Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted

cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!

Default Well so much for the value of the purple slips

Well as of tomorrow the value of the coveted purple slips has fallen. The newz has said there will be a peek a news starting tomorrow and that is one of the prizes. This is going to make a lot of collectors happy and mad at the same time
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Well so much for the value of the purple slips

Well, the promotion only runs for a week.

I've always thought it was a scam that people want so much for those pretty little slippers. They are a prize from the trading cards and are not retired. They became popular in the trading rooms and the demand for them went out of control. I could buy a pack or trading cards today and have a chance of getting a pair of slippers. I am so glad that they decided to do this peek a newz event. Good luck everyone..........don't let a little pair of pixel slippers ruin your day!!

*I would like to add that I have bought many packs of trading cards and have personally gotten the slippers almost as many times as the other clothing items. Yes, the chance is rarer than some of the other pieces, but not impossible. The only thing keeping the so-called "value" of the slippers up is demand and the fact that people want huge items for them.

Last edited by Robmomm; 09-09-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Robmomm is offline Female
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted

cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!cheree31 is not just visiting!

lol well said but it will be nice to not be asked if i have them for trade lol Now if we can get a peek a newz for shuts, torn and hula lol
Old 09-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by cheree31
lol well said but it will be nice to not be asked if i have them for trade lol Now if we can get a peek a newz for shuts, torn and hula lol
Wouldn't that be nice!! I love those outfits!!
Robmomm is offline Female
Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

Hmmm....looks like them!

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgNafaria peek-a-newz.JPG (54.4 KB, 190 views)
WetNose is offline Female
Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

I noticed Ganz has started making different leveled prizes for the Peek a Newz... some are very hard to get, as we saw with the Cave Explorer Top in AP peek a news and Stoogles Plush in Alex Floaty promotion, and I am sure slips will be the same in this one along with the window since they are so coveted. I am hoping everyone has an opportunity to get them, because really I don't care for the value, I care about the fashion, and how well they look on pets.

View Post Originally Posted by cheree31
That would be equally as nice! I would love some Shutter Shades for my pet.

Last edited by Priceless; 09-09-2011 at 11:08 AM..
Priceless is offline Male
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
I noticed Ganz has started making different leveled prizes for the Peek a Newz... some are very hard to get, as we saw with the Cave Explorer Top in AP peek a news and Stoogles Plush in Alex Floaty promotion, and I am sure slips will be the same in this one along with the window since they are so coveted. I am hoping everyone has an opportunity to get them, because really I don't care for the value, I care about the fashion, and how well they look on pets.

That would be equally as nice! I would love some Shutter Shades for my pet.
You make good points, Price. Probably the slippers will be rarely given out.
The purple Dancing Shoes also sparkle and look nice on our pets; they were/are a prize for attending a clubhouse party - fairly easy to get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgpurple Dancing Shoes.JPG (17.8 KB, 215 views)
WetNose is offline Female
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

Oh, cool! I don't have most of those prizes. In the trading room, I'll be asked if I have shuts slips or torn and I have to say, sorry don't have them. But maybe, just maybe, I'll get a couple pairs 'o slippers to trade!!
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by WetNose
You make good points, Price. Probably the slippers will be rarely given out.
The purple Dancing Shoes also sparkle and look nice on our pets; they were/are a prize for attending a clubhouse party - fairly easy to get.
I have a pair of those pretty sparkling shoes, but they are very weird on my pet, and in my honest opinion, junky just because of how large in size they are, and are dress up clothes.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #10
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Personally I think the slippers are over priced (over valued) in WW. So it would be nice to actually get some for the kiddos. However, I am not holding much hope for actually getting them. I am sure they will still be more difficult to get in the "random" prizes. Just like a few pieces of the park clothing (never did see that cloud dress or diving helmet) or in the wacky one (we felt lucky to get a charm or plush, the bigger better items were nearly impossible).

So I guess if the past events mean anything combined with our luck...out of 9 accounts, the only way we will get a pair of slips is if Ganz values them the same as a food. lol
blessedx5 is offline Female
Closed