Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
WIgivez

WINNIE is just really niceWINNIE is just really nice

Default Re: Weekly Contest Voting Changes - Explanation

View Post Originally Posted by Dancer4Life
What if you had a system with like "the first 12 people nominated by some1 other than themselves are going to be the top 12"?
I'd be concerned about people having their friends run and nominate them so they could be in the Top 12? At least under the current system, there are a group of people evaluating the entries versus 'first come first serve.'

Thanks again for the suggestions.

PS - Congrats on your Jukebox!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
cacaoxlacte

I do understand why this change was necessary...it was very overwhelming. However, I feel not all colors were represented and it was unfair to spring this on us at the last minute. I spent a lot of time comming up with this idea, a lot of kinz cash buying the room and the items, a lot of trades making it....and for what? Really, the new system is a matter of opinion. I do not dissagree with the 12 entries, but the contest was for creativity. Some entries chosen of the 12 were similar to W Shop themes!!!!!

This was mine. I worked very hard on it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Pianoman2
Gift Guru

Pianoman is a jewel in the roughPianoman is a jewel in the rough

Well, you didn't tell us! I wouldn't have wasted 4,000 k.c plus if I had known that you were just going to not even give us a chance! At least have what you would call the 24 most likely to win and give all the other people no chance.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #14
cacaoxlacte

I do think the changes were necessary -- the outdoor rooms were too much to post.

But this?!?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #15
Bandie

yeah i am upset too a little bit of warning would have been nice, I drained my kinzcash to 2000 last night remodeling, I am upset, and didn't get anything out of this.........a refund would be nice right now......
Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

First, thank you Winnie for the new way contests will be held. It was a bit overwhelming checking them all out. So glad it will be up to you now. I really don't think alot realize all the work that is involved.
Second, for those who complained of all the kinzcash they spent, no one said you had too and really look at the lovely rooms you have created for your webkinz.
The bathroom contest is the first one I entered as couldnt figure how to post the picture.
It took me quite awhile and no so happy I learned something new.
I'm sure we all enjoy looking at others ideas and will pick up a few that we will want to try and recreate.
Let's all be grateful and thankful for all the Webkinz Insider has given us. Think of all the time Justin and the moderators give, without them we would not be here. Where else would you go for all the latest information. The contests should be considered a bonus and not the main reason for joining WI.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #17
ygk3hello
Gift Guru

WatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of lightWatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of lightWatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of light

I was ecstatic to find I was one of the twelve finalists, especially since I'm a novice at decorating and this is my first contest. However, my heart dropped when I found out that not all entries were considered. I know how much time went into mine, so I can guess how much time went into all the entries. I'm sad especially for the kids who worked hard on their rooms.
I completely understand, emphatize, and respect your reasons, Winnie. I only wish you'd had the forethought to state this is how it was going to be at the start of the second contest, or, at the least, notify us that the change was taking place, before doing so.
On the positive side, we all make mistakes, and I believe you have learned a valuable lesson from this. None of us wants to feel undervalued, and I have no doubt the contests will be much improved going forward. Finally, let's not forget that Justin and staff put in tremendous amount of work every day to give us a site that is fun, informative, interactive and free. Let's help them keep it that way!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #18
cacaoxlacte

View Post Originally Posted by Gram2Four
First, thank you Winnie for the new way contests will be held. It was a bit overwhelming checking them all out. So glad it will be up to you now. I really don't think alot realize all the work that is involved.
Second, for those who complained of all the kinzcash they spent, no one said you had too and really look at the lovely rooms you have created for your webkinz.
The bathroom contest is the first one I entered as couldnt figure how to post the picture.
It took me quite awhile and no so happy I learned something new.
I'm sure we all enjoy looking at others ideas and will pick up a few that we will want to try and recreate.
Let's all be grateful and thankful for all the Webkinz Insider has given us. Think of all the time Justin and the moderators give, without them we would not be here. Where else would you go for all the latest information. The contests should be considered a bonus and not the main reason for joining WI.
I do realize this and posted it. You have no idea how I am greatful. However, I am just disapointed I am not one of the finalists. The new system can be a bit scewed, for example, the WI Staff members may pick other wi staff because they are friends/co workers. That is all. Please, when I read this my heart sank because you made me feel very ungreatful like this was directed at me and the others who simply voiced our opinions. I agree it is easier to look at a less number of entrys. However, the system for picking the finalists could be better. That was my suggestion. For example -- not all colors were represented.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #19
Gifted

infoarch is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by cacaoxlacte
The new system can be a bit scewed, for example, the WI Staff members may pick other wi staff because they are friends/co workers. That is all. Please, when I read this my heart sank because you made me feel very ungreatful like this was directed at me and the others who simply voiced our opinions. I agree it is easier to look at a less number of entrys. However, the system for picking the finalists could be better. That was my suggestion. For example -- not all colors were represented.
I would never suspect that the WI staff would be biased when narrowing down the entries. The staff donated their time AND the prizes - they are not suddenly going to go mad with power and use it to make sure their friends win one of the prizes they donated. You might want to think about what you suggested because it's a little insulting. The solution isn't perfect, but given time constraints, it's the best alternative. Your suggestion regarding the colors is another alternative, but I wouldn't consider it fair either. Not all the colors were represented, but there were far fewer of some colors than others. Making sure all the colors were represented would have meant a lot of mini-contests: yellows versus yellows, blues versus blues, etc. So people who submitted blue or yellow rooms would have been competing against a lot of others, while people who submitted brown or white would have been competing against just a few others. The latter group would have had a much better chance of winning just because of the color they chose. Going with the top 12 choices among the judging group was the better choice.

The only suggestion I have is to consider having the winner (or all three winners) participate in the selection of the next week's finalists. Of course, that would not work if they wanted to participate in that contest as well.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #20
Karolka08
Gifted

Karolka is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I think..

The rules have been stated from the beginning, right? There was nothing written about a top 12 list. Therefore, this information should have been stated and done in the beginning of the color contest or in the following contest, which is now to decorate a small bathroom. Since there was no information that a top 12 list would be choosen everything should have proceeded as in the backyard contest, regardless of the time and effort it would take WI to make the polls (as i mention a top 12 list was not stated in the beginning). Think about all those who took there time and effort to produce these rooms thinking that they would be in a poll. And think about those who would not have even wasted their time if they knew a top 12 list would be picked.

If I had known from the beginning that there would only be a top 12 list, then this contest would have been one that i would have not entered. Why? Because compared to the bathroom contest, the color contest is something not many people have in their homes and it takes time,effort,kinzcash,etc to make these types of rooms.

Understand, that when someone omits important rules, then they get disqualified, am I correct?

Winnie, I believe that you left out a VERY VERY important piece of information. Leaving many people unsatisfied.
Therefore, You are disqualified

However, I do feel that a top 12 or maybe even a top 15 list is a great idea.
Closed