Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #21
´♥¸¸.☆¨¯`♥¸¸.¸.☆¨¯`♥
Gift Guru

blonde_gurrl is just really niceblonde_gurrl is just really nice

Default Re: WW Math Problems

i think most of the games are difficult PERIOD!
edit i have a hard time even making it past the tree in lily pads 2!!! how do they expect a 6-8 year old (target age) to do that??

No ages please.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 10-11-2010 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: removing age
blonde_gurrl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

Xma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledgeXma92fx flows towards the sea of knowledge

All I remember is that they me multiplication in 2nd grade (learned times tables in 4th) division in 3rd, PEMDAS in 5th... Wow I have great memory lol
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #23

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Heres the thing. Even if the problem itself is not too complicated there are few things that make it complicated. For example, the way it is written out with the symbols on a computer, is different then what a kid would find on a math book. I wasn't even quite sure what a few things meant and had to get my mom to help out. Also, the answere was one half once, so i put the fraction form. But no, the REAL answere was 1.5 so i got it wrong.

It would be a great idea if there were other questions instead of math.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

I'm not good at math either and I don't think it's right to give a math problem in order to get your prize. If you find the item you should get it, not have to solve a math problem too. If you get the problem wrong you don't get your prize, which isn't fair.

I read someone had mentioned in Canada they have to give math problems in contests. Not everyone is from Canada though. Not every adult is good at math either, like me.
Arte's Fan is offline Female
Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #25
webkinz emo vampire
StarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guide

I wish they can use simple math.
Like 2+2

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
Well, I can do it, but I'm... not the best at math, but I'm good for my grade level.

I think they do it so that... like... age restrictions or something like that? Like, making sure it's not some toddler randomly clicking on stuff? And I think you have to be a certain age to have an e-mail address, too (*you point at me* oh, be quiet. ).

So yeah. Also, I think it's almost kind of like the captcha code things? (like when they have ABC123 with the little lines going through them and they ask you to type it)

*shrugs* it's either:

1: to make sure you're "of the age" to be searching for them
2: to make sure you're not a computer
3: for no good reason

And also, WI usually posts the answers to the questions, too, and smaller kids can have their parents supervising them at the computer to help them with the problem, or they can ask their wonderful older sisters who are great at math.

Spoiler: show

EDIT: and also, I found a tree and took a screenshot of the form thingamajig. I do believe it has something to do with the text in the red box (that I doodled on there. I also covered up the captcha code; don't worry, the real ones aren't that hard to read ).

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh, I see. An adult has to help you with the math problem.. if you don't understand it? Right?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
ill make you feel
Gifted

Blackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossible
Blackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossibleBlackie_Lab2003 challenges the impossible

I can't stand it. I learned how to do all that stuff 5 years ago, but all the numbers get mixed up in my head.

Even though it says you should have someone over 18 enter for you, both my mom and grandma, the only adults in my life, are dyscalculic. In other words, they have trouble with math and they'd probably screw up the question like I normally do.

They should have questions like the blue hippo and "What is the 10th letter in the alphabet?" or something to that effect. Easy finger counting for anyone...even someone who's 5 or 6.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #27
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Well for legal reasons Ganz does have to include a skill testing question in order to let us enter their contests. I wonder if for some reason in order for that question to be valid it has to be math based. I know that the skill testing questions for many other contests and giveaways (like Roll-Up-The-Rim) all use math questions for their skill testing questions.

Also as another tip remember there are sites out there that will do that math for you
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #28
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I think math questions are used in these contests because there is clearly a correct answer and there is only one answer.

Also, math is a universal language. The question does not have to be translated.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

You do raise a good point. I have mixed feelings though. I don't want my younger kids on any website if I am not there. My DS is capable of solving math problems like this and even then I still don't let him wander around on the internet. Maybe their thinking process is to encourage the parents to be a part of the online experience?

I also think they would be wise to randomly change the math problem-or mix it up with WW questions like you say...Why have a standard question that is repeated over and over?

You are a brave one to bring up any topic that would require Ganz to change up programming...doesn't that scare you? Even a little? hahaha!
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #30
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I was going to say just what bluski said about the parent issue. I'm sure there are lots of us under 18 who enter the contests like that without a parent supervising, and true, people can blow the whistle at us, but you have to realize, once you decide to do the contest without supervision, you have only yourself to blame if you have trouble with the math questions. If Ganz gets lots of reports (or comments on their forum part of WebkinzNewz) that people couldn't get the item or whatever because they could not answer the skill question, then they'll probably assume that most of these comments were from kids who decided that they were "old enough" to do it without Mom or Dad's help-and they're right in doing so, because if you have your own email (assuming that your parents okayed it), and you have clearance from your parents to go on the computer and do this type of thing, then the math should not be much of a problem, or you would have fetched an older person who could help you.

Even if you are an adult and not good at math, you can still look it up online.

So-if you do the contest without a parent, and you are under 18, then it's not the end of the world; you're not going to jail for it or anything.

BUT, you can't complain that the math is too hard because you're the one who chose to bend the rule and do it without a parent/guardian.
Closed