Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #21
CleoCosette

Default Re: Weekly Contest Voting Changes - Explanation

Hey, was it okay that I that I posted my room as an attachment? My dad couldn't figure out another way.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #22
Bandie

View Post Originally Posted by Karolka
This is what I think..

The rules have been stated from the beginning, right? There was nothing written about a top 12 list. Therefore, this information should have been stated and done in the beginning of the color contest or in the following contest, which is now to decorate a small bathroom. Since there was no information that a top 12 list would be choosen everything should have proceeded as in the backyard contest, regardless of the time and effort it would take WI to make the polls (as i mention a top 12 list was not stated in the beginning). Think about all those who took there time and effort to produce these rooms thinking that they would be in a poll. And think about those who would not have even wasted their time if they knew a top 12 list would be picked.

If I had known from the beginning that there would only be a top 12 list, then this contest would have been one that i would have not entered. Why? Because compared to the bathroom contest, the color contest is something not many people have in their homes and it takes time,effort,kinzcash,etc to make these types of rooms.

Understand, that when someone omits important rules, then they get disqualified, am I correct?

Winnie, I believe that you left out a VERY VERY important piece of information. Leaving many people unsatisfied.
Therefore, You are disqualified

However, I do feel that a top 12 or maybe even a top 15 list is a great idea.

booyah! couldn't agree with ya' more......I am very mad about this, if I would've know, I wouldn't have paid that much to do my room.......unlike the batroom contest, this is a BIG DEAL!!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #23
CleoCosette

hey if there were only twelve finalists why so many prizes?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #24
Bandie

View Post Originally Posted by Cleopatra312
hey if there were only twelve finalists why so many prizes?

the prizes are for other contests too
Old 06-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #25
PMme4it
Gift Guru

DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!

Winnie, you and the staff are doing a great job. I completely understand picking the top 12....honestly...it was overwhelming looking at so many and having so many great yards to choose from. I trust y'all to pick the top rooms for each contest for us to vote on. If we make it in...all the better. One thing I have learned is that, unfortunately, you will never please everyone and sometimes you have to do things that are best for you, but not always popular. I will continue to enter as it is fun just to create something new and see what everyone else is doing. Please keep up the good work, and keep doing the contests. My family and I appreciate you!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #26
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Karolka
This is what I think..

The rules have been stated from the beginning, right? There was nothing written about a top 12 list. Therefore, this information should have been stated and done in the beginning of the color contest or in the following contest, which is now to decorate a small bathroom. Since there was no information that a top 12 list would be choosen everything should have proceeded as in the backyard contest, regardless of the time and effort it would take WI to make the polls (as i mention a top 12 list was not stated in the beginning). Think about all those who took there time and effort to produce these rooms thinking that they would be in a poll. And think about those who would not have even wasted their time if they knew a top 12 list would be picked.

If I had known from the beginning that there would only be a top 12 list, then this contest would have been one that i would have not entered. Why? Because compared to the bathroom contest, the color contest is something not many people have in their homes and it takes time,effort,kinzcash,etc to make these types of rooms.

Understand, that when someone omits important rules, then they get disqualified, am I correct?

Winnie, I believe that you left out a VERY VERY important piece of information. Leaving many people unsatisfied.
Therefore, You are disqualified

However, I do feel that a top 12 or maybe even a top 15 list is a great idea.
I totaly agree.I understand the change inprocedure but it should have started with this weeks new contest were everyone could be informed before entering. We definatly don't get leeway with the rules and would like the same respect in return.No one expects the staff of WI to be superhuman in there efforts to run this forum in a fair and respectfull way but we also hope that our time and feelings would be taken into account. While I thankyou for all you do this particular situation dissapoints me.
k2ramal is offline Female
Old 06-19-2007, 12:59 AM   #27
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru

AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

I'm pretty irked about this as well. First, because it wasn't stated in the begininning, but hey, mistakes happen - that's no big deal.

Secondly, because I think that 12 entries is A LOT of "narrowing down" from a big pool of original contestants. I think that the finalist pool should be bigger than 12 ... perhaps 25 ... certainly more work than 12, but definitely A LOT less work than all the original entries.

Also (and this isn't true with the bathroom contest currently running, but only the color theme contest) - I think that contest should have been narrowed down to at least represent ALL the colors that were submitted, instead of a smattering of red, yellow, and whatever. I mean, where's a green room? Green is my (and a lot of other people's) favorite color, yet there is no representation of that (and many others, including my brown room) in the finalists.

I understand that this is a big undertaking, but, let's be honest, it's not like WI didn't KNOW that this would be a big undertaking when they decided to have contests. Personally, I don't think it would be SUCH a big undertaking if you didn't repost the pictures in the voting thread. Just include a link to the entry thread for people to go look at the pictures themselves. Honestly, that's what I started to do with the outdoor contest, and then I saw that Winnie had reposted the entries in the voting thread, but I still went through the pictures in the other thread because they were clearer than the reposted pictures. Why can't you do that? Certainly it would make the job MUCH easier on you.

But, whatever, these are just my thoughts (unpopular though they may make me), and I know that no matter what I or anyone else on these boards say, our changes/suggestions/complaints won't be taken into consideration ... but it's just nice to get it off of my chest.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #28
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

I've closed the thread because Winnie and I have come to a decision on the matter.

First, since everyone is so upset that their entries weren't selected, Winnie will create a new poll with all the options. Per AUMagic's suggestion, it will just be attached to the original contest thread. This way, everyone's entry is on the list and no one will be upset any longer.

Second, the bathroom contest will be ending early. We will be ending it this evening, Tuesday, June 19th, instead of running it for its original length. Please submit your entry by 11:59 KT this evening if you want to enter the contest. The voting will be polled in the same manner.

You may be asking why we're shutting down the newest contest.. Winnie is terribly upset. This was supposed to be fun for everyone and had turned into a great deal of work for the staff. We were happy to do the work and donate all the prizes for all of you. When a good deal of you started attacking Winnie and the decisions that were made, Winnie decided to quit here at WI after finishing these last contests. She's told us that she may come back, but, for the time being, she just can't handle it.

I'm ashamed that you would all act this way, and I've told Winnie that I agree with the reasoning behind her decision to depart and end the contests, as this will only get worse from here on out. I'm very surprised many of you would be so upset and directly attack WI and its staff. Most contests in the real world are run in this manner when hundreds or more entries are received, so we assumed that this would be okay for WI contests. Apparently not, so we'll have to think of something a month or two from now that may work better. For the time being, there will no longer be a designing contest running on WI.
Justin is offline Male
Closed