Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Creative Writing

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
sonja54321
Webkinz :)

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Default Labradorian's Guide to Poetry-Introduction added!

Labradorian’s Guide to Poetry

Note- I will continue post on this thread unsystematically for the upcoming months. If you would like to be contacted when I post more, I am willing to make a VM list.

Introduction
Throughout the centuries and extending to today, poetry has been a part of society. Unfortunately, as the world has sped up, and tolerance for deep thought has decreased, poetry has been on the decline. It has been classified as ‘girly’ or ‘boring’ and sometimes even a scapegoat for writing actual novels. Many people believe that they cannot write it or that it must rhyme to be considered adequate. While others believe that poetry is only for ‘wise old geezers’. This thread will attempt to tear down some of the stereotypes of poetry and teach all those interested how to enjoy and write poetry properly.

Discussion
-Stereotypes you have heard about poetry or what you personally think of it. It may be positive, negative or neutral
- Experiences you have had with poetry-classes, teachers, books… what did you think of them?

Helpful/Recommended Links
(Coming Soon)

Last edited by labradorian; 11-20-2011 at 11:01 AM..
labradorian is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

Default Re: Labradorian's Guide to Poetry-Introduction added!

Nice job
labsrock is offline Female
Old 11-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #3

BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness
BlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicnessBlueParrot is epic beyond epicness

That is very helpful! Thanks so much for posting this! +1 rep :3
Old 11-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #4

kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art
kayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of artkayla8209 is a work of art

This is cool but this probbably belongs in the creative writing section
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209
This is cool but this probbably belongs in the creative writing section
I considered that but I'm not actually going to be writing poetry. This will be more of a discussion of poetry and how it works. I will consider your post though.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Excellent guide, Labradorian!
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Wondering..
Gifted

SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine
SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine

I'm confused. I thought that you said that this was a guide to poetry, but all it says is what poetry is thought of as. Are you going to write a guide to writing poetry, or is this just going to be a discussion about poetry?
SoccerPlayer06 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
sonja54321

View Post Originally Posted by SoccerPlayer06
I'm confused. I thought that you said that this was a guide to poetry, but all it says is what poetry is thought of as. Are you going to write a guide to writing poetry, or is this just going to be a discussion about poetry?
It will be a guide to poetry. I just started the guide with an introduction, soon I will add more to the guide and it will start to take form. Think of it as a prolauge in a story.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
Name: Bailey/Piplup

donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!

Ooooh! This looks interesting. A guide to writing poetry. If you did plan to make a VM list I'd love to be on it.
donpiplup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
the tardis stopped here