Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Default Webkinz Newz "Biggest Webkinz Fan" contest

Hi guys,

I was wondering, do you think we should have a thread to post our webkinz video entrees? I mean, not to post them with our faces, but I don't like the idea that it has to be the number of views.
Like, someone really famous on youtube could make one that would be like 5 seconds and win because everyone just wants to see what it was, other than a person that was new-ish who made an awesome video, had like 20 views because they were new.

So if we can mods and admins of WI, thanks, and good luck with the videos!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Webkinz Newz "Biggest Webkinz Fan" contest

I think that'd be a nice idea! I find this contest EXTREMELY unreasonable...before you bash me, hear me out!

First of all, I, and I'm sure many of the kids on Webkinz (especially the younger ones), don't have YouTube accounts. Secondly, I don't think many people know how to make a Youtube video (I know I don't!). Thirdly, I don't think it's fair that they're judging by number of views...that's the WORST way I could possibly think of judging something, because views are so easy to manipulate. I think a better idea would have been having all entrants title their video "Webkinz' biggest fan" or submitting it to Ganz via a contest entry like normally (maybe providing the link). Also, it should be judged randomly, because someone with a lot of friends on youtube could just make a video 10 seconds long saying "I love webkinz" and get a lot of views, whereas someone could make a longer, more detailed video, and not get any views.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Thank you, I'm glad you agree.

And some people could put the title as:

Some famous person buys webkinz
and their webkinz video would be: I have a yellow lab named bob. BYEE

even though GANZ is checking it..
Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

I totally agree with everyone. I do not have a YouTube account, so I will be trying to figure out how to make one (just so we can all lose to really stupid short videos with millions of hits). I also know nothing about making a video and posting, but I am going to try and make a music video with my sibling. Anyways, I thought Webkinz was marketed to kids. Do they really believe little kids know how to make videos and post them on YouTube?? Also, with their Twitter contests, I am not allowed to have a facebook or Twitter like many other kids.
Good riddance.
sarahgotchi is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
e are jormariffic

Good point, a lot of webkinz players ARE under 13.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

It's advertising.

Ganz knows their losing business. I read somewhere that the Webkinz sales are dropping at aprroximately 50% per year.

So they make the people who are into Webkinz advertise for them. An influx of Webkinz themed videos on Youtube gets the image out there for random people to find. If you have more views, your video was the most successful in advertising. So they reward you with something that costs them nothing to make (a Virtual Pet)

It's not about how great the video was. They're just getting US to advertize for THEM for FREE.

And so do you think they give a d*** about how old/young the people are?

I have a youtube account, and I have one video that has 800 views. It's taken me 10 months to get 800 views. And I don't intend to enter the contest or post anything on that account that has to do with Webkinz. I might make another account, *if* I can be bothered to make a video at all...
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
e are jormariffic

Thanks for your post Jenga.

I know it's advertising, and I bet GANZ's costumers are losing 50% each year.

But if you think about how many CRAZZZY people there are about webkinz, who are under 13, might make a webkinz video without them knowing, and the parents find out, the parents are mad at the kids, and GANZ, because the parents might think, oh, GANZ told my son who is younger than 13 show his face in something, (yaddah yaddah) and could post a bad review on GANZ for something, then other people might think, GANZ just wants money and nothing else, they're telling our kids internet un-safety.

that will probably not happen but.. .

xD
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
Proud Aspie
Webkinz :)

Webkinzrules77 is just really niceWebkinzrules77 is just really nice

The number of views thing is so unfair!!!!! I mean, I have an account but no subs and only two friends. Like people said, it could be short and stupid and you would win! If you think about it, it's basically a contest where the five most popular people will win! Ganz IS losing money, so maybe the contest is a crazy scheme to get publicity? I was planing to make a new video anyway, maybe I should post it? Seriously, if like Fred (really popular Youtube guy) made a video, he'd win automatically! It should be based on the quality of the videos, not the views!
Webkinzrules77 is offline Female
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzrules77
The number of views thing is so unfair!!!!! I mean, I have an account but no subs and only two friends. Like people said, it could be short and stupid and you would win! If you think about it, it's basically a contest where the five most popular people will win! Ganz IS losing money, so maybe the contest is a crazy scheme to get publicity? I was planing to make a new video anyway, maybe I should post it? Seriously, if like Fred (really popular Youtube guy) made a video, he'd win automatically! It should be based on the quality of the videos, not the views!
I was thinking of Fred, too!

My cousin got a Fred t-shirt...yah. Someone who sells his own t-shirts ought to be able to sell Webkinz. It is so publicity...
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!

Dude, I'm confused man. Haha.
MissSimplicity is offline Female
Closed