gonna write story about people at school without it? At least dances are allowed, I guess. Do you know if those are against the rules?
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
not telling
Webkinz :)

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know... Yeah, dating is the main one for me, too. I had a story, Just Friends, that I couldn't continue because of the no dating rule. Oh, well. I guess, to keep WI safe, thay have to have these rules.

I'm not sure about dances, but I'm sure if you don't have the people like kissing and stuff, then it would be okay...
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

If you have an issue with the rules, please pm either smitchell or I. It's not necessary to create a thread and then "hope" that an admin sees it.

I'm sorry if you feel the rules are limiting, but think of it this way. We are not limiting what you can write, we are limiting what you can post here. Write all the high school dating and gossip stories you want. Just don't post them here.

All stories must be appropriate for readers as young as six. We have many talented writers who find a way to create very imaginative and enjoyable stories within the rules.
Closed

Tags
help me understand :p, i don't get it!!