Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
for now i'm just a
Webkinz :)

wikawika8 will become famous soon enough

Default what do you think about communal contests?

hey
so i kinda noticed somthing about communal contests today: the prizes are getting worse, the goals, higher. why would i participate in the communal contest if i can get the item already? i really didn't want the store display, but it was the best prize. you can't even sell them for much kinzcash. i'd say the best prize was an abracadabra candlebra. at least it looked good in my room...
i feel kinda cheated out of my time playing the game as well to try and help get 225 million.
no offence if you like communal contests. what do you think?
wikawika8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
uvs their bunny<3
Gift Trainee

mashley is sweet stuff
mashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuffmashley is sweet stuff

Default Re: what do you think about communal contests?

I agree that the prizes are terrible. Not even a rare item this week. I also feel like maybe there should be two tiers of prizes - a really good prize for those that play and maybe the w-shop prize for those that vote but don't play. It doesn't seem fair somehow.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
bbuttons
Gifted

Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine
Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine

No, it's not fair. You don't have to play to win. And the prizes aren't very good either, but since it's something for nothing I always make sure I vote.

I think they should do away with it or fix it so it has some value.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

I think they should make it a rule that you have to play to win, even if it's a game you are no good at, at least you have contributed! Make the prizes better too
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #5

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

They definitely need to do something about those that don't play. And the goals are getting higher and higher while the value of the items is diminishing. Course, what I wonder is are the number of entrants increasing so that the number of points needed per person isn't acutally increasing that much. I still like the concept but am becoming more and more disillusioned with the way it is being handled.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

It is fair since it is the rule.
You many not like it, but it is fair.
Imagine if non-voters were expelled from democracies (they'd be pretty empty & where would the people go?)
or if religions kicked out non-perfect members or those who broke any rule
(Don't lie - probably broken by everyone almost every day),(they'd all be member-less).

Community is like the family definition stitch (626) learnt - no one gets left behind.
You join the community by voting &/OR playing; either takes effort.
If no one voted, there may be no prize.
Is a person who doesn't vote & plays 2 seconds & only get 12 pts and 0kc on a kc determined contest
more eligible than a person who studies the prizes & votes but then gets sick & can't play?
No matter how little, they both did something extra & qualify by the rules.

I didn't understand those who voted for the candleabra -
another item that week had a higher resale than its cost so you could have bought the candleabra
& still have had more kc to use elsewhere.
But that was the vote, so c'est la vie

They are fine tuning.
Prize values have been on a roller coaster - up & down & up & down.
Each game is different so you can't do a straight compare of pts or kc required each week.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
for now i'm just a

I think i agree with Marshley, two tiers of prizes agrees with the "community part" and it's alot more fair to the people who actulally win the contest.
but all of your opinions are right- the communal contest needs alot of fine tuning.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
for now i'm just a

according to the update, communal contests are only going to give out prizes to those who play! now they just need to fix the prizes to somthing better and the goals and pherhaps communal contests will actually be WORTH my time.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #9

iamsunshine1978 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by wikawika8
according to the update, communal contests are only going to give out prizes to those who play! now they just need to fix the prizes to somthing better and the goals and pherhaps communal contests will actually be WORTH my time.
I agree that they are not worth playing now. I have already decided to not even vote or participate on any of our families accounts until the prizes are GREATLY improved and WORTH playing for.
iamsunshine1978 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
meow9247 !!
Gifted

meow9247 is a jewel in the roughmeow9247 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by mashley
I agree that the prizes are terrible. Not even a rare item this week. I also feel like maybe there should be two tiers of prizes - a really good prize for those that play and maybe the w-shop prize for those that vote but don't play. It doesn't seem fair somehow.
this week, ganz changed the rules! you can only win the prize if you help win the goal. so its much fairer
meow9247 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
communal, contest, game, goal, prize