Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
WIgivez

WINNIE is just really niceWINNIE is just really nice

Default Weekly Contest Voting Changes - Explanation

The WI Management and I made the decision to narrow the contest voting down to 12 entries because it was just overwhelming to do it the way we did the first week. Hours upon hours went into setting up the huge poll, formatting, posting and labeling all of the pictures, etc (all of which Justin was doing on top of his 100 million other duties.) It was just too difficult administratively to handle.

I do apologize for erroneously omitting this information in the original Week 2 contest rules. It will be noted in all contests going forward.

I understand that some of you may not participate in light of the recent changes, however, our only other alternative would be to cease contests altogether which we don't want to do.

Please post here if you have any additional questions. Thanks to all of you for your understanding!

Love,
WINNIE
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
luvmigames
Gift Guru
Luvmigames will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Weekly Contest Voting Changes - Explanation

I Knew that was the reason, but it was just the unintentional omission that is what has everyone in my household up in arms (not really up in arms- we don't have any weapons here). I thank you for the clarification - it helps, and I also thank you and the whole team for doing the contest. I, for one, will not stop entering the contest, as I had mentioned that I would still enter any new ones. I still think it is fun, and as a whole- it gives ideas for future rooms in my virtual world.
Again- many thanks - points given.

Last edited by Luvmigames; 06-18-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

Is this the way all contests are to voted from now on cause it dosen't say so in the new contest?
k2ramal is offline Female
Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
WIgivez

Thank you for your understanding. I'm just a little white Webkinz Bunny trying to run some decorating contests.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
WIgivez

View Post Originally Posted by k2ramal
Is this the way all contests are to voted from now on cause it dosen't say so in the new contest?
Actually, it does say so in the new contest. It says it right after the part about the contest deadline on June 24th.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
Gifted
Dancer4Life is an unknown quantity at this point

How is the top 12 decided?
and by whom is it decided?
Could there be a way that the top 12 are nominated by other users?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
WIgivez

View Post Originally Posted by Dancer4Life
How is the top 12 decided?
and by whom is it decided?
Could there be a way that the top 12 are nominated by other users?
The top 12 are selected by me and other members of the WI Staff/Management that have not entered the contest.

Allowing other users to nominate the Top 12 will create the same amount of work and problems that we had before, but thank you for the suggestion.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
emily7921

I was soo disappointed. I worked so hard and used 2000+ KinzCash just to make the room when I found out that I had no chance to win. I think it's unfair cause the Top 12 was picked from only WINNIE'S friends' opinions, but what about the other opinions of the other thousand WI Users??

I don't like the new Top 12 thing, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think I will participate in the contests anymore though still...
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Gifted
Dancer4Life is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by WINNIE
The top 12 are selected by me and other members of the WI Staff/Management that have not entered the contest.

Allowing other users to nominate the Top 12 will create the same amount of work and problems that we had before, but thank you for the suggestion.

What if you had a system with like "the first 12 people nominated by some1 other than themselves are going to be the top 12"?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
WIgivez

View Post Originally Posted by emily7921
I was soo disappointed. I worked so hard and used 2000+ KinzCash just to make the room when I found out that I had no chance to win. I think it's unfair cause the Top 12 was picked from only WINNIE'S friends' opinions, but what about the other opinions of the other thousand WI Users??

I don't like the new Top 12 thing, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think I will participate in the contests anymore though still...
I'm sorry you feel that way Emily, but you have to understand where we are coming from too.

As far as you not entering contests, please let me know if you would like me to remove your entry from the Week 3 contest.
Closed